King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In your Mind fuzz and Nonagon infinity for psych fuss similar to the new one, without the microtonal element.

Papier Mache Dream balloon for an "acoustic flute-based album" that's nothing like those three. All four are very good.  

Anything before Mind fuzz, you'll need advice from some of the better experts than I.   

Cheers - I'll line them up :)

Mind Fuzz was what got me into King Gizz and I didn't really care that much for Papier Mache when it came out. Anyways I bought all albums on vinyl, being a completionist and all.

Suprsingly, PM gets more playtime than any other King Gizz album I own. It's really nice and mellow and fits right into the mood where I would normally reach for Nick Drake or John Martyn. It drifts in the background and doesn't demand your attention like Mind Fuzz or Nonagon.

The point is that I personally think PM is underrated.

/big_phil - Originals under the Flightless label are pretty expensive. You can get the later albums (from In Your Mind Fuzz onward) on Castle Face  or Heavenly for £20-£30. Unfortunately the first 3 albums (12 Bar Bruise/Float Along/Eyes Like The Sky) are only on Flightless, for these early albums expect to pay £200+. I think all the albums are on youtube/ Spