HOW TO PERFORM AT GLASTONBURY

Nalakuvara

Hi Everyone,

I'm a assistant of a foreign band and really want to bring them to perform at the Glastonbury, but don't know how and which stage should apply for, Therefore want to ask here first, to seek some helps form you guys.

This band has been form more than 10 years, have overseas tours experiences and played with the Sonic Youth twice and performed at SXSW before. Their music is Indie; Noise; Alternative; Experimental Rock.

I don't know if it is qualified, just really want to know which stage suitable for them and how to apply.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!

Edited by eFestivals

23 hours ago, Skoo said:

This forum is so nice. 

"The glastonbury" is enough ammo to get ripped apart on some others I frequent!

Not complaining, just made me smile :)

20 hours ago, Woffy said:

This gives the perennial 'do you call it 'Glasto'?' debate a new angle. 

The Glastonbury. 

HAHA what is the correct way to say that?

26 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

"Really want to bring them to perform at Glastonbury." No "the" required as Glastonbury is a town.

You would say "bring them to perform at the festival" though as festival isn't a proper noun. 

If you said "to perform at Glastonbury festival" it would be better than "perform at the Glastonbury festival" (in my mind - although the second is probably more grammatically correct) but either are ok as "glastonbury" here is an adjective as well as being the name of the town. 

English - dead easy and always makes sense :)

To my ears "bring them to perform at the Glastonbury festival" sounds better than "bring them to perform at Glastonbury festival"

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

"Really want to bring them to perform at Glastonbury." No "the" required as Glastonbury is a town.

You would say "bring them to perform at the festival" though as festival isn't a proper noun. 

If you said "to perform at Glastonbury festival" it would be better than "perform at the Glastonbury festival" (in my mind - although the second is probably more grammatically correct) but either are ok as "glastonbury" here is an adjective as well as being the name of the town. 

English - dead easy and always makes sense :)

45 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To my ears "bring them to perform at the Glastonbury festival" sounds better than "bring them to perform at Glastonbury festival"

oh right!!!! just realized that!!!!!!!!!

that is such silly mistake, it there any chance to edit my topic:sorry:

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think @eFestivals or @5co77ie might be able to do it.  Don't worry thought, we knew what you meant :)

I can and I have. :)

That's actually the first time I've managed to work out how to change a topic title since the big upgrade a year ago. There was a topic a few months ago that someone wanted me to change the title of and i couldn't work out how - tho it dawned on me several weeks later that it might work via the way I've just tried. 

6 minutes ago, Nalakuvara said:

Anyway, How to arrange a performance at the festival?

Do you guys know how, or what should i  do then?

Essentially...

If you have a recognised agent, they should know the right person to approach.

If you don't have a recognised agent, then it's probably the case that the Emerging Talent Competition that someone linked to above is your best route.

Outside of those, there's a few of the smaller stage organisers listed at the bottom of this page:-
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/emerging-talent-competition-performing/

Or if you want to put the work in, you could try contacting some of the other stages/areas via their own websites/facebook/twitter. Each stage is run within its own little empire with its own bookers and (always much too small) budgets so you might get lucky with that route.

6 minutes ago, Nalakuvara said:

Anyway, How to arrange a performance at the festival?

Do you guys know how, or what should i  do then?

Glastonbury is a fairly decentralised organisation, with lots of different areas, so it's not possible to send a demo to a single place and be considered for all the stages. You're in an odd position since you're not an unsigned band, but are nevertheless fariyl unknown in the UK. This link should help with some of them:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact/performing-and-exhibiting/

Although the links only lead to smaller stages, most of which aren't particularly suitable for your band.  Having said that,  Shangrii-La, one of the late night areas (that contains multiple stages) might be able to find a slot for White+

One of the areas is called Avalon and they have a website at http://fieldofavalon.co.uk/.  From what I can see, it might be worth sending sample material to info@fieldofavalon.co.uk - they have several stages and might be able to find you a place to play.

Finally, you might get somewhere by trying the contact form to ask how to be put in touch with the bookers for the larger stages: 

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/contact-us/

For my ears, your band would probably be best placed on The Park Stage, although you may not have a high enough profile in the UK.  

@Scruffylovemonster will no doubt point out any errors in this post.

Good luck!