Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

Taxis are pretty cheap in Madrid so I'd just grab one of those back to the centre, you might even find some people willing to share a taxi with you :) Did anyone get the shuttle last year, was it quite quick to get to the centre?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download Festival Madrid was celebrated last weekend in Madrid in the same venue as Mad Cool Festival (La Caja Mágica). There were lot of pickpockets are hundreds of people were robbed while dancing or jumping. Lot of wallets and mobiles were taken from people pockets. 

Two thieves was caught by security guys with more than 60 mobiles in their backpacks. They pickpocketed them or cut the lower side of the backpacks with a little knife

Here you can check the info: http://www.europapress.es/madrid/noticia-detenidos-dos-jovenes-62-moviles-robados-festival-download-20170626195500.html

So try to avoid wearing things in your pockets, don't wear backpacks, buy a bum bug and be aware if you decide to be in the pogo in Green Day or Rancid. Some people say in spanish forums that police had info that more than 500 people were robbed in Download Festival. 

Edited by johnybegood

3 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Download Festival Madrid was celebrated last weekend in Madrid in the same venue as Mad Cool Festival (La Caja Mágica). There were lot of pickpockets are hundreds of people were robbed while dancing or jumping. Lot of wallets and mobiles were taken from people pockets. 

Two thieves was caught by security guys with more than 60 mobiles in their backpacks. They pickpocketed them or cut the lower side of the backpacks with a little knife

Here you can check the info: http://www.europapress.es/madrid/noticia-detenidos-dos-jovenes-62-moviles-robados-festival-download-20170626195500.html

So try to avoid wearing things in your pockets, don't wear backpacks, buy a bum bug and be aware if you decide to be in the pogo in Green Day or Rancid. Some people say in spanish forums that police had info that more than 500 people were robbed in Download Festival. 

Thanks for the heads up.  

On 6/30/2017 at 7:21 AM, she's a star said:

Flying out from Edinburgh:)

I take it its going to be the same situation with any other festival,  can't take any alcohol in to the arena with you?

cool. we both scottish but flying from Dublin. how many of you guys are going?

On 6/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, stubbs said:

Have they announced what time the gates open yet? Wouldn't mind getting their early on Thursday to exchange tickets for wristband

We've got VIP tickets and they have told us we can pick our wristbands up from 3.00 pm on Thursday. I assume it would be similar for standard tickets. I don't know whether the gates open at the same time. We will probably turn up somewhere between 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm.

It's great to be going to a festival where you don't have to check the weather forecast every 5 minutes!

I've just bought night bus tickets. Does anyone know whereabouts in the city they pick up from? Can't see anywhere on the website, unless it's the usual buses listed. Super cheap too, 2 day returns for £6.50

Edit: ignore me, they're singles only from the festival back into the city. Makes sense now.

Edited by SPTFRE

On 7/2/2017 at 1:32 PM, she's a star said:

Just 2 of us! From Glasgow but edinburgh were doing direct flights. Leave on weds :)

thats cool. we are glasgow lads too. we are flying wed day and get there early evening. PM if you fancy the glasgow banter with yer own kind!

10 hours ago, elias said:

It's great to be going to a festival where you don't have to check the weather forecast every 5 minutes!

The weather on Thursday looks woeful. Huge rain storm passing through.

Anyone else from Ireland heading over?

10 hours ago, Teacher said:

The weather on Thursday looks woeful. Huge rain storm passing through.

Anyone else from Ireland heading over?

????? Where are you getting this from? Both the BBC  and the Met Office are showing light showers between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm, but otherwise sunny and 25°C.

You're not The Nal in disguise are you?  :lol:

53 minutes ago, elias said:

????? Where are you getting this from? Both the BBC  and the Met Office are showing light showers between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm, but otherwise sunny and 25°C.

I use this site for weather and find it is generally pretty accurate

https://www.yr.no/nb/liste/time/2-3117735/Spania/Madrid/Madrid/Madrid?i=3

On 02/07/2017 at 5:38 PM, kevtamuk said:

Anyone who's been before know what the situation is for drinking water?  Are there free water points?

Would love to know this as well.

On a different note have prices for drink and food been released anywhere yet?

1 hour ago, elias said:

This is the Spanish Ministry of Environement official weather website and it's pretty accurate: http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/madrid-id28079

You can also check this one: https://www.eltiempo.es/madrid.html

It's so strange that in Spain we have rain in July, but it seems that it will rain on thursday and maybe a little bit on friday. At least the weather will be softer and not so hot  I prefer a bit of rain, than 40 degrees during the day.

Edited by johnybegood

3 hours ago, Teacher said:

Would love to know this as well.

On a different note have prices for drink and food been released anywhere yet?

I don't know about food prices, but there's a very informative post on page 17 of this thread showing the drink prices from last year.

2 hours ago, stubbs said:

Anyone know what its like getting taxis back into city centre from the festival?

There are taxi ranks at both exits of the festival. You won't have any problem getting a taxi (besides waiting maybe 15 or 20 minutes in the queue if you leave just when the headliner ends his performance)

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I did that last night, woke up next to 1000 people bagging their liquids and queuing for security. Have fun. 

Be these about 2, flight 6.30. I will try to do it fast. U off to Madrid or Bilbao?

22 hours ago, johnybegood said:

There are taxi ranks at both exits of the festival. You won't have any problem getting a taxi (besides waiting maybe 15 or 20 minutes in the queue if you leave just when the headliner ends his performance)

Good to know, cheers.

Now just need to find where to buy a poncho in town. Think a trip to primark may be in order