I am an idiot... Coach ticket brought in error.

kabillion

I was very organised this week, and pulled together a shared spreadsheet for me and my friends to buy tickets. However, I left my wife on the spreadsheet and someone ended up buying her a coach ticket... However she has to get a standard ticket as she can't leave work till Friday afternoon so I was going to try for her on Sunday.

What are the chances of the coach driver giving me her ticket?

1 minute ago, kabillion said:

I was very organised this week, and pulled together a shared spreadsheet for me and my friends to buy tickets. However, I left my wife on the spreadsheet and someone ended up buying her a coach ticket... However she has to get a standard ticket as she can't leave work till Friday afternoon so I was going to try for her on Sunday.

What are the chances of the coach driver giving me her ticket?

Basically zero. Get the ticket cancelled ASAP, speak to See tomorrow and hopefully her registration will be active again for Sunday. 

Just now, THEBOILERMAN said:

Take your wifes passport as ID and drop the driver a score........ sorted :) 

I was going to say the same thing. Probably best to contact Seetickets first but be economical with the truth ie you wouldn't want them cancelling the ticket and not re-instating her registration. It's amazing what £20 can do. I've only ever done this sort of thing once but managed to get a flight upgrade as a result.

I'd be too worried about See not reinstating her reg in time for Sunday - I'd not want to risk losing it entirely.  I guess I'd probably wait it out til the New Year and see what my options are then.  Worst case is cancelling the coach one well in advance of the resale and trying for a general ticket then.  Which is the position you're in now except without as high a risk of a See snafu leaving her locked out.

That's my worry too. I've been to Glasto enough times, that I'm pretty sure I could get her ticket off the driver... 

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'd be too worried about See not reinstating her reg in time for Sunday - I'd not want to risk losing it entirely.  I guess I'd probably wait it out til the New Year and see what my options are then.  Worst case is cancelling the coach one well in advance of the resale and trying for a general ticket then.  Which is the position you're in now except without as high a risk of a See snafu leaving her locked out.

Many people must miss the coach.  Working round that may not be easy - depending on the mood of the driver on the day - it may involve much fear and fibbing and collecting from Gate A, but work-round-able it surely must be.  Those who sleep in/taxi is late/have the trots and are glued to the lavvy for the day etc etc can't ALL be left high and dry.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

You are better off emailing GFL/See and explaining, seeing if you can exchange for a general ticket and allow her coach reservation to go back into the pot for the coach resale.

they wont do that and if they did we would ALL be trying for tickets and getting them exchanged lol

id go with the take id bung the bloke a score ......doesnt bother the driver whos tix it is does it ??

she CAN just rock up to the office on fri and they will have your wifes ticket  there ......even better old son

I've had the same experience as helsbels when I've Gone on the coach - tickets have just been handed out by the driver to whoever claims them. I really don't see this being an issue. Even if the coach driver doesn't let you have her ticket, she'll be able to collect it from the box office.

I really wouldn't recommend cancelling it.

Edited by Vacant0

You're not an idiot.  You've completely mitigated the risk of your wife not getting a ticket on Sunday, for the small price premium of a coach ticket she won't use.

Unless things have changed since I last got a coach in 13/14, they just give all the tickets to the lead booker.  The drivers couldn't really care less.  One year, I was the only one of 4 who got the coach, the others drove down and I met them later with their tickets.   You're all good I reckon.

Edited by Janaka

4 hours ago, Janaka said:

You're not an idiot.  You've completely mitigated the risk of your wife not getting a ticket on Sunday, for the small price premium of a coach ticket she won't use.

Unless things have changed since I last got a coach in 13/14, they just give all the tickets to the lead booker.  The drivers couldn't really care less.  One year, I was the only one of 4 who got the coach, the others drove down and I met them later with their tickets.   You're all good I reckon.

That's my thoughts too. My wife is just getting stressed as there is always the worry that I could get a jobs-worth driver that won't hand out the ticket. However, I've never heard anyone say that the ticket office have refused to hand over a ticket for someone that has missed their coach. Seems like we are covered. 

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

they wont do that and if they did we would ALL be trying for tickets and getting them exchanged lol

id go with the take id bung the bloke a score ......doesnt bother the driver whos tix it is does it ??

she CAN just rock up to the office on fri and they will have your wifes ticket  there ......even better old son

I assume the ticket office is open 24/7? She won't get to the site till about 1900 at best.

15 minutes ago, kabillion said:

as there is always the worry that I could get a jobs-worth driver that won't hand out the ticket.

I reckon that you'd have to be fantastically unlucky to meet one of them. From what I can gather coach drivers aren't paid a whole load of money, so really can't see one of them turning down a £20 to hand you the ticket. It's almost inconceivable. An old coke dealer of mine (don't touch the stuff nowadays) used to drive a coach and told me of the hardships of coach drivers. He was laughing though as he was raking it in on the coke deals. I asked him why he bothered to drive a coach thinking that it must be some sort of mental need to have an official disguise (eg that he was seen to be paying his taxes and not skanking the system). Turns out that he really just liked driving coaches.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Who is the lead booker? In my experience the driver has given all tickets to them I think. Can't rely on that I guess though. 

Lead booker is a friend, and all 5 of us will be on the coach. I'm not going to cancel her ticket as I don't trust the system to unblock her reg number. 

Risk of not getting a ticket from the driver, or being able to pick up from gate A seems low. However, impact is high!

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I reckon that you'd have to be fantastically unlucky to meet one of them. From what I can gather coach drivers aren't paid a whole load of money, so really can't see one of them turning down a £20 to hand you the ticket. It's almost inconceivable. An old coke dealer of mine (don't touch the stuff nowadays) used to drive a coach and told me of the hardships of coach drivers. He was laughing though as he was raking it in on the coke deals. I asked him why he bothered to drive a coach thinking that it must be some sort of mental need to have an official disguise (eg that he was seen to be paying his taxes and not skanking the system). Turns out that he really just liked driving coaches.

Brilliant!! :D:D

I can't remember perfectly, but I thought all the tickets were in one envelope for the lead booker? I definitely remember handing out the tickets to my friends.

I wouldn't cancel the ticket, I would risk it on the day, I also wouldn't go straight for the bribe with the bus driver though, I genuinely don't think you'll need it, just go up with the piece of paper with everyone's names on and collect all the tickets. Worst case scenario, she has to queue at the box office at the site for hours, which sucks, but won't suck half as much as cancelling the ticket now and not getting one!