Land or Venue needed for New Years Eve festival 2016.

Mandy and Dan

17 hours ago, gizmoman said:

This might seem like a bizarre suggestion but it might be worth looking at The Wurzels gig list, they play quite a few farms and outdoor gigs in this area, if you're stuck you could even ring their manager for advice, his numbers on the page!

http://www.thewurzels.com/gigs.htm

Yes thanks for this have checked but the venues are too small, I will contact the manager though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were prepared to travel a little then there's this place below in Herefordshire. They are experienced in hosting parties of your size. I know people who have been to some rave type events there, but they cater for all occassions. They even have their own geodome there where you can play music from. Not sure if they are open on New Years Eve though, although they might consider it for the right price. Apparently the place is laid back and chilled. My wife was going to book it for my 50th birthday but they were already booked for the dates in question, which is a shame because I really would like to experience the place.

http://outtograss.com/event-hire/

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If you were prepared to travel a little then there's this place below in Herefordshire. They are experienced in hosting parties of your size. I know people who have been to some rave type events there, but they cater for all occassions. They even have their own geodome there where you can play music from. Not sure if they are open on New Years Eve though, although they might consider it for the right price. Apparently the place is laid back and chilled. My wife was going to book it for my 50th birthday but they were already booked for the dates in question, which is a shame because I really would like to experience the place.

http://outtograss.com/event-hire/

Hi yes I know where you mean. That might be too far but worth an option if this place in waiting for doesn't happen. Got a few places coming back but nothing confirmed yet. On a mission! 

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not quite Gloucestershire - it's just west of Bristol (just off the M5), just south of the M4 - but it's held small festies so might be up for it...

You can see the details here:
http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/directions/

Yes but might be too far but that's worth looking at as they have barns. Washing pool farm isn't it. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks. Nice place there. 

I go with Thearg.  For many years I went to a festival that was at a camping site near Bradford on Avon.  The site was taken over for the whole festival and it worked well.  If you Google either the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravan Club (two different, rival organisations) they have a list of sites - some of which are club-owned sites and others are privately operated.

15 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I go with Thearg.  For many years I went to a festival that was at a camping site near Bradford on Avon.  The site was taken over for the whole festival and it worked well.  If you Google either the Caravan Club or the Camping and Caravan Club (two different, rival organisations) they have a list of sites - some of which are club-owned sites and others are privately operated.

Thank you I will google the Caravan club and the other one.  Bradford on Avon is not too far away from us but it does flood though and it is likely to be underwater that time of a year!

1 hour ago, Mandy and Dan said:

Yes thats a good idea i'll start looking into those ideas,  Have contacted a few now.

Hi Mandy and Dan,don't know if it is in your catchment area but I stayed at this campsite a few weeks ago in the Forest of Dean,It's a farm with camping and lot's of land etc and they had a few pods and caravans  with views across the Wye valley,it would make a stunning location,might be worth giving them a shout...http://beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Good luck :)

Just now, Thearg said:

Hi Mandy and Dan,don't know if it is in your catchment area but I stayed at this campsite a few weeks ago in the Forest of Dean,It's a farm with camping and lot's of land etc and they had a few pods and caravans  with views across the Wye valley,it would make a stunning location,might be worth giving them a shout...http://beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Good luck :)

Hi thanks that might not be too far. I'll take a look at that. I really appreciate all the positive ideas. Got another band now and dr dreadnaughts hopefully so things coming in thick and fast now! 

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Try asking Over Farm, Over , Gloucester. We held The Magnificent Severn (bore rider's fest) there.

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Try asking Over Farm, Over , Gloucester. We held The Magnificent Severn (bore rider's fest) there.

Hi yes that's a good location. If I don't hear from the others I'll try that. Thanks. 

Just come back from Something Else in The Dean at Elton Maize Maizes.  Nice small venue, friendly people and well worth contacting.

Elton Mazes
Elton Farm
Littledean Road
Newnham-on-Severn
Gloucestershire
GL14 1JU

Our Phone numbers
Brian 01594 827 007
Peter 01452 760 795
email
Our email address
Eltonmazes@gmail.com

Have you considered forming a club for those wanting to attend ?

Form a club and you can hold rallies.

Plenty of campsites have rally fields and will offer their facilities (bars, meeting rooms etc) and perhaps offer some helpful advice.

