white screen in the que

Respectfatfrog

HI Guys

last night when in the queue occasionally when refreshing it came up with a white screen then nothing. Did anyone else have this?

not sure if this was me getting to the next paige but it just stayed white and nothing was loading wasn't sure weather to refresh or press back but any advice would be great.

thanks in advance

Edited by Respectfatfrog
spelling like a idiot

2 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

HI Guys

last night when in the queue occasionally when refreshing it came up with a white screen then nothing. Did anyone else have this?

not sure if this was me getting to the next paige but it just stayed white and nothing was loading wasn't sure weather to refresh or press back but any advice would be great.

thanks in advance

what platform were you using? I used Google chrome and each F5 just refreshed the page, no white screen. On Safari on my phone there was a white screen at times with no loading and I just had to press refresh each time. Saying that I managed to get through and get tickets using Chrome on a 300mb internet and no luck on 4G on my iPhone. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I got it once yesterday. It returned to normal with the next F5 refresh.

I suggest that if anyone gets it several times on the trot, they should close down their browser and restart it, and try again. It might be the browser locking you out rather than anything else.

thank you

(Long time reader, first time poster)

In yesterday evenings sale I got the blank white screen every step of the way - after the Registration info page, after the coach departure selection page and again several times after inputting bank details. Kept using the back button rather than F5 to take me back to the previous page and then trying again. Did slow me down a lot but got tickets at about 6:10 after getting onto registration page at 6:01! Didn't want to close the browser incase we didn't get through again. 

Edited by dazzledrop

3 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

was using Microsoft edge will not make this mistake again.

is there any preference for what browser to use fire fox etc?? 

Not really, I usually go with both Chrome and Firefox for different sessions, I used IE on my work laptop but gave up after too many white screens!

8 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

was using Microsoft edge will not make this mistake again.

is there any preference for what browser to use fire fox etc?? 

I dropped IE from my laptop before the sale even started as it was running like an asthmatic fat lad.  Generally find Chrome and Firefox more reliable, and Chrome on the phone got me through.

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You get tickets? 

nope, was trying for mates and not me, but I didn't have any luck, tho the missus got thru.

Rather annoyingly our group failed to get the 3rd batch of coach tickets we were after, which means on Sunday we can't get what we need in one 6-person transaction, making it more difficult. :(

Between us tho we did get thru twice yesterday - which is better than in recent years - so fingers crossed we can repeat that on Sunday.

Its supposed to happen less if indeed they still use the sophisticated session manager that was described a few years ago. This offloads those who have a purchasing transaction to a quieter server(s) so that it can proceed without competing with the people still trying to get a bite. Sometimes even this gets busy however (if they don't resource it quite right), and sluggish responses can occur. Its largely there to benefit See so that they are fewer partially completed transactions that they have to deal with sorting out post-sale, and for the customer is should allow them to complete their transaction without it timing out and shoving them back to the front door.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Out of curiosity - did anyone get to put their details in, press proceed and get booted out? I know this has happened in the past. It happened to my mates in 2015 before I got the tickets.

yep, happened to me yesterday.

It didn't actually boot me back to the main refresh page, tho the page I was seeing was identical. When I was pressing F5, because it was a resubmission of a web-form, it was prompting me if I really wanted to resubmit the data I'd entered.

As that happened on only one of the devices I was using I decided to stick with it in the hope that I might get thru to the next page, but i never did. I abandoned that page once Wednesday tickets had sold out, because it was an attempt to buy Wednesday tickets.

I've no idea if it might have worked.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Never had blank white screen, but occasionally went white with the "unable to load page" text.

And that was across IE through my Xbox, and both Chrome and Firefox on laptop

On your... Xbox? Please tell me you have a keyboard cos I'm getting the chills just imagining trying to put all my details in with a controller in time.

20 minutes ago, Room to sway said:

On your... Xbox? Please tell me you have a keyboard cos I'm getting the chills just imagining trying to put all my details in with a controller in time.

Controller only - it was very much my nuclear option.  F5'ing on laptops and refreshing phone, but had it running on auto-refresh in the background.  Make no mistake, I was absolutely bricking myself that the booking screen was going to pop up on that TV!

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Out of curiosity - did anyone get to put their details in, press proceed and get booted out? I know this has happened in the past. It happened to my mates in 2015 before I got the tickets.

Happened to me too, Fuzz, at 30 seconds to 6pm, I swear!

Couldn't believe I was in, carefully but swiftly copy-pasted the two sets of details and proceeded.

Nada!

Though I was going to be the hero before it had even kicked off properly!

I was wrong...

Ben

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Controller only - it was very much my nuclear option.  F5'ing on laptops and refreshing phone, but had it running on auto-refresh in the background.  Make no mistake, I was absolutely bricking myself that the booking screen was going to pop up on that TV!

Absolutely mental. I love it.