Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully final 4 bands will be much better than today's terrible announcement. Anyway i got Foos, dinosaur Jr, Ryan Adams, Wolf Alice, Spoon, KOL, Rancid, Deap Vally, Green Day, Warpaint, Kurt Vile, Xavier Rudd. That's enough to make me happy. 

1 minute ago, pete76 said:

hopefully final 4 bands will be much better than today's terrible announcement. Anyway i got Foos, dinosaur Jr, Ryan Adams, Wolf Alice, Spoon, KOL, Rancid, Deap Vally, Green Day, Warpaint, Kurt Vile, Xavier Rudd. That's enough to make me happy. 

Yeah this announcement is not my cup of tea at all, apart from Foals who I'll see at FIB the week after anyway. Oh well, time to investigate some new music :) How many non-Spanish bands were added today? I can't tell the difference. Is UNKLE in small writing the British duo or someone else with the same name?

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Yeah this announcement is not my cup of tea at all, apart from Foals who I'll see at FIB the week after anyway. Oh well, time to investigate some new music :) How many non-Spanish bands were added today? I can't tell the difference. Is UNKLE in small writing the British duo or someone else with the same name?

Trip Hop

I'm guessing 1 of the 4 could be Jimmy eat world, who seem to have been mentioned a few times?

Just been looking to see who is at Nos who could be playing, or could we get someone from the new festival in Glasgow thats T's replacement. Would like to see Biffy come back and play, though i doubt they'd book them 2 years in a row.

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

Dunno, i was hoping WAS were we are scientists, but i dont think it is, and google brings up nowt for WAS.

As we all like a moan; so despite raising ticket prices, and extending the opening hours to 6am this year, there'll only be 63 bands on the lineup, and 10 of them are winners of a local talent competition. :/ A bit of a cop out for a 5-stage, 3-day festival. 

Edited by gregory

Quite surprised they announced Foals since they are quite a big name at Benicassim already. Why not also grab The xx and Royal Blood since they started stealing acts from other Spanish festivals :lol:.

Can't say I'm really disappointed with the new additions, but I guess we all hoped to have a few more big names after we discussed the bands that are touring. The fact that they are holding back 4 names for 20th Feb makes me positive. If it were just some filler acts or Spanish bands they could have announced them today already so I assume/hope it will be a couple of international bangers to generate attention and boost the ticket sales for the last time.

7 hours ago, gregory said:

As we all like a moan; so despite raising ticket prices, and extending the opening hours to 6am this year, there'll only be 63 bands on the lineup, and 10 of them are winners of a local talent competition. :/ A bit of a cop out for a 5-stage, 3-day festival. 

Well, the first edition always is a promotional one, I think festivals rarely are profitable on the first couple of editions. Obviously, they target the long run so it's normal to get yearly increases of prices and/or line ups shrink or quality downfall.

Cruilla's line-up. Festival in Barcelona, same weekend as MCF (sharing Ryan and Lumineers) and BBK (sharing Die Antwoord and 2DCC), wondering if they gonna share anything else? 3 good festivals in Spain during the same weekend.

16602766_728710873973394_8978807608445903066_n.jpg

40 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Cruilla's line-up. Festival in Barcelona, same weekend as MCF (sharing Ryan and Lumineers) and BBK (sharing Die Antwoord and 2DCC), wondering if they gonna share anything else? 3 good festivals in Spain during the same weekend.

16602766_728710873973394_8978807608445903066_n.jpg

TDCC, Die Antwoord and The Prodigy were on Mad Cool last year, so they probably can be ruled out.

According to rumours there are Jimmy Eat World and Beach Slang among the last four bands, while the other two are complete mystery. 

I still hope for Royal Blood.

Edited by Mondo-kun

On 09/02/2017 at 1:09 PM, Mondo-kun said:

TDCC, Die Antwoord and The Prodigy were on Mad Cool last year, so they probably can be ruled out.

According to rumours there are Jimmy Eat World and Beach Slang among the last four bands, while the other two are complete mystery. 

I still hope for Royal Blood.

I'm hoping for Royal Blood and the Vaccines