Louis Walsh - thoughts?

Yoghurt on a Stick

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He's annoying but probably harmless. There are worse people in the world. 

That there are far worse people in the world I would agree, but would not do so on the claim that he is probably harmless. His imbecility alone deeply affects people's lives. He's, to my mind only, perceived latent perversion, is just scandelous. I welcome any shit he or SC can throw at me.

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

Cowell is worse. I would force him to listen to Radiohead for hours on end. Then when he could take no more, I would put Joy Division on. 

I'm afraid that I would have to disagree. Simon Cowell has access to a brain, which is not something that can be said of Louis Walsh, in my opinion.

In the clear light of day, and having now taken my medication, I thought it best to delete that last part - for all concerned.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm afraid that I would have to disagree. Simon Cowell has access to a brain, which is not something that can be said of Louis Walsh, in my opinion.

In the clear light of day, and having now taken my medication, I thought it best to delete that last part - for all concerned.

Well forcing Cowell to listen to Joy Division would be even worse for him if he has a brain, as he could actually comprehend what was being sung :-)

On 02/10/2016 at 9:21 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What's Louis Walsh done to upset you Yog? You need me to giving him a hiding for you?

I should be ashamed to say, but I'm not, that I watch the X Factor. I know that on a forum such as this that's like saying that Hitler wasn't so bad, just a little misunderstood. However, I can't help it. I don't mind the car crash early episodes where they wheel on a load of delusional people, because it somehow makes me feel better about my own delusions. Then, when they get to the stages where people with rather good singing voices are coached to make them even better then it's more interesting.

And there, sat in the middle of all this spectacular, is the mind bendingly imbecilic (in my opinion) Loise Walsh. He dribbles responses which are moronic at best, but damagaing to the X factor hopefuls at worst.

Actually, scrap all that - I think that he resembles what will become of me in the future - and I don't like the trajectory or final destination.

No need to give him a hiding as there is no sense left there to give a hiding to.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That there are far worse people in the world I would agree, but would not do so on the claim that he is probably harmless. His imbecility alone deeply affects people's lives. He's, to my mind only, perceived latent perversion, is just scandelous. I welcome any shit he or SC can throw at me.

I caught a bit if X Factor over the weekend, my husband watches it, and he made some observations on who he puts through. And the pattern of them.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Exactly. To the detriment of others who have greater talent, in my opinion.

I agree, One of the things I was thinking is that he's playing around with people's lives. For dubious reasons.

Edited by feral chile

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

I agree, One of the things I was thinking is that he's playing around with people's lives. For dubious reasons.

Not a programme I have watched for some time (since I persuaded my children it was shite) but I fail to see in what way Louis is worse than any of the rest of them. They all pursue cheap laughs at the expense of vulnerable and gullible people. Maybe its changed a bit in the few years since I watched it but I'd imagine whatever Louis or the rest of them get up to will be part of the "character" they have decided he should play.  Good cop bad cop etc.

The reality is that there isn't very much reality in most "reality" shows.

Just my opinion of course.

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

Not a programme I have watched for some time (since I persuaded my children it was shite) but I fail to see in what way Louis is worse than any of the rest of them. They all pursue cheap laughs at the expense of vulnerable and gullible people. Maybe its changed a bit in the few years since I watched it but I'd imagine whatever Louis or the rest of them get up to will be part of the "character" they have decided he should play.  Good cop bad cop etc.

The reality is that there isn't very much reality in most "reality" shows.

Just my opinion of course.

I agree that whole sections of it are contrived but if you study the judges closely (well, in the initial stages anyway) then you see that they more often talk sense than not regarding a contestant. This, in my opinion, doesn't apply to LW as he just seems to dribble banal crap that means nothing from start to finish. I guess that maybe he is there to make the others look good, but I don't think they need that additional support.

I don't really watch much television and am normally at least a little discerning when I do. I do recognise that the X Factor is my achilles heal as far as watching quality tv goes. I really do like seeing the performers improve through proper training as the show progresses.

Anyway, I think I've devoted too much time to LW as it is, so will try to refrain from doing so.

24 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I agree that whole sections of it are contrived but if you study the judges closely (well, in the initial stages anyway) then you see that they more often talk sense than not regarding a contestant. This, in my opinion, doesn't apply to LW as he just seems to dribble banal crap that means nothing from start to finish. I guess that maybe he is there to make the others look good, but I don't think they need that additional support.

I don't really watch much television and am normally at least a little discerning when I do. I do recognise that the X Factor is my achilles heal as far as watching quality tv goes. I really do like seeing the performers improve through proper training as the show progresses.

Anyway, I think I've devoted too much time to LW as it is, so will try to refrain from doing so.

It's a very cynical programme. It's an entertainment show rather than a talent show. They'll put through people who can't sing because they're colourful characters or have a pretty face.

48 minutes ago, feral chile said:

It's a very cynical programme. It's an entertainment show rather than a talent show. They'll put through people who can't sing because they're colourful characters or have a pretty face.

True, but then comes along a Leona Lewis or Stacey Solomon whose voices are exquisite, in my opinion. If it weren't for the show they'd still be stuck in dead end jobs and I'd not have got to hear their voices - quid pro quo.

6 hours ago, feral chile said:

I was thinking more of the people who get rejected to keep the entertaining ones. They'll be forgotten by the public and I'm not sure how being associated with the show will affect them.

I know what you are saying. The thing is though, nobody has put a gun to their head and said queue up outside a venue for hours on end in the hope that you may get an audition. These people are doing it gladly. And the reason why they are doing it is because they all want fame and the trappings that goes with it. We have whole swathes of a new generation who would wet their pants with excitement at being a Z lister. Why people would want to be stared at all day and followed by tv crews and the paparazzi is beyond me. I couldn't think of anything more intrusive.