Getting into campervan field before collecting coach ticket

Aliandsas

After missing out on tickets for the last few years and having to work to get in instead, we went for coach tickets instead and have got lucky! However, ideally I'd still like to take our caravan. Does anyone know whether it would be possible for me to buy a campervan/caravan pass and get into the fields to pitch up the van on the Tuesday without having my actual festival ticket (as I won't get it until I'm on the bus on Wednesday)? I would then get a lift or train back home and come back down on the bus the following day. I know it sounds a bit of a faff but it would still work out cheaper and more comfortable than Worthy View! Has anyone else ever done this?

In theory you need an entrance ticket to enter the CV fields.

I say "in theory" because they weren't doing the ticket checks this year, but that was probably because everything fell to shit because of the traffic chaos. Every other year the checks have been stringent.

You might, perhaps, be allowed thru with proof of having a coach ticket, but you might not either.

9 hours ago, Aliandsas said:

After missing out on tickets for the last few years and having to work to get in instead, we went for coach tickets instead and have got lucky! However, ideally I'd still like to take our caravan. Does anyone know whether it would be possible for me to buy a campervan/caravan pass and get into the fields to pitch up the van on the Tuesday without having my actual festival ticket (as I won't get it until I'm on the bus on Wednesday)? I would then get a lift or train back home and come back down on the bus the following day. I know it sounds a bit of a faff but it would still work out cheaper and more comfortable than Worthy View! Has anyone else ever done this?

You won't be able to buy a campervan pass as you have coach tickets. The only way around this is to get friends (with general admission tickets) to get one and travel in with them as the campervan tickets now have photo ID on them. This is what we had to do this year, I had a campervan ticket, in someone elses name way before I won tickets via efestivals.  We met up with on Monday PM at  nearby caravan site and convoyed in together the next day. :D 

Edited by StoneCircle

21 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Is that definitely right? I'm getting the coach but as I am arriving on the Thursday was hoping to arrange a pre-delivered caravan, for which I've been told I need to buy a camper van ticket for. Seems a bit restrictive?

I believe it is right.  By having a coach ticket, you are deemed to be travelling down that way and then using a tent.  I think when you try to buy a CV ticket later this month, it will say that your registration/ticket isn't correct for buying the CV ticket.  Your only option is to get another ticket holder from this Sunday to buy the CV ticket for you.  You won't be able to buy a ticket on Sunday with your registration number now.  There seem to be arrangements for pre-installed caravans and allowing supplier access, but I don't know the details.

Last year there was a shuttle from Gate A to WV. If you're prepared to wait for it...Was two hours wait each way! They did say you could go in Gate A with your ticket, walk through the site and enter worthy view that way where they'd switch your wristband. Just make sure you have all your booking info for your tent.

It would be a pretty epic walk though, I didn't do it but they said it would be about two hours with a killer hill at the end. Would be tough with your gear, possible but not ideal.

On 10/7/2016 at 5:51 PM, bucko said:

Its a long shot but if a friend could get your cv ticket could it be possible for youself to become the hire company and drop the van off on monday.

I'm unsure if they only allow certain caravan hire companys access.

Anyone can arrange to drop off a caravan or campervan, there is a form to fill in first and they use these details to update a list for the stewards. There are only certain days that you can make the delivery and its certainly not as late as the Monday before the festival, from memory, i think the last possible day is the Saturday before. When we did it we have to take it on the 18th June (2015), its also limited to only the east site where pre-delivery is possible. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:36 AM, The other Bellboy said:

Anyone can arrange to drop off a caravan or campervan, there is a form to fill in first and they use these details to update a list for the stewards. There are only certain days that you can make the delivery and its certainly not as late as the Monday before the festival, from memory, i think the last possible day is the Saturday before. When we did it we have to take it on the 18th June (2015), its also limited to only the east site where pre-delivery is possible. 

And they need a copy of the campervan pass, as that's what the hire firms always ask for.

On 10/11/2016 at 3:36 AM, The other Bellboy said:

They can but looks like the festival are cracking down on this, pre - delivered hired vehicles can only be dropped off at Bath & West. From GFL website "Please note, if you hire a campervan to be delivered to the site, it can only be delivered to the Bath & West campervan fields (not East or West)."

4 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

They can but looks like the festival are cracking down on this, pre - delivered hired vehicles can only be dropped off at Bath & West. From GFL website "Please note, if you hire a campervan to be delivered to the site, it can only be delivered to the Bath & West campervan fields (not East or West)."

We've previously hired pre pitched caravans before, so am I reading that right, they would now have to be pitched in bath and West instead of CV east? We haven't got tickets this year, but we've always had to book the pre pitched caravans either before or literally on the Sunday after getting tickets, I'd be pretty pissed off if we'd done that this year and then found out now it had to be pitched at bath and west. Nothing against bath and west, and it sounds like a lot of people actually enjoyed it there but I personally wouldn't want to be shunted off site like that without it being my own choice.

19 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We've previously hired pre pitched caravans before, so am I reading that right, they would now have to be pitched in bath and West instead of CV east? We haven't got tickets this year, but we've always had to book the pre pitched caravans either before or literally on the Sunday after getting tickets, I'd be pretty pissed off if we'd done that this year and then found out now it had to be pitched at bath and west. Nothing against bath and west, and it sounds like a lot of people actually enjoyed it there but I personally wouldn't want to be shunted off site like that without it being my own choice.

Yes all pre-delivered live in vehicles will have to be pitched in B&W + any needing a double pitch. I too would be pissed off had I hired one already. Thankfully we have our own caravan! 

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, StoneCircle said:

Yes all pre-delivered live in vehicles will have to be pitched in B&W + any needing a double pitch. I too would be pissed off had I hired one already. Thankfully we have our own caravan! 

Quite a change isn't it, especially if it means those folks need to buy a pass for B&W instead of East, as appears to be the case to me?

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Quite a change isn't it, especially if it means those folks need to buy a pass for B&W instead of East, as appears to be the case to me?

Its a massive change and perhaps needed a bigger announcement. Yes, anyone with a live in vehicle longer than 8 metres or anyone hiring any size of live in vehicle to be pre-delivered will need a B&W showground pass. 

Hope people find this out in good time!