Glastonbury festival 2017 in Sold Out shocker

bsolxiv

8 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Make Glastonbury Great Again!

First thing we're gonna do, and it'll happen, is to build a big wa......Oh shit it's happening already!!!

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Or zero tolerance to intolerance?

Wouldn't that be intolerant itself?

Still my favourite thread from last year I think was the guy complaining that as a right wing voter he didn't feel welcome at Glastonbury...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Oh yeah, cold. Don't forget how fucking cold it was.

I remember leaving the site on Monday morning. You could've mistaken it for Friday morning,  there were that many tents there.

I know it's wrong to leave stuff behind but people were so ruined, almost everything was left! 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

First thing we're gonna do, and it'll happen, is to build a big wa......Oh shit it's happening already!!!

Wouldn't that be intolerant itself?

Still my favourite thread from last year I think was the guy complaining that as a right wing voter he didn't feel welcome at Glastonbury...

Well, a festival sponsored poster and several performing artists all seemed to assume we all voted to remain in the EU...

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

This year was my first time back since 2007 and it was pretty much how I remembered it, even the mud was the same.

still far too many people on site, people not budging from the pyramid stage, billy Bragg being billy Bragg and utterly random crap making it the wonderful place it is.

So you went in 2007 and 2016? Are you going next year? It's just that you seem to being the rain! I'll pack extra water proofs if that's the case! :) 

1 hour ago, Cheesey said:

Yep, it was Massive Attack. I remember because I met Mr Eavis on the Wednesday that year and he asked me if I was going to see Jay Z. He looked a bit crestfallen when I said was planning to see Massive Attack.

That's a good reason to be remembering that :) 

The years begin to blur but wasn't it 2005 which was really hot on the Weds only for it to flood massively on the Thurs? Worse than 2007 which was relentless but manageable although we had a massive tent which is prominent on the overhead pictures of the festival and were comfortable. I thought that year we were encouraged to leave tents behind for charity.

4 minutes ago, monosabio said:

The years begin to blur but wasn't it 2005 which was really hot on the Weds only for it to flood massively on the Thurs? Worse than 2007 which was relentless but manageable although we had a massive tent which is prominent on the overhead pictures of the festival and were comfortable. I thought that year we were encouraged to leave tents behind for charity.

2005 was extremely hot on Wednesday and Thursday, then put down a months worth of rain overnight Thursday into Friday.. A couple areas flooded most famously the bottom of Pennards - I'm sure it was extremely grim for the unfortunate few who got flooded out but I can't imagine many others rating it worse than 2007 (or even in the same conversation).. I've seen people claim the mud lasted the whole rest of the weekend, and maybe it did in places but most of the site dried out pretty quickly, I was able to switch back to trainers on the Saturday afternoon without hitting any real issues.

The year that people were encouraged to donate any unwanted tents to charity, and incorrectly decided that meant they could leave them behind was 2011. There's still people using that as an excuse to this day despite it having been clarified on multiple occasions.

14 hours ago, morph100 said:

That's me and my mates in that bottom pic I have the green mask on the right hand side are you "one of us"? Or just behind us? 

Blimey small world, I guess I was just behind you, not sure if I was just wandering past or putting in a shift at the pyramid.

On 10/9/2016 at 5:54 PM, Spindles said:

I remember the media being awash with tales of disaster throughout the festival in 2007, from stages sinking and power cuts to images of mud covered punters and destroyed tents.  Everyone I know who attended had a hell of time, but the portrayal of that year even now is of the worst weather the festival ever experienced.

2008's media overdrive criticising the festival for having the audacity to have a popular american artist headlining with a genre that didn't involve either white boys with guitars or white boys with mixing desks had about an equal effect as the memories of the previous year's atrocious weather.  

I'd say that sounds a lot more like the coverage of 2005 (year of the flood), but IMHO that also played it's part 04,05 and 07 all being (to differing degrees) muddy certainly didn't boost appeal