Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

13 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

This is part of the email I got from Ticketmaster on March 31. Seems like the email address is legit:

Only four months left for Mad Cool and the festival has already sold out all it´s 3 day passes, as well as the day tickets for July 6th. The Festival´s organization will start shipping bracelets on May.

All those who have purchased their tickets online via Ticketmaster or Mad Cool Festival website will receive the bracelets directly at their home address (or any other address specified when purchasing). The bracelet will allow you direct access to the festival, which will take place on July 6, 7 and 8th at the Caja Mágica in Madrid. They will be delivered by courier service.

Regarding this matter we have set up the email address pulseras@madcool.es  so we can receive all your inquiries regarding shipments. For those who have changed their shipping address in the last months or want to change it for any other reason, they can still do so until April 15. If this is your case, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.

Thank you, I guess it's legit but came through that email in Spanish as I bought it from the Mad Cool site. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/9/2017 at 3:42 PM, McCallion said:

Hey folks. Was just wondering if anyone knew how easy / difficult it is to get back into Madrid after the festival ends each evening? Cheers!

We left just before the end of Die Antwoord last year (closing act on the second night) and got a taxi straight away, around 3:30/4am.

Cost about 10€ IIRC, and that's going from the festival site to my apartment which is North-East-ish.

There are also shuttle buses that went from 3-4:30am from the festival back into central Madrid. One journey was 2.50€, or you could get a ticket for all three days for 6€.

Am i right in thinking those of us who bought tickets via festicket we will collect our wristbands at the entrance to the festival?

Also did they produce a site map last year? Just wondering about the layout of the festival

On 5/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, stubbs said:

Am i right in thinking those of us who bought tickets via festicket we will collect our wristbands at the entrance to the festival?

Also did they produce a site map last year? Just wondering about the layout of the festival

That's what they did last year for ticket collection. Took the printed out page to the front, had it scanned and swapped for a wristband (wristband had a mini barcode in it that also doubled as charge token for the cashless bars)

I don't remember seeing a site map being given out, but there were plenty of big ones around the place so just took a photo of one with my phone.

On 2017-5-17 at 7:33 PM, SPTFRE said:

I bought our tickets through Ticketmaster (Spain). Anyone received their ticket through TM yet?

I received my wristband last week. I am Spanish and I bought my ticket the first day, they were on sale.

They sent me an email, telling me that I will receive my wristband in the following 72hours.

only bad thing is i will have to deicide shall i watch whole set of Manics or whole set of Dinosaur Jr. i'd give them 8/10 for that timetable

thursday - Warpaint - bored (might watch Foals) - Foos - Kurt Vile

friday - Deap Vally - Rancid - Ryan Adams - Green Day - Slowdive - perfect day, but i'd like to see a bit of Cage of Elephant

saturday - Xavier Rudd - Wilco - Manics - Dinosaur Jr - Kings Of Leon - M.I.A

My wristbands were delivered via courier yesterday B)

They've got the barcode built into them again like last year, so am assuming it'll be cashless bars again with you having to 'charge' the barcode at pay stations, then having it scanned when you're getting drinks/food.

23 hours ago, pete76 said:

only bad thing is i will have to deicide shall i watch whole set of Manics or whole set of Dinosaur Jr. i'd give them 8/10 for that timetable

thursday - Warpaint - bored (might watch Foals) - Foos - Kurt Vile

friday - Deap Vally - Rancid - Ryan Adams - Green Day - Slowdive - perfect day, but i'd like to see a bit of Cage of Elephant

saturday - Xavier Rudd - Wilco - Manics - Dinosaur Jr - Kings Of Leon - M.I.A

Funnily enough that's almost the same as my plan. Swap Warpaint for The Lumineers and MIA for Foster The People and we're there!

I would also like to have seen Benjamin Booker and Cage The Elephant, but you can't have everything.
Looking forward to an amazing festival in glorious weather. I'll probably just about have dried out from Glastonbury by then!

8 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Oh, probably it'll clash with Benicassim.

Next year all the festivals will be "one week later" in order to adjust their calendars. Same happened in 2013.

Benicassim 2013: 18/19/20/21 July

Nos Alive 2013: 12/13/14 July

BBK 2013: 11/12/13 July

So next year Mad Cool will be the same weekend that nos Alive and BBK Live (same that this year) and one week before Benicassim, but all festivals will be one week later (that always happens the year that the 1st July is Sunday)

Edited by johnybegood

On 2017-5-15 at 11:24 AM, tabasco said:

That's what they did last year for ticket collection. Took the printed out page to the front, had it scanned and swapped for a wristband (wristband had a mini barcode in it that also doubled as charge token for the cashless bars)

I don't remember seeing a site map being given out, but there were plenty of big ones around the place so just took a photo of one with my phone.

Cheers mate.

Looking forward to it, bit dissapointed with some of the timings and a couple of clashes for me. Also Catfish being on at 2am is a bit shit, i'll be no doubt in need of my bed by then. The days of pulling all nighters are behind me