Some might even let you have an informal rally i.e not an official club, just a lot of friends who happen to be camping in the same place ;)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/camping-and-caravanning-site-exemption-certificates-know-the-rules-and-how-to-apply

On 9/22/2016 at 6:18 PM, Thearg said:

How about contacting local  campsites , they have the land,toilets, showers,electric hook ups etc that you need,they might be up for some extra money in the closed season

Hi thanks for all your help and advice.  We have a venue it is it Leckhampton, Cheltenham.  The festival is from 12midday to 3am New Year Day.  Bands from 2pm, Ed Donavon and the Wandering Moles, Stiff Joints, Boy's in the Wood, Undercover hippies (TBC) and some others.  A hookah cafe with open mic, dj sets, stalls and bar.  If anyone is interested email me at mandytomkins2126@gmail.com.  Prices arent sent yet but will roughly be around £25 - £30 pp. just will be good to know if there is any interest.  Cheers again for all the advice and help.

Hi thanks for all your help and advice.  We have a venue it is it Leckhampton, Cheltenham.  The festival is from 12midday to 3am New Year Day.  Bands from 2pm, Ed Donavon and the Wandering Moles, Stiff Joints, Boy's in the Wood, Undercover hippies (TBC) and some others.  A hookah cafe with open mic, dj sets, stalls and bar.  If anyone is interested email me at mandytomkins2126@gmail.com.  Prices arent sent yet but will roughly be around £25 - £30 pp. just will be good to know if there is any interest.  Cheers again for all the advice and help.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:27 AM, Mandy and Dan said:

Fantastic you have found a venue and it's all coming together,I will definitely be interested as it's only about 20 mins away from me ( Evesham)

I'm going to spread the word and get some numbers and email you :)

3 minutes ago, Thearg said:

Fantastic you have found a venue and it's all coming together,I will definitely be interested as it's only about 20 mins away from me ( Evesham)

I'm going to spread the word and get some numbers and email you :)

Brilliant yes spread the word and I'll contact people as soon as everything is in place and confirmed hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Thanks. 

Would people be able to stay on the site in a campervan after 3am? I kind of find it appealing but would want to get pissed. As the driver of the operation I could only do this if I had time to sober up again before heading back home the next day. I suspect the desire to get drunk would apply to quite a few other people too.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Would people be able to stay on the site in a campervan after 3am? I kind of find it appealing but would want to get pissed. As the driver of the operation I could only do this if I had time to sober up again before heading back home the next day. I suspect the desire to get drunk would apply to quite a few other people too.

Yes you can camp we have agreed that everyone off site by 12 midday news years day. So you can get pissed! 

22 minutes ago, Mandy and Dan said:

Yes you can camp we have agreed that everyone off site by 12 midday news years day. So you can get pissed! 

Magic, I'' run it by her indoors to see if she's up for it. Our campervan is poorly right now and needs mending. That said, we've got an estate car too which we could sleep in the back of with a mattress and a few duvets. I don't normally 'do' New years Eve at all because the thought of being squashed in a pub or similar is appalling to me. To be outside suitably dressed listening to live music is far more appealing. We're a bit skint at the moment though - when do you think you'd be selling the tickets?

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Magic, I'' run it by her indoors to see if she's up for it. Our campervan is poorly right now and needs mending. That said, we've got an estate car too which we could sleep in the back of with a mattress and a few duvets. I don't normally 'do' New years Eve at all because the thought of being squashed in a pub or similar is appalling to me. To be outside suitably dressed listening to live music is far more appealing. We're a bit skint at the moment though - when do you think you'd be selling the tickets?

Have you got a VW! We have a broken VW   They normally are. Yes we don't do pubs either and they really expensive. We hopefully will be selling the tickets in the next couple of weeks. Send me an email and I'll contact you when they on sale. Great thanks for showing an interest. Get the word out! 

3 minutes ago, Mandy and Dan said:

Have you got a VW! We have a broken VW   They normally are. Yes we don't do pubs either and they really expensive. We hopefully will be selling the tickets in the next couple of weeks. Send me an email and I'll contact you when they on sale. Great thanks for showing an interest. Get the word out! 

Oh, I may well have a gaggle of people who would be interested. I shall spread the word. I'll also PM you with my email address.

I know what you mean about pubs and how expensive they are. I think I could count on both hands the number of times that I've been to a pub in the last 3 years. Odd really, because I used to live in the places.

Our campervan is a Ford Transit long wheel based conversion, not a VW. I like the look of VW's but like the extra room that we have in the Transit. If I ever came in to money (again) I'd love to convert one of the smaller Optare buses that you see on the roads, with the big front wind sheilds. They'd be perfect space wise I reckon.

Anyway, I shall do my duty now and email people about your proposed festival.