Betting

DickButkis

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Last time I checked Betfair had the option to bet on the Saturday night headliner. Ed Sheeran was firm favourite.

If they still have it then it'll be under "Special bets" on the app.

In which case, on the basis that the odds might be fairly favourable (I've not looked at them), if anyone wants a punt - NOT A SURE THING - I reckon Radiohead on the Saturday might be worth considering.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In which case, on the basis that the odds might be fairly favourable (I've not looked at them), if anyone wants a punt - NOT A SURE THING - I reckon Radiohead on the Saturday might be worth considering.

is this based on anything at all? The Sun reported Sheeran was on the Saturday so i've gone with that (and assumed Radiohead would be on the Sunday what with the Daft Punk rumour)

i'm not sure how much weight this whole 'Saturday night BBC viewings' thing actually holds, but i would've thought Sheeran would be far more preferable in that slot than Radiohead these days

Edited by FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Friday: Daft Punk; Saturday: Radiohead; Sunday: Ed Sheeran

CONFIRMED 

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

is this based on anything at all? The Sun reported Sheeran was on the Saturday so i've gone with that (and assumed Radiohead would be on the Sunday what with the Daft Punk rumour)

i'm not sure how much weight this whole 'Saturday night BBC viewings' thing actually holds, but i would've thought Sheeran would be far more preferable in that slot than Radiohead these days

Yeah in fairness, out of the many I work within, people would be much more bothered to stay in and watch Ed whereas they would record Radio head on the Saturday if they got around to it. Sunday is a different case as it's a calmer night etc 

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

My take on things at the moment is that the headliners are DP, RH and Stone Roses - and the info I have for DP is Friday, which to my mind would have SR on Sunday, leaving Saturday for Radiohead.

(note: I don't know if any of that is true, but currently those three acts are the ones I feel I have the best info sources for - but which might be completely wrong, don't forget..... then again, by this time last year I was just about fixed on Muse, Adele and Coldplay, so it could be right).

As I say, it would be a punt, but if you're the sort of person that likes a punt I reckon it's a fairly decent punt.

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

There was a thread on here while back when the Sun reported Sheeran as Saturday headliner, lumped on Sheeran at 20/1 on paddy power before they slashed him to 2/1.

I think it was the Scum which got it wrong for 2016, saying it was Foo Fighers rather than Muse.

I'd say what they've published is a guess and nowt more.

Just now, eFestivals said:

My take on things at the moment is that the headliners are DP, RH and Stone Roses - and the info I have for DP is Friday, which to my mind would have SR on Sunday, leaving Saturday for Radiohead.

(note: I don't know if any of that is true, but currently those three acts are the ones I feel I have the best info sources for - but which might be completely wrong, don't forget..... then again, by this time last year I was just about fixed on Muse, Adele and Coldplay, so it could be right).

As I say, it would be a punt, but if you're the sort of person that likes a punt I reckon it's a fairly decent punt.

still pretty confident in Sheeran more than any of the others myself (based on both The Sun and it making total sense for him to be there next year) but i know you have your reasons for putting belief in the other 3. still having a hard time believing Daft Punk really what with it seeming like such a no-go before your info. look forward to seeing what the other tabloids come out with in the next few months

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

still having a hard time believing Daft Punk really what with it seeming like such a no-go before your info.

what I heard came from a decent source, and happens to pretty-much match up with what appeared on reddit (which is supposedly froom someone with a history of name-accuracy in some areas), plus reports of them recording are in the press.

(the reports of the recording, btw, fit fairly well with reports of them recording with Rogers for their previous album).

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what I heard came from a decent source, and happens to pretty-much match up with what appeared on reddit (which is supposedly froom someone with a history of name-accuracy in some areas), plus reports of them recording are in the press.

(the reports of the recording, btw, fit fairly well with reports of them recording with Rogers for their previous album).

good stuff! i guess the whole 'Alive 2017' tour thing has been such a mythical 'could it happen?' scenario for so long that i didn't really believe it was gonna happen, and if it did i never thought Glastonbury would get em. huge booking for em

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

After no Pyramid headliners in '15 and '16 - I would have at least 2 to watch there*. I have  seen SR  twice recently and without new material, I would see who is on another stage I suspect.

I think DP, Sheeran and RH is possibly more likely. (But you are the man in the know compared to me)

*if I got a ticket

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Maybe Neil is right as is the sheeran stuff.

roses won't do the tv thing so they play the other while ed plays the pyramid for the cameras or....He's accepted being the other headliner with the live TV audience. Folk at home watching won't give a shit or even know what stage he is on. Might suit his one man band show better on the smaller stage although I realise he sold out Wembley. 

25 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

roses won't do the tv thing so they play the other while ed plays the pyramid for the cameras or....He's accepted being the other headliner with the live TV audience. Folk at home watching won't give a shit or even know what stage he is on. Might suit his one man band show better on the smaller stage although I realise he sold out Wembley. 

This is strange post, Other headliner?, no chance. 

Sheeran is nailed on unless it's a case the album won't be out but then Glastonbury are looking at getting him after the other fests do in 2019 and the same with Foo's. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

After no Pyramid headliners in '15 and '16 - I would have at least 2 to watch there*. I have  seen SR  twice recently and without new material, I would see who is on another stage I suspect.

I think DP, Sheeran and RH is possibly more likely. (But you are the man in the know compared to me)

*if I got a ticket

I have to say the only thing that would make me keep my ticket is DP there. Saturday and Sunday would defo have Other dance headliners and I'd fancy a rockier sub on Sunday other as I feel SR would have a dancey type sub. Note that dancey sub could just be an act that will get the crowd jumping about a bit more so.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I've no way of knowing for sure until the line-up is announced.

But if I'm going to preference one possibility over another, I try to do it on the basis of reasonably-sounding information i've had rather than guesses - so for the moment I lean towards DP.

But i really wouldn't be surprised if it was Sheeran because it's such an obvious guess and the obvious guesses quite often happen.

I remain dubious of what the sun has published tho, as they proved a year ago that what they say is hit and miss.

56 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

How ridiculous is the prospect of Daft Punk | Radiohead | Stone Roses.. well for me anyway.. that would have to be 3 nights at the Pyramid, and I didn't spend a single evening there last year. Ed Sheeran, you're truely not needed please ;)

That would be 2 nights at the Pyramid but I would rather Sheeran. If I had to believe a trio atm and take one out it would be DP. I can see how they would use Glastonbury TV coverage though and Emily has made it very clear they would like to get them.