Missed Glastonbury Moments

The Clearest Blue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

2009 - Chose The Prodigy over Blur, on the basis I had tickets for Hyde Park a few days later. Still haunts me. 

I'm always repeating this story: I chose Black Eyed Peas over Blur in 2009 on the same basis of Hyde Park tickets for the weekend later (I caught the first couple of numbers from The Cider Bus).

Black Eyed Peas used to be a good live band before they became more of a karaoke/choreography act.

The Prodigy were always just pushing buttons on a DAT machine.

47 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I'm always repeating this story: I chose Black Eyed Peas over Blur in 2009 on the same basis of Hyde Park tickets for the weekend later (I caught the first couple of numbers from The Cider Bus).

Black Eyed Peas used to be a good live band before they became more of a karaoke/choreography act.

The Prodigy were always just pushing buttons on a DAT machine.

They were better than Paul McCartney in 2004 ;)

On 23/09/2016 at 11:28 AM, Quark said:

Ade Edmonson & The Bad Shepherds 2010 - this one's more about the terrible choice I made instead.  Again, in the interests of hanging out as a group I ended up going to watch the f*cking FOOTBALL on the screen they set up.  I'm still ashamed of that one. On the plus side I left at half time and went to watch a gospel choir, who were amazing.

They played again at Avalon a couple of years ago...did you not get to see that one?

On 23/09/2016 at 10:47 AM, Gnomicide said:

I didn't start going until 2010 so everything before that. But 2009, I can't believe I didn't go. Bruce, Neil Young, Blur, Specials, Madness, CS&N, Quo, and that's just The Pyramid.

What an arse.

'twas indeed a good year...Neil Young most notably, but I saw most of those on your list (Specials and I think Madness I didn't get to). You missed Spinal Tap off the list! :D

I left Glastonbury early evening in 2000 and therefore missed Bowie. Unfortunately I was so damaged from abuse that I felt that I couldn't stay at the festival a moment longer than I did. It's a decision that I know had to be made for my mental well being, but missing seeing him perform really annoys me to this day.

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Snap. I was young and naive and watched Bloc Party instead. Colossal error.

We can feel foolish together.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I watched Q-Tip instead of Neil Young. I do not regret it.

Yours was a perfectly acceptable alternative however!

31 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

What about rocking crazy horse shit though?

I think that's a Neil Young reference isn't it? I honestly know next to nothing of the fella! 

I think he was on at Phoenix in 96, along with Bowie. I didn't watch either of them though. 

Edited by fatyeti24

13 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

I'd love to get a time machine back to 1994 and sit all day at the Other Stage on the Saturday.  Britpop-tastic!

I didn't go to Glastonbury until 2003, which is ridiculous because the line ups in years like 1994 and 2002 were just excellent. I'm such an idiot.