Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Awesome, glad to hear that, haven't heard from many that have actually been! How cheap is cheep for booze? See you there!

Like I didn't feel I was getting skanked paying for drinks at any point, and they were free pouring spirits which means no stingy optics measures like you get at UK festivals.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Hello mate, regarding the wristband is this picked up at the festival site or sent in the post? 

Printed out tickets, exchanged them for wristbands at the site.

The wristbands have a barcode built into them as I mentioned earlier. This barcode then gets 'charged' at pay points around the site with however much you want to put on them. The balance then gets taken off at the food/drink places whenever you pay for something.

(Added bonus was we found a wristband in the pit during Prodigy's set, which when we checked scanned it at one of the pay points turns out had 20€ still on it, so we grabbed burgers and as many bottles of water as we could afford before Die Antwoord started B))

Only regret was maybe not heading to one of the smaller arenas to see Caribou, but it was a toss up between leaving after Jane's Addiction and then having to mission it there and back, or else staying put and getting front row for Prodigy. We ended up staying and it was mental :D

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, gregory said:

Same, well a little. Poland for Open'er, Madrid & Mad Cool, Benicassim, Barcelona. What about you?

Yeah going to Asia for a few months and then coming back to Europe for Nova Rock, Southside, Open'er, BST and Mad Cool. Might head out to Barcelona after Mad Cool as we haven't booked a flight home yet, all depends on if we have any money left over though.

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah going to Asia for a few months and then coming back to Europe for Nova Rock, Southside, Open'er, BST and Mad Cool. Might head out to Barcelona after Mad Cool as we haven't booked a flight home yet, all depends on if we have any money left over though.

How many times you seeing Green Day then, 4?! There's not many days between Open'er and Mad Cool... 

Sounds good anyway, I live in Thailand. Asia rocks.

43 minutes ago, gregory said:

How many times you seeing Green Day then, 4?! There's not many days between Open'er and Mad Cool... 

Sounds good anyway, I live in Thailand. Asia rocks.

Yeah 4 times it will work out as unless there's clashes at some festivals, it wouldn't matter giving them a miss though as I'd have the other 2-3 times. Only going to Open'er for 1 or 2 days, I've booked the Foo Fighters day ticket and we might do the Radiohead day too as we should be in Poland by then.

Any recommendations? Bit worried though as I know the monsoons are meant to start around May-June time and don't want it to be too much of a mess for trekking and beaches in that time.

Hey folks! I'm looking at going to Mad Cool with my girlfriend this year and was wondering if you might have any advice. Firstly, when do tickets usually sell out (I know it's hard to say for sure as it's only in it's second year!) Also, are hotels in Madrid easy to come by over the festival or should I get in early? Looking like its going to be a top lineup in an excellent location! Cheers!

11 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

New names: Ryan Adams, Wilco, Dinosaur Jr., Spoon, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Foster the People, Deap Vally, Kodaline, Kiasmos, Röyksopp, Boys Noize, Moderat, Xavier Rudd and Belako.

AMAZING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Great undercard. Royksopp are around in 2017 - this is a good thing.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Tickets bought for Mad Cool on Friday,means I'll be seeing Green Day 4 times next year,can't wait!

Could anyone recommend any hotels in the city centre or close?Looking for somewhere decent as we'll be staying for 5 nights,budgeting for around £60/70 a night...also is there like a week pass for the metro?I've read that that's the easiest way to get to the festival from the city centre!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stubbs said:

Which area of Madrid would be best to stay in, for the festival and to include some sightseeing, eating out etc?

Atocha is a great option, connected with every part of the city, close to city centre (Sol) and (not 100% sure about this) I think the festival will launch late night buses to Atocha. If you want something closer to the festival Legazpi area is the best option (but is not a touristic place).

13 hours ago, gregory said:

Can we expect more bands when the price goes up around Jan 15th? Or will it be a while now? Anyone remember the announcement dates last year? :)

5 hours ago, gregory said:

They've been €20 increments so far, €105, €125, €145, so maybe €165? Just guessing. 

Who keeps down voting these? I don't really get what Gregory has said wrong, just general questions/answers. By the way I'm hoping they'll be another announcement this month, think there'll be a few European festival announcements next week but not sure on what the announcements were like last year for mad cool or if there are many more bands to announce tbh.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Who keeps down voting these? I don't really get what Gregory has said wrong, just general questions/answers. By the way I'm hoping they'll be another announcement this month, think there'll be a few European festival announcements next week but not sure on what the announcements were like last year for mad cool or if there are many more bands to announce tbh.

Seems like the Gazza effect where idiots downvote someone every time they post because they don't some things they've said in the past.

i hardly come on these boards anymore as the amount of assholes is unbearable at times. 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I'm tired of it, all I try do on these forums is bring announcement dates and line-up info, even for festivals I'm not going to, and share information to try get discussion started. 

Sadly e-festivals don't have Mad Cool 2016 on file, so no archive of news/announcements. I MC they said there'd be 65 bands, so we've got about 40 to come, though some of them will be Spanish. 

23 hours ago, gregory said:

Can we expect more bands when the price goes up around Jan 15th? Or will it be a while now? Anyone remember the announcement dates last year? :)

With a little help from my fb page dedicated to festivals and e-fest forum, i found the dates of last year announcements

18/3 - last one with The Who & Garbage

18/2 - Biffy Clyro, Die Antwoord & few spanish bands

28/1 - Neil Young, Prodigy

This year is completely different, we already had four announcements

Good thing for me about this year is that all the bands that bore me are playing Bilbao (2DCC, 1975, Justice, Killers) or Beni (Foals, The Weeknd). Still hoping for Primus and maybe reunited Live or even John Fogerty (he is playing ARF few weeks before)

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Any idea of the bands that could still be announced? 

The XX, Imagine Dragons, The Kills are all playing NOS Alive and yet to have a Spanish fest confirmed. 

A few acts doing festivals that come to mind; Franz Ferdinand, Local Natives, Banks, Air, Avalanches, Flume, Lorde, Father John Misty, Solange