Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

7 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Fake twit made with photoshop or paint, by one of the trolls from Azkena Forum (so fake as the link you posted yesterday). Gregory, you are bringing here lot of misinformation about this festival. That forum is about Azkena Festival, and lot of users are always creating high expectations with fake information when a Spanish festival is going to announce some bands in order to create a huge letdown after the annoucement. It's a funny place, with some great trolls, but if you want to get information about spanish festivals run away from there. And please, don't bring that fake info here. "International Festivals Forum" from Efestivals has been always a helpful place where local people try to help foreign people who are going to visit their countries for a festival. No need to be trolling here.

I'm not trolling here, this "misinformation" shows up on twitter and facebook too, so whether fake or not it doesn't solely exist on that forum. You posted in here about the Jimmy Eat World 'leak', and that turned out to be fake. You also single-handedly started "the Beach Slang self-confirmed" rumor. As I said yesterday, nothing is real until it's confirmed. :) 

What you think this forum is used for is your opinion, my opinion is most people enjoy discussing rumors and the like in the run-up. 

Edited by gregory

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and I are super excited to travel from the US to attend Mad Cool this year. Does anyone have any info/tips for attending? How difficult is it to get closer to the stage for the headlining acts outside? We didn't have the money to do VIP tickets but we're hoping we can get pretty close for at least the Foo Fighters. Any way we can pay for closer access when we're there? Just any help or info you guys can provide would be great! We've never been to a music festival outside of the US before.

Hello,

So I am one of those people that has eagerly been awaiting the announcements as has been keeping up to date with it here on this forum but am yet to actually post myself.

I'm going MAD COOL and just wondered if anyone else is going MAD COOL either from the UK or on their own too.

Whenever they get asked on FB or twitter the reply is they will tell us the last act as soon as they can.

Could it be they are still in discussions with the act or contractually obliged to wait until another festival the act is playing at sells x amount of tickets?

Looking forward to visiting Madrid for the festival, got a few days either side of the festival to pig out on Estrella and Tapas and get burnt.

17 weeks or so to go....

I'm still wondering what happened with the last act that is still TBA, it has been over 2 weeks now. I think the only two reasons could be that it is an act that has not announced their European tour yet and is holding back the announcement. Other reason could be that it is an act that changed their touring plans such as Jimmy Eat World that is now touring in the US in July and they will have to find a replacement for that. 

On twitter they are answering people that they will announce as soon as they can which could imply that they can't announce yet due to contractual reasons. 

Edited by Finge

7 hours ago, sikhandar said:

I guess that for big acts you have to work hard to get in the first rows.

Remember also to cover your head as July is around 30+ centigrade in Madrid.Plenty of Estrella de galicia or mahou to drink as well.

Love a nice cold Estrella. 

How much on average do you pay for a pint in bars in central Madrid? Can you recommend any bars/restaurants around the top end of Parque de el retiro? Our hotel is near there.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, gregory said:
    23 hours ago, stubbs said:

Been quiet for a while.

Anyone got any more rumours on the last act?

The Who 21:35 - 23:05
  • The Prodigy 00:40 - 02:10
  • Neil Young 21:15 - 23:20

:)

See you in the crowd!

Yeah very excited! Love European festivals!

Can't wait for the last announcement, 113 days to go!!

1 hour ago, stubbs said:

See they day tickets are nearing sold out. When do you think they'll be announcing this last act?

I don't know dude, the closer they get to selling out they less pressure they have to deliver something good. Whenever they are asked on social media they just reply 'soon'. 

They just adjusted the Line Up poster. It doesn't look like the bands have changed, they just shifted the Lumineers down a line on the Thursday July 6th Lineup. That would seem like a sort of demotion to me as if they're no longer a sub-headliner.

My guess would be that the final announcement is adding a band to that Thursday lineup and we'll see a big name being added to the sub-headliners below the Foo Fighters. Essentially replacing the Lumineers as a sub-headliner.

17458014_1282024291888427_380697654327000202_n.jpg

4 hours ago, Kyle07 said:

They just adjusted the Line Up poster. It doesn't look like the bands have changed, they just shifted the Lumineers down a line on the Thursday July 6th Lineup. That would seem like a sort of demotion to me as if they're no longer a sub-headliner.

My guess would be that the final announcement is adding a band to that Thursday lineup and we'll see a big name being added to the sub-headliners below the Foo Fighters. Essentially replacing the Lumineers as a sub-headliner.

17458014_1282024291888427_380697654327000202_n.jpg

Poster looks the same as 5 weeks ago to me, with Lumineers in the same spot as now. 

On 3/22/2017 at 9:29 PM, gregory said:

Poster looks the same as 5 weeks ago to me, with Lumineers in the same spot as now. 

Apparently, we've got multiple posters flying around Haha....not that it really means anything. Just trying to guess where they're adding the final band and hoping it's a really big name.

slider_13_dic.jpg