Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, pete76 said:

Avalanches seem to be rumoured everywhere, why not at MCF then? :-)

Can't say I know them, so on that basis I hope it's not them. It had better be a well known international act

1 hour ago, stubbs said:

Can't say I know them, so on that basis I hope it's not them. It had better be a well known international act

They been announced for Bilbao, so pretty sure it is not them. They mentioned that this mysterious act will not be American one. Wondering if it remains true, is that act just delaying announcement or maybe it is no longer true and they can announce someone from USA?

1 hour ago, Arnold said:

The user "gregory" is selling its ticket. Maybe you should try to contact him by PM.

Haha, I haven't quite decided what I'm doing yet. But I'd recommend @Nimrod checking the Mad Cool 2017 FB event page and also https://www.ticketswap.com/event/mad-cool-festival/3-day-ticket/058f5c94-039d-4680-83b5-378bb116d990/66712:) 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

What do you think about QOTSA?
They have pretty big gap from 23.06 to 13.07, upcoming album, no dates in Europe yet and some rumours about their appearance at european festivals.

The festival is sold-out, so why booking a 1 million dollars band?

The final act will be a medium size band, nothing big. For example: Jet

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

The festival is sold-out, so why booking a 1 million dollars band?

The final act will be a medium size band, nothing big. For example: Jet

I get what you're saying, but I suppose it depends when the act was booked. Just because they haven't announced it yet doesn't mean they haven't been booked for months prior to the sell out.

Having said that, I don't see it being a band the size of QOTSA. 

At this point, any delays in announcements hold no beneficial value for the bands or the event. Only logical reason would be that it's not finalized. Either they're still trying to find a band or there's some sort of agreement/contractual issue with whoever they want.

On their Facebook page they responded saying they are still 'Working hard' for the announcement, I don't think its booked yet, they're most likely still negotiating. Would love it to be QOTSA or Gorillaz but I doubt it would be a band that big.

15 hours ago, missmental123 said:

I am praying that it could be Royal Blood still?

I would love that too, if they do play it would be the Saturday but they are pretty busy around that time and I cant see them doing 7 gigs in a row :(

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, gregory said:

+ George Ezra too :)

18119401_1324954344262088_8815946532100222200_n.jpg?oh=de0a553e013fd0c0497c9314334edb84&oe=598547C9

edit: Wolf Alice seem to have dropped from the lineup. 

Yep, Ezra replaces Wolf Alice. Album is not finished in time, so they decided to postpone shows.

Btw, MSP play in the spot originally meant for Jet, who cancelled only a few hours before planned announcement due to family circumstances.

They explain with complete openness about it on their website, which deserves nothing but respect if you ask me...

https://madcoolfestival.es/es/noticias-2/manic-street-preachers-gorge-ezra-cierran-el-cartel-de-mad-cool-2017.html

Edited by visdave34

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Yep, Ezra replaces Wolf Alice. Album is not finished in time, so they decided to postpone shows.

Btw, MSP play in the spot originally meant for Jet, who cancelled only a few hours before planned announcement due to family circumstances.

They explain with complete openness about it on their website, which deserves nothing but respect if you ask me...

https://madcoolfestival.es/es/noticias-2/manic-street-preachers-gorge-ezra-cierran-el-cartel-de-mad-cool-2017.html

I agree, was very impressed to see such honesty. Good for them. 

On 2017-4-29 at 8:22 AM, foolee said:

Received an email today from this email address pulseras@madcool.es about the shipping of my bracelet. Does anyone know if this email is legit as it went to my junk emails? 

This is part of the email I got from Ticketmaster on March 31. Seems like the email address is legit:

Only four months left for Mad Cool and the festival has already sold out all it´s 3 day passes, as well as the day tickets for July 6th. The Festival´s organization will start shipping bracelets on May.

All those who have purchased their tickets online via Ticketmaster or Mad Cool Festival website will receive the bracelets directly at their home address (or any other address specified when purchasing). The bracelet will allow you direct access to the festival, which will take place on July 6, 7 and 8th at the Caja Mágica in Madrid. They will be delivered by courier service.

Regarding this matter we have set up the email address pulseras@madcool.es  so we can receive all your inquiries regarding shipments. For those who have changed their shipping address in the last months or want to change it for any other reason, they can still do so until April 15. If this is your case, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.