The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

I think my insides are crying in disbelief, also got upset tum and I'm having to work from home on my day off. I'll be with you all during resale and extra mini sales, just like last year, Glastonbury is deffo 365 days a year now.

i wish I could reset today also @Lucy92

I'm working from home too! Just not our day today. It's ok we're saving it for April :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First fail in 7 attempts. One of our group put payment details in but got booted. On the plus side I've had success in the resale one year getting one extra ticket so I should stay hopeful but to be honest, I feel like shit. Well done to everyone here who was successful. 

All of my friends got tickets except for me and 2 others. I got all the way, but my card for some reason got rejected :( I'm trying from the USA with a UK card and I think that had something to do with it as it never gets rejected. So heartbreaking. Definitely gonna be trying volunteering and the resale, it just wouldve been perfect to be guaranteed to be going this far in advance sine I'm coming from far away. 

Add me to the list of people wallowing in self pity for the next 6 months. None of my group managed to even get close. Got to holding page and it crashed so much. Couldn't really even f5!

After my first Glastonbury this year I am more determined than ever to get back there. I look towards the resales with dread and anxiety as this has happened to me far too often. 

This is going to be a long 6 months...

For the first couple hours I desperately tried to be philosophical about missing out. I tried to think how lucky I've been in the last four years and how lucky I was this year grabbing tickets to see Radiohead at the Roundhouse. All that has subsided now into a wave of self pity and despair. I knew this day would come eventually and it's just absolutely typical that it's happened the year that Radiohead will probably headline the Pyramid. 

Is that self pitying enough for you?  

Posted this in another thread but I'm miserable at the moment. The pre-Monday dread is kicking in and not getting a ticket today has been a real downer.  Actually a lot more gutted than I thought I would be. Managed the last 11 festivals on the bounce, by the law of averages I've had a good run. I didn't even see a holding page again today though which doesn't make me too optimistic for the resales  I will be trying all I can though and hopefully rope some others in. It's going to be a long 6 months :(

And I just know* Radiohead are going to be there next year too. 

I think I'm going to have a couple of beers tonight.

*predict like everyone else. 

Edited by General Lee

9 hours ago, Mardy said:

Nothing for me and mine. 

Going out for a walk and a ponder. Staying away from social media

Hi Mardy - we met briefly this year at efests meet (you, me and pinhead were talking at some point) and most enjoyable it was too. I hope you are up for the resales and if so I will gladly help out.

Luckily got sorted my self. 

And if anyone else wants assistance let me know. 

All our crew got sorted

But whilst loads of us with multiple devices could not get anywhere with the booking page , one of our lot who is in IT , used the IP address thingy to sneak in and managed to get around  15 tickets .

I was given an explanation of how it worked but still baffles me. !

Its an absolute sickner seeing people who adore the festival missing out. To top it off most of my mates would not have given a toss if they had missed out on tickets. They just expected I would get them a ticket and took it for granted. After having suffered years of not getting tickets, I had been overjoyed at getting them in 2015 and 2016. Today seems very bitter sweet in comparison.

If I am on shift in April then I can help out. 

Edited by eastynh