Newbie - who's stayed in tangerine fields???

Nichole93

Depends where you walk from obviously....but as an example it's about 15 mins amble from the Pyramid.

Very well run....parking only a couple of mins away.  Great staff.  Bar, food, showers, hairdryers, flushers.

If we get tickets tomorrow we'll be booking Tangerine for the 5th time running so they must be doing something right.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Depends where you walk from obviously....but as an example it's about 15 mins amble from the Pyramid.

Very well run....parking only a couple of mins away.  Great staff.  Bar, food, showers, hairdryers, flushers.

If we get tickets tomorrow we'll be booking Tangerine for the 5th time running so they must be doing something right.

How quickly do they usually sell out? 

We've managed to get coach tickets and with 2 children coming with us it would be much easier for us to get something pre-erected. Stayed in worthy View last year..  still undecided 

11 minutes ago, k8yphillips said:

How quickly do they usually sell out? 

We've managed to get coach tickets and with 2 children coming with us it would be much easier for us to get something pre-erected. Stayed in worthy View last year..  still undecided 

Don't remember exactly but it usually pretty quick, as in a week or so, for the 2 and 4 man tents.  They do get cancellations though that come up in May as folks who have booked ahead fail to get tickets in the resale or change their plans and cancel.

Just now, parsonjack said:

Don't remember exactly but it usually pretty quick, as in a week or so, for the 2 and 4 man tents.  They do get cancellations though that come up in May as folks who have booked ahead fail to get tickets in the resale or change their plans and cancel.

Thankyou. We just have to wait until Friday payday so hopefully there will be some still available then.. it's definitely looking to be the best option for us.

i have been once in TF in it was absolut fine. short walk to pyramid stage

well organized with showers etc. i can not saying anything bad.

last time we have been in  podpads at worthy view, wich we no prefer

because of the beautiful view over the whole area anove the hill of death,

the facilities there are equal. te view is really the main reason to stay at WV.

Couple of tips if you book......definitely book a parking ticket....if you have small children who want sleep avoid the field with the bar as it can be noisy late on.  After booking just email and tell them you have family and wish to avoid the bar field....they are very helpful.  

There are 3 fields and all have a slope to some degree.  The flattest areas are top of the middle field....which I think they regard as the 'family field', and top of the first field where reception is.  The 'reception' field is closest to the parking and has the flushing toilets, but the middle field, especially at the top, is quieter and closest to the showers and portaloos.  Again if you contact them and tell them what you're after they will help out.  They have put us in pretty much the same spot the last 4 years we have asked.

Anything more you need to know just shout.

18 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Couple of tips if you book......definitely book a parking ticket....if you have small children who want sleep avoid the field with the bar as it can be noisy late on.  After booking just email and tell them you have family and wish to avoid the bar field....they are very helpful.  

There are 3 fields and all have a slope to some degree.  The flattest areas are top of the middle field....which I think they regard as the 'family field', and top of the first field where reception is.  The 'reception' field is closest to the parking and has the flushing toilets, but the middle field, especially at the top, is quieter and closest to the showers and portaloos.  Again if you contact them and tell them what you're after they will help out.  They have put us in pretty much the same spot the last 4 years we have asked.

Anything more you need to know just shout.

That's really helpful, thankyou, I will be sure to email them as soon as we book. 

Hi 

We stayed in the Love Fields this year but they have put the price up by £100 for pitch your own tent for next year. The TF fields seem much better value and with tent already there. My only concern is location. Anyone stayed in both LF and TF to give a comparison?

Feeling hopeful for tickets in morning!!!

12 minutes ago, saintfletch said:

I've stayed in WV the last two years and looking at TF this year (mainly to avoid the hill). If anyone has done both are there any pro's to TF? Are the tents better, is the walk shorter etc etc?

From doing a bit of research on previous threads on here it sounds like it's a hefty walk, but obviously not as up hill. Also we've stayed at the bell tents in WV so it's a long walk to there as it's right at the back of the site.

