Glastonbury Advice

Suzie Hardwick

Hi,

Have never been to Glastonbury before and am looking forward to going next year! Before I book the tickets I just wanted to make sure that the following is ok. 

- I am planning to arrive and set up on the Wednesday, however my partner cannot get the time off work on Friday, so was thinking would it be ok for me to drive back to collect my partner on the Friday and then go back to Glastonbury later that day. I know that I will miss some acts but this seems to be our only option. 

Also, what will the travel be like on the Friday. Is it normally longer or shorter than Wednesday/Thursday?

I fully appreciate all advice on this.

many thanks,

suzie

Wednesday morning is the busiest time for entry with 50% of people on site by noon. There's always people in the same position as your partner who will arrive on Friday evening but it's nothing like Wednesday morning. I arrived on Thursday afternoon in 2009 and although it wasn't a completely unhampered drive in (thanks in part to road works in the area) the traffic was nothing like you'd expect on the Wednesday. I'd expect Friday to be the same sort of deal.

Just remember that you'll lose your parking spot and most likely find yourself in a car park further away from the entrance when you return on Friday.

How far do you have to travel to collect him?  Couldn't he make his own way by public transport?

p.s. you realise that you can't just "book" tickets for Glastonbury.? You have to worry and fret and F5 like crazy?  And that even though you may be "looking forward" to it, you may not get them?