Glastonbury festival 2017 in Sold Out shocker

bsolxiv

Every year on this forum some people are always saying - "it might not sell out this year" citing reasons such as the previous year's weather, poor headline rumours, state of the economy, and "it didn't sell out straight away in 200x". Seeing as the last festival was the worst logistically and easily the 4th muddiest ever with 3 beige headliners, can we now all agree that Glastonbury festival will sell out whatever happens?

Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thing is, BBC go bigger with their coverage each year. This year was the peak in my opinion. Adele coverage was ridiculous, I've spoken to so many people who wouldn't be seen dead near a muddy field wanting to go after watching the T.V.coverage. If the beeb stopped covering it then there would be less demand imho. 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No joy old bean?

I'll be hammering for you in April if not. 

Oh no, I was sorted on Thursday. Just sad that beige=popular.

But then again, given what's happening politically here, France and the US (to name but 3), some people going to Glastonbury because the only music they listen to is "25" in the car seems the least egregious thing to blame "people" for.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

50 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

Every year on this forum some people are always saying - "it might not sell out this year" citing reasons such as the previous year's weather, poor headline rumours, state of the economy, and "it didn't sell out straight away in 200x". Seeing as the last festival was the worst logistically and easily the 4th muddiest ever with 3 beige headliners, can we now all agree that Glastonbury festival will sell out whatever happens?

Thanks.

I don't think anyone's said it wasn't going to sell out. I think people generally speculate as to what the demand might be, how easy it might be to get tickets. 

It did take longer to sell out this year. I'm sure last year it was done and dusted within 30 minutes. This year I think it was around 50 or so, I lost track as I went unsuccesfully back and forth from the payment page before getting the stupid sold out page grrrrrrr.

Edited by Dave_c

4 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

It did take longer to sell out this year. I'm sure last year it was done and dusted within 30 minutes. This year I think it was around 50 or so, I lost track as I went unsuccesfully back and forth from the payment page before getting the stupid sold out page grrrrrrr.

I think the higher demand meant See struggled and therefore couldn't sell as fast as in previous years. 

2 hours ago, bsolxiv said:

can we now all agree that Glastonbury festival will sell out whatever happens?

2 hours ago, verrymerry said:

I suspect it will be a long time before it stops selling out

While it was always going to sell out this yaer - people were saying exactly this 10 years ago.

Then 2007 happened. It only takes one bad year (and for anyone who was at both, 2016 isn't even comparable to 2007) for things to change.

I suspect that the website crashes were down to apps like "Refreshinator" which I did read a note suggesting that See were shutting off IP addresses which were generating excessive traffic (not dissimilar to a DOS attack really)

Anywho, I bet they don't sell out next year...

I'll miss Ticket Day like an irritating little dog that used to piss on your daffodils every year.

1 hour ago, incident said:

While it was always going to sell out this yaer - people were saying exactly this 10 years ago.

Then 2007 happened. It only takes one bad year (and for anyone who was at both, 2016 isn't even comparable to 2007) for things to change.

I dunno, 2007 wasn't that bad as far as I remember! I mean it was wet, but it was still good...  But then it was 10 years ago...  Christ!