Land or Venue needed for New Years Eve festival 2016.

Mandy and Dan

Hi 

We are trying to plan a mini festival for about 500 people in Gloucestershire.  We had land in Malvern but they have backed out.  We have 3 bands booked and a DJ and stalls, security but need to find some land.  Can anyone help.  I need a field accessible to the motorway or on main roads due to being New Years Eve and we could have snow!

Desperate please help, I don't want this to not go ahead.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot if you are optimistic and not a pessimist.  We have thought about the weather which is why we are looking for locations close to motorways or main roads.  Also we have marquees arranged so the band and 500 people are undercover.  A main stretch tent to go over the stalls.  A marquee for the childrens area with large screen and movies with seating and heating.  Random heaters placed everywhere.  Obviously some will not be under cover but at least we can prepare for bad weather and if it is a nice wintery day which does happen then this is a bonus.  Festivals in the summer can get bad weather so it doesnt matter when you organise it!

8 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Know anyone with a big garden? LeeFest is held in someones back garden and has a capacity of around 5,000 I believe!

I think that was only the very early festivals (100-200 people if I remember right).  It moved after a couple of years to a nearby field and has moved a few times since then

33 minutes ago, merago said:

I think that was only the very early festivals (100-200 people if I remember right).  It moved after a couple of years to a nearby field and has moved a few times since then

Oh right, still... Couple hundred in a garden !

7 minutes ago, Mandy and Dan said:

Hi I live in the countryside surrounded by fields but access in the winter could be a problem in case it snows! Where is Leefest held?  I would love someone to offer their field/back garden. 

I think it's in Kent. 

Hi we will get an events licence. No we've based on farmer phils festival. The bands are not heavy one is folk style and the dj liked a bit of 70's but we will steer him away from that as much as we can! It's not a rave been there done that. Want it to be family friendly. Raves aren't lol! 

9 hours ago, Mandy and Dan said:

Hi 

We are trying to plan a mini festival for about 500 people in Gloucestershire.  We had land in Malvern but they have backed out.  We have 3 bands booked and a DJ and stalls, security but need to find some land.  Can anyone help.  I need a field accessible to the motorway or on main roads due to being New Years Eve and we could have snow!

Desperate please help, I don't want this to not go ahead.

Just wondering - is this place suppossed to accommodate families overnight too? If so, what accommodation did you have in mind for them?

Just now, Slugworth said:

Awesome. Thank you. I will have a look for you. Any ideas on what bookings you have in mind?

Yes it will be in Gloucestershire and the bands so far are ed donavon and the wandering moles. Undercovers and Boyz in the wood. Waiting to hear back from dub pistols and stiff joints and some others. Also a dj is booked. All we need now is somewhere to do it!! Yes keep and eye out I will post it if I get somewhere.