on my own

redler11

20 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In all serious though - come on guys a new poster is looking for advice - I'd love to do it on my own to experience it differently. There's a few on here done it and it's always positive reviews. Can't see Mrs scruff ever taking kindly to that suggestion though - especially as it was her who introduced me to it. 

Apologies redler11 - we were only having a bit of fun, which was never meant to be at your expense. I'd just like to make one slight correction to Scruffy's post above, in that we do know of one person who had a total freak out at the festival after going on his own. In that instance though I also think it was his first time at Glastonbury and he found it overwhelming. If you have been before then you already know what to expect so this shouldn't be an issue.

Must say, in all honestly, it all depends on what frame of mind you're in in the few weeks prior to the festival. A huge place like Glastonbury can be a surprisingly lonely place if you're feeling at all down about anything. Having said that, it's probably one of the best places to be if you are feeling slightly sad, what with all the good stuff around to soak up.

And of course if you're feeling great about life when you arrive then chances are you'll feel even better when you leave.

Either way, I say however you feel, go on your own and feel the vibe! Win, Win!

Edited by Cooter

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Excuse me but what did I do wrong now?

You big woffynomates. 

I'm assuming that Woffy thought you'd go for innuendo joke in his first sentence. I could be wrong though, in which case I fear that Woffy may have developed Tourette’s.

Fuck off you shower of bastards.

OMG, it's contagious! Only use your keyboards wearing latex rubber gloves.

The way that I like to,

I've been on my own twice and had a fabulous time.

1st one completely alone, 2nd one I joined a solo camping group on here.

I'd say it probably depends on the type of person you are. Are you happy with your own company or do you feel the need to be part of a group? It's not like you can't phone or text people back home.

I spoke to a few people while waiting for bands, shared drinks, laughs, hats... particularly at the Pyramid for some reason, maybe you just have to stand closer to people there.

Hooking up with a group of solo campers was great. Even if you don't spend much time with them, having a chat in the morning or when you go back to your tent is nice.

The big plus though is doing what you want, when you want without having to wait for, or think about, anyone else. It also encourages you to make more of an effort and get about the place. Great though it is, with mates it's too easy to stay in one place and just have a laugh. I saw many more bands on the occasions I've gone alone in comparison to when I haven't. 

So I'd say yes, definitely do it. But if you can, join a group and make an effort to get along to the eFests meet in Wednesday evening. 

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Fuck me I can't believe I missed that! Must be slacking in my old age.  I honestly thought he just meant I'd make some comment on noone wanting to go to Glastonbury with it. 

*hangs head in shame*

Bloody hell, Scruff. I'm almost missing your hilarious putdownery, despite being the brunt of  a lot of it! Get back on your a-game! 

Shit's got all weird when Yog's the voice of sanity and reason (and I mean that in the most complementary was possible, Yog old chum). 

Tip: I've always tried to camp as near to the campsite stewards as possible when going solo. If you have a wobble - day or night - there's always some friendly people nearby, 24/7, for a chat, with a fire, reassurance and a coffee who know the place inside out. 

54 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I wondered what the difference was some years when the stewards looked miserable as sin. Bet if we did a correlation between Woffy solo and miserable stewards it'd pretty much overlap!

There he is! He's back! It's as if the sweat stained Lycra crotch and pits of a 1980s Batman costume have finally been Fabreezed after 3 months lying dormant and crusty in the bottom of a backpack. 

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'd prefer to lick it clean. 

(This is me neither confirming or denying anything - I'd lick anyone's Batman costume clean, not just my own. (If I owned one. (Which I may or may not))). 

If only your personal festival hygiene was as diligent as your admirably precise use of parenthesis. 

I'm certain this is all of great use to the OP, btw!