Missed Glastonbury Moments

The Clearest Blue

2014. It was my final year at Uni so I really should have been studying. Instead I didn't get tickets to Glastonbury, so I glanced at the line up and started watching the sets of the bands that I would have seen that weekend, whilst getting monumentally wasted in my room. One of the most harrowing weekends of my life.

Edited by BlackHole2006

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

I'd love to get a time machine back to 1994 and sit all day at the Other Stage on the Saturday.  Britpop-tastic!

That's the one lineup over the years that does look absolutely fantastic, but it's probably the Movie Mix* of festival lineups.  Radiohead's most consistently rated album is certainly well represented. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/1997/worthy-farm-pilton-england-7bd7be7c.html***.  And anyone who saw the recently uncovered footage of Oasis that day would agree they weren't that inspiring.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be there, but most** of those bands were a few years off the peak of their powers, except Inspiral Carpets who were few years past theirs. I still think there would be some highly enjoyable performances there, but most of them had far greater times at Worthy ahead of them.  

I was about to ask if there had there ever been a bigger jump to headliner in a single year than Pulp, until I realised who was second on that day. Mad to think that one day contained two headliners for the very next festival!

*Movie Mix is a channel that seems to show the worst films ever made by good actors, often early on in their careers.

**Were Spiritualized any good in 1994?

*** That was the wrong setlist.  This is the one http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-33d468c1.html

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Adding correct setlist

18 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

I'd love to get a time machine back to 1994 and sit all day at the Other Stage on the Saturday.  Britpop-tastic!

that was the Sunday.  i enjoyed the previous two days much more though.  Friday had the Beastie Boys (my favourite group of all time), Saturday was Bjork followed by Orbital's legendary set.

Britpop was never my thing really.

Edited by fatyeti24