The Smyths

ivan

Once again they were brilliant !

Saw them Saturday night in Leeds and the venue was sold out.

I think they have not outgrown Williams Green and would be perfect to open Other Stage on the Friday and they would certainly get a crowd.

5 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I quite like them being in William's Green, for tradition if nothing else.

Furthermore it feels wrong to have a covers band on a big stage.

I've seen them at all 3 Glastonbury's I've been to, plus in Leeds a year ago. Always brilliant to get my Smiths fix.

Agreed.  I think they could get away with an acoustic stage set á la Bootleg Beatles this year, but wouldn't have them on a main stage.

We got to about 6 rows back after some careful manoeuvring folowing that power ballad dj set.

My wife, who normally detests The Smiths and Morrissey, danced away and said it good to watch me sing along to all the words. Really kick-started our weekend for us. Wished they had played The Queen is Dead though.

She said that she thought the lead singer was really good. When I pointed out that she usually abhors Moz, she replied "Yes but he's not Morrissey, is he?"

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

We got to about 6 rows back after some careful manoeuvring folowing that power ballad dj set.

My wife, who normally detests The Smiths and Morrissey, danced away and said it good to watch me sing along to all the words. Really kick-started our weekend for us. Wished they had played The Queen is Dead though.

She said that she thought the lead singer was really good. When I pointed out that she usually abhors Moz, she replied "Yes but he's not Morrissey, is he?"

I was never a fan of The Queen Is Dead (song not album) until I saw Morrissey perform it live. My god, one of the most energetic songs I've ever seen/heard, blew me away.