I think things all being equal it'll be a shorter/easier walk from the Pyramid, obviously getting back from the SE Corner will be more difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2016 at 11:27 AM, MilkyJoe said:

@HattersBoy stayed in TF this year as a newbie, I'm sure he'll be able to give you a perspective from a first timer point of view.

Shaun.

Yep we did the bell tents in TF which were fine, the smaller tents are somewhat smaller. If you are in the SE corner or Arcadia at the end of the night then the walk back is long and the walk up muddy lane is up hill but not as bad as WV from what we could tell. Its a nice site but is out of the way and with the mud it was muddy all the way up muddy lane.

As I didn't get tickets this year may just wait for resale date by which time TF will probably be sold out so may just camp normally IF we get ticket so as not to have to worry about the distance.

Flying solo this year without the gang and the motorhome we share. I'm a lazy sod so won't haul gear across the site. Decided to plump for Tangerine Fields to save hassle and based on reviews here. Going to arrive Weds afternoon to it all set up and being near my car and easier access seems like a bonus.

Location doesn't bother me as I'm used to a walk onsite from the CV fields. Always out all day so when I go to my tent it's to sleep. 

Hoping they'll let me put a flag up still.

39 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Flying solo this year without the gang and the motorhome we share. I'm a lazy sod so won't haul gear across the site. Decided to plump for Tangerine Fields to save hassle and based on reviews here. Going to arrive Weds afternoon to it all set up and being near my car and easier access seems like a bonus.

Location doesn't bother me as I'm used to a walk onsite from the CV fields. Always out all day so when I go to my tent it's to sleep. 

Hoping they'll let me put a flag up still.

No prob with flags in TF!  One of the biggest bonuses is getting out on Monday as you get directed away from the normal traffic leaving the East carparks....we left at 1200 this year and were parked at home in Frome by 1230!

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No prob with flags in TF!  One of the biggest bonuses is getting out on Monday as you get directed away from the normal traffic leaving the East carparks....we left at 1200 this year and were parked at home in Frome by 1230!

That sounds great. I've got a drive back to the North East afterwards which can be a chore after several hours stuck in traffic. 

I've done both and prefer WV from my POV. The 7 mins (I timed it!) of cardio up the steps is worth it for the view. The walk up muddy lane to TF is tedious, prefer meander through green fields/Park home to WV and Strummerville is a great last stop. Nearer to shangri la, Park and Arcadia at night. The walk in the morning encourages exploration of the whole south east area and circus/Cabaret etc. Queues for showers are longer at TF as units are self contained and therefore people take their time changing. WV is in and out! The small tents in TF are tiny, larger ones more expensive than WV. Easy pass out at WV, nothing to lose. TF is smaller and car parks even nearer. Finally, WV run by festival so they get any profits. 

On 8 October 2016 at 8:53 PM, tullux said:

i have been once in TF in it was absolut fine. short walk to pyramid stage

well organized with showers etc. i can not saying anything bad.

last time we have been in  podpads at worthy view, wich we no prefer

because of the beautiful view over the whole area anove the hill of death,

the facilities there are equal. te view is really the main reason to stay at WV.

We've done WV last two years and trying TF in 2017. Hoping it's as good and a year off from the hill lol. Last year in the mud was entertaining to say the least getting up that hill at night!!! :rofl:

On 9 October 2016 at 6:27 PM, Aliandsas said:

Has anyone stayed in the 2 man tent? I'm worried that it looks very small as I'm usually a caravanner not a camper!

The two man tents look smaller in the pictures than they are in real life. I couldn't believe the difference between them and the podpads in size. Booked a scout tent last two years, they're fine. Two single air beds go in no problem and about the equivalent floor space left. You also get a bit at the front of the tent that you can keep wellies/boots and bits and pieces in. They're fine and you're so near the car park you can go back and forth to car for stuff instead of keeping it in tent.