Kraftwerk 2017?

aidenlangan95

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm thinking they'd be a better fit for Silver Hayes, a bit like they had Leftfield this year and something similar last year.

I wouldn't really think of a stage that would suit them in Silver Hayes, they played the King Tuts tent at TITP a few years back, while there was nobody there, the stage set up is pretty big for 4 guys standing at keys. John Peel/West Holts I would have thought, I don't think they'd be too popular though 

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm thinking they'd be a better fit for Silver Hayes, a bit like they had Leftfield this year and something similar last year.

Nah.  Other, W Holts or nothing.  If I had any hats left uneaten from statements like this I'd eat one of them.

Surely Kraftwerk are a much bigger name than Leftfield.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nah.  Other, W Holts or nothing.  If I had any hats left uneaten from statements like this I'd eat one of them.

Surely Kraftwerk are a much bigger name than Leftfield.

in standard terms I'd say Kraftwerk are a far smaller draw, tho I'm happy to agree it doesn't necessarily work that way at Glasto.

And I agree that they could be on WH or Other, but Silver Hayes is what I'm feeling for it.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Way too small a stage anything less than WH in my opinion. 

Another case of "I like this band so everyone else will" like LCD last year? :P

They've just announced a UK tour, of decent-sized halls but just halls. While I wouldn't claim that headlining WH was beyond them, other options aren't below them either.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Another case of "I like this band so everyone else will" like LCD last year? :P

They've just announced a UK tour, of decent-sized halls but just halls. While I wouldn't claim that headlining WH was beyond them, other options aren't below them either.

can't see them going lower than JP. i'm not a mega fan by any means but i know they're still a huge act in their genre and will pull a pretty decent crowd. them doing something like Silver would be truly bizarre. they're a bigger act to Glastonbury than to TITP and they played the third biggest stage there (obviously not a great measure but surely bigger than something like Silver Hayes and more in line with JP)

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

can't see them going lower than JP. i'm not a mega fan by any means but i know they're still a huge act in their genre and will pull a pretty decent crowd. them doing something like Silver would be truly bizarre. they're a bigger act to Glastonbury than to TITP and they played the third biggest stage there (obviously not a great measure but surely bigger than something like Silver Hayes and more in line with JP)

hey, you never know, I could be talking out of my wotsit. Someone laughed in my face at me posting about a year ago that Underworld could play in the Glade depending on who was elsewhere at the time. :D

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hey, you never know, I could be talking out of my wotsit. Someone laughed in my face at me posting about a year ago that Underworld could play in the Glade depending on who was elsewhere at the time. :D

Not the most ridiculous thing you've ever suggested.

*cough* Emeli Sandé *cough*

:D

Edited by stuartbert two hats

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!

Definitely West Holts headliner, can't see them anywhere else. Only problem would be a clash with either Radiohead or Roses (booking them against DP would be odd).

I find myself in the strange situation of hoping Sheeran does headline one night just so Kraftwerk can play against him.

Haha yeah I'm similar. I'm desperate for Radiohead and Daft Punk to be there by I'm happy for the third to be Sheeran instead of the Roses as long as someone like Nine Inch Nails or Justice are up against him. I'd still skip seeing the Roses but I'd feel like I was missing out a bit - no such worries with Sheeran.

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Haha yeah I'm similar. I'm desperate for Radiohead and Daft Punk to be there by I'm happy for the third to be Sheeran instead of the Roses as long as someone like Nine Inch Nails or Justice are up against him. I'd still skip seeing the Roses but I'd feel like I was missing out a bit - no such worries with Sheeran.

yeah same boat as you. Sheeran would be a blessing in disguise if something like NIN/Justice/Kraftwerk are stuck up against him, although with at least two of those acts already seeming quite likely to have been booked for a stage headline appearance i feel the clashes building up already

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I find myself in the strange situation of hoping Sheeran does headline one night just so Kraftwerk can play against him.

Their last tour night is the Thursday so seems reasonable for them to play Saturday which is probably Sheeran night.

Sheeran/Kraftwerk clash CONFIRMED.