Glastonbury Advice

Suzie Hardwick

Hi,

Have never been to Glastonbury before and am looking forward to going next year! Before I book the tickets I just wanted to make sure that the following is ok. 

- I am planning to arrive and set up on the Wednesday, however my partner cannot get the time off work on Friday, so was thinking would it be ok for me to drive back to collect my partner on the Friday and then go back to Glastonbury later that day. I know that I will miss some acts but this seems to be our only option. 

Also, what will the travel be like on the Friday. Is it normally longer or shorter than Wednesday/Thursday?

I fully appreciate all advice on this.

many thanks,

suzie

5 hours ago, Suzie Hardwick said:

Hi,

Have never been to Glastonbury before and am looking forward to going next year! Before I book the tickets I just wanted to make sure that the following is ok. 

- I am planning to arrive and set up on the Wednesday, however my partner cannot get the time off work on Friday, so was thinking would it be ok for me to drive back to collect my partner on the Friday and then go back to Glastonbury later that day. I know that I will miss some acts but this seems to be our only option. 

Also, what will the travel be like on the Friday. Is it normally longer or shorter than Wednesday/Thursday?

many thanks,

suzie

You missed out crucial details like ' where you are picking the person up at ' so its impossible to work on a time frame because it could be minuets up to many hours.

In fact I cant even work out why you are bothering - why does the person not book a coach place ? as after all they don't need to carry anything .

without knowing how far you intend to travel its also impossible to predict when you would arrive back at Pilton.

lets say its a hour drive - so you leave at 4pm - should be easy to get out at that time and you arrive back at Pilton say 7pm - sure there will be traffic but as none of us can see in the future if there is no crashes - major fires etc etc it should not be all that busy - clearly you wont be able to park in the same spot - you may not even have access to the same field so you may have a long walk on your hands.

if I was you - I would tell your friend to book a coach.

11 hours ago, Suzie Hardwick said:

Hi,

many thanks,

suzie

You shouldn't have too much difficulty getting out and back in again with your car on the Friday, because nearly everyone will have arrived before then so traffic shouldn't be too bad.

However, if it were to be muddy again next year similar to last year then you might have difficulty getting out, as there's unlikely to be tractors around on the friday.

As glasto-worker has said, a coach is a better bet - and then you don't have to worry about staying sober to drive, either.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, eFestivals said:

You shouldn't have too much difficulty getting out and back in again with your car on the Friday, because nearly everyone will have arrived before then so traffic shouldn't be too bad.

However, if it were to be muddy again next year similar to last year then you might have difficulty getting out, as there's unlikely to be tractors around on the friday.

As glasto-worker has said, a coach is a better bet - and then you don't have to worry about staying sober to drive, either.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:12 PM, Pear_Cider said:

Forget the other stuff - this is reason enough! ;-)

a very good point - I don't drink much myself all I know is ' its hassle enough to get parked ' and certainly whenever I had transported stuff down and was meeting people on a later day there was no bloody way would I have driven out to pick them up - we managed it ' even although this is before mobile phones ' picking a spot I knew would be quiet and within a certain time scale - ' we would meet up ' - dead easy these days - I would only ever agree to pick someone up if there was a medical issue.