Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if the bars where you top up your wristbands are cash only or can you pay by card? Not a fan of carrying alot of cash. Be handy if I can just top up with a few contact less hits throughout the weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, missmental123 said:

Me neither, I emailed them. They responded that they would look into it but I've not heard back!!

Did you buy them via Ticketmaster or the fest ticket site? Fest ticket you collect at site

On 5/29/2017 at 9:10 PM, BJA said:

Can anyone tell me if the bars where you top up your wristbands are cash only or can you pay by card? Not a fan of carrying alot of cash. Be handy if I can just top up with a few contact less hits throughout the weekend. 

Last year you could use both card and cash to top up the wristbands.

21 hours ago, jordanriley1992 said:

Does anyone have any idea on how much beer costs at the festival?

Can't remember exactly, but the bar prices were all quite reasonable last year. Think minis (big fuck off litre plastic cups of beer) were around the 6-8€ range.

Only issue is with it being so bastard hot in Madrid, that a litre of beer gets warm and flat real quick unless you finish it sharpish.

3 minutes ago, tabasco said:

Only issue is with it being so bastard hot in Madrid, that a litre of beer gets warm and flat real quick unless you finish it sharpish.

I'm going with my wife and two daughters (both adults). I quite like drinking small glasses of lager for exactly the reason you say - it doesn't get warm and flat. I guess I'll have to ask for a litre of beer and 4 straws!  :lol:

23 hours ago, jordanriley1992 said:

Does anyone have any idea on how much beer costs at the festival?

Last year, these were the prices. (1 MAD = 1€)

For 3€ you could get 0.5 lit. of fresh beer. It wasn't an expensive festival. 

(agua=water; refresco=coca cola/fanta; cerveza=beer; kalimotxo=wine+coca cola; combinado=spirits, gin tonic, rum coke, whisky...; Mini = 1 liter glass)

Mad_Cool_Precios_Bebida.jpg

Edited by johnybegood

3 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Last year, these were the prices. (1 MAD = 1€)

For 3€ you could get 0.5 lit. of fresh beer. It wasn't an expensive festival. 

(agua=water; refresco=coca cola/fanta; cerveza=beer; kalimotxo=wine+coca cola; combinado=spirits, gin tonic, rum coke, whisky...; Mini = 1 liter glass)

Mad_Cool_Precios_Bebida.jpg

Thanks for that, it's really interesting.
I guess something is lost in translation when a 'Cerveza' is 3 Euro, but a 'Mini Cerveza' is 9 Euro!
I'm happy at 3 Euro for a beer.

44 minutes ago, elias said:

I guess something is lost in translation when a 'Cerveza' is 3 Euro, but a 'Mini Cerveza' is 9 Euro!

Mini is a "huge glass" of beer (1 liter or so). i think that is better buying 3€ beers because they are almost 0,5 liter. The last day os festival, I brought home my last glass (it was a hard glass with all the names of the bands playing written in it), and we checked that almost 0,5 liter was its capacity.

16 hours ago, elias said:

Mini is one of the big plastic pots. Honestly at those prices, a litre of vodka mixer (mini combinado) was a bargain IMO.

Anyone been listening to the mad cool spotify playlist? Been using it to listen to bands I've never heard of. Quite liking benjamin booker, think there may be a few clashes I wasn't anticipating

On 6/17/2017 at 4:20 PM, stubbs said:

Anyone been listening to the mad cool spotify playlist? Been using it to listen to bands I've never heard of. Quite liking benjamin booker, think there may be a few clashes I wasn't anticipating

I've been listening to Benjamin Booker as well. I really like it, but he clashes with Green Day, as do Cage The Elephant. Friday is the worst for me for clashes as I'll have to miss Spoon to see Rancid as well.

On 2017-6-19 at 8:58 AM, elias said:

I've been listening to Benjamin Booker as well. I really like it, but he clashes with Green Day, as do Cage The Elephant. Friday is the worst for me for clashes as I'll have to miss Spoon to see Rancid as well.

Aye, don't think I'll end up seeing much of Green Day.

Anyone watching the foos tonight at Glastonbury? It's on the iplayer live along with 5 other stages. Not sure if those outside UK can view?

The national on before, shame they're not playing Madrid 

Quick question: I love the idea and price of the mad cool late night shuttle busses but quite frankly most nights I'll probably be headed back to Madrid long before they start running at 4:00. Does anyone know what the best and cheapest ways to get back in the midnight to 2am range might be?