Lower Mead Excavation Works

Dukeicon

Went for a walk on the farm today. Grass it looking much better but looks like they have had to re-seed. Lots of cans still mixed in with the mud though. <_<

They appear to be doing a lot of work in the bottom of the Lower Mead field, it looks as if they are making it flatter for some reason. The 2 panoramic pictures are taken standing on a mound of earth which you can see to the left of the bulldozer.

One reason that passed through my head was another move for the John Peel stage & the Hospitality be put back where it was due to this years flooding?

2Yv2lQG.jpg

j372rTk.jpg

LApxGNb.jpg

Edited by Dukeicon

47 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

One reason that passed through my head was another move for the John Peel stage & the Hospitality be put back where it was due to this years flooding?

Really can't see JP moving again in the near future - After the effort that went into the wooded areas, and I think by most measures the new location worked really well - It was probably one of the last affected parts of the site when it came to mud.

I definitely expect Hospitality Camping to change again though. The location combined with the JP production areas meant that it felt like a massive roadblock to the western fields (and Gate A) - for my taste too many of the paths were enclosed with fencing on both sides which was quite claustrophobic in places.

On 18/09/2016 at 6:20 PM, incident said:

Really can't see JP moving again in the near future - After the effort that went into the wooded areas, and I think by most measures the new location worked really well - It was probably one of the last affected parts of the site when it came to mud.

I definitely expect Hospitality Camping to change again though. The location combined with the JP production areas meant that it felt like a massive roadblock to the western fields (and Gate A) - for my taste too many of the paths were enclosed with fencing on both sides which was quite claustrophobic in places.

wouldnt like to have a hospitality tent there if it R ....   i remember looking down on to the that river and it was like 6/7 feet beneath the bridge and it still flooded so if there LOWERING the ground for tents ...not a good idea i would have thought they would be better building a flood bank ..........hope JP doesnt move thought that and woods was lovely .......hope its not for disabled ?????????????  they had LOTS of trouble with vans this year !!!!!!!! hope there not going to put us down there .....just a thought

• 1 month later...

Seeing this thread makes me wonder how quickly the site can recover after the utter thrashing it took this year. 

In any of the stage areas and many of the tents I reckon the grass would be struggling to return by next year. How ferked do we reckon it 2017 or when we get that wall to wall sun we so rightly deserve, will there be grass to sit on?

2 hours ago, pilton digger said:

The site is fine. Lots of grass and sheep all over it. They reseed every year and although it took a bit longer than usual to recover in places it is now back to nirmal.

Am I the only one who smiles to himself and gets a nice warm feeling inside every time I read a post from the digger

On 18/09/2016 at 5:21 PM, Dukeicon said:

Went for a walk on the farm today. Grass it looking much better but looks like they have had to re-seed. Lots of cans still mixed in with the mud though. <_<

They appear to be doing a lot of work in the bottom of the Lower Mead field, it looks as if they are making it flatter for some reason. The 2 panoramic pictures are taken standing on a mound of earth which you can see to the left of the bulldozer.

2Yv2lQG.jpg

j372rTk.jpg

LApxGNb.jpg

Looking flat as a pancake............. Maybe this is where  the new site is going to be. 

They hinted a flat place... Some where like the old film site???  Sorts of ticks all the boxes really  

On 23/10/2016 at 11:55 AM, nodolphie said:

Did we get to the bottom of what they're doing there?  Looks like evenly spaced posts or something have been put up against the track where they were digging?

They are trees that they planted along the track some time in spring this year. This pic is from April this year.

Still not sure what they were doing moving all that mud. If they are going to be using this as a new area then maybe they have added drainage so it doesn't get as muddy.

5lVtDsR.jpg