Coach sale poll - were you successful?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the coach sale?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the coach sale?

• Yes, I got through myself
    • Yes, someone in my group got through
    • No, hope for better luck on Sunday!

I did a couple of these polls last year, though didn't separate coach and regular sale then. Isn't great for assessing the actual chances since I would guess people generally do better on here. But is handy for comparing year on year with a similarish sample.

I didn't manage to get through - first time in nine years I haven't succeeded. Nervous for Sunday now! 

Last years' figures for reference (coach and standard sale combined):

October:

53% got through themselves

27% had someone else get through

20% were unsuccessful

April:

35% got through

17% had someone else get through

47% were unsuccessful

Will also be interesting to see whether coach sale or standard sale is easier - this poll combined with Sunday's will give at least a decent idea about that. 

Edited by arcade fireman

Got Wednesday returns from London. Didn't expect to get through at all honestly, as I failed in last year's coach sale (got them in the main sale). Not celebrating yet though, as still got friends to buy for on Sunday!

For what it's worth: after many years of ticket buying, having tried various combinations of add-ons/apps/tabs/devices, I have concluded that basic is the way forward. One tab manually refreshing on Chrome on the macbook, with iPad on wifi and iPhone on 4G for back up. Got tickets this way the past two years. (Yes, I know this is worth nothing, as everyone has their own sworn-by-tried-and-tested method). But I'll be trying this again on Sunday!

Got thru to the thurs London coaches on my phone, could select my required 2 tix from about a 1/4 of the list only to keep getting one of two red error boxes at the bottom of the page. One was deposits not available, the other warning me I'd chosen a package incompatible with one of the reg nos (I was chasing the one-wayers mostly). Probs just their weird way of saying sold out but bloody annoying. 

Edited by Mandroman

Got 4 Wednesday single London tickets. Did get through for the return tickets originally, but payment page failed to load a few times, so had to try the single instead.

Works out great for me though, don't have to get a stupidly early coach back on the Monday, as I can book a later National Express return coach.

A mate of mine got my tickets -he's not even trying for himself until Sunday so I owe him big time! Will obviously try to return the favour. I got the holding page at least but was getting nowhere (I don't think it had a countdown bit was refreshing every time it arrived so barely looked) and had pretty much given up hope when he texted. After missing out last year and resigning myself pretty much to failure I'm delighted! I still don't think it's sunk in. 

Only downside is my return is a 4 am to London - anyone want it? I think we'll book a NX...

I had no luck getting Wednesday tickets, managed to get straight through to Thursday though. 

A bit of a shame as I really enjoy heading up the hill on the Wednesday night, but at this point I'm just happy to know I'm going and that I don't have to worry about a ticket for myself on Sunday (I will be trying for my friends).

10 hours ago, Mandroman said:

Got thru to the thurs London coaches on my phone, could select my required 2 tix from about a 1/4 of the list only to keep getting one of two red error boxes at the bottom of the page. One was deposits not available, the other warning me I'd chosen a package incompatible with one of the reg nos (I was chasing the one-wayers mostly). Probs just their weird way of saying sold out but bloody annoying. 

Who has time to read the red box?!

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Glad you got them this year @Zoo Music Girl.  But there's no way I'm taking that 4am return off your hands!!! What time are you departing London?

For all the faffing about with laptops and LAN cables and multiple browsers I go through on my bloody phone.  Didn't have 4G signal last night!

Cheers Quark! Glad you were successful too. Believe my mate got ours on his phone too. I had mine going but to no avail - that refreshed slower than work mac. 

We're departing at 9am so delighted with that. Just looking at it as a slightly pricey single ;)

What are your times? London? 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers Quark! Glad you were successful too. Believe my mate got ours on his phone too. I had mine going but to no avail - that refreshed slower than work mac. 

We're departing at 9am so delighted with that. Just looking at it as a slightly pricey single ;)

What are your times? London? 

Yep, but on the 10am.  9am had gone by the time I got through otherwise that would have been my preference.

Think @Untz and @somecoolusername are on the 2pm out of London as well.

images.jpg

I had 2 laptops on wifi, one wired desktop, a phone and tablet on 4g and another laptop with VPN through to my office. Not a sniff. However, in a group of 6 and one of the others got in inside 4 mins and got London returns for us all. Delighted, frankly. Now onwards to Sunday and more assistance for the drivers..

I managed to get through for Wednesday but by the time I went to select my times SeeTickets had announced they sold out so I desperately went for whichever London Thursday I could get, managed with 2 06:00 tickets, thanking my lucky stars. Good luck for sunday everyone xxx 

Got through to the page where you put reg numbers in but it sold out as were were inputting details.  Gutted.

There is a total of 11 in our group.  5 wanted coach tickets so had we got them that would have meant only 1 person would have to get through on Sunday.  Hoping and praying 2 of the group manage to get through to the booking page now.

Still got 3 chances.

7 minutes ago, DrWackadoodle said:

Got a sniff, manged to enter our reg details.  When presented with the choice of buses though none of them were selectable...like the drop down boxes only had '0'. talk about coming close...!! Ah well, there's always Sunday.

I had that last year - such a shitter! Good luck Sunday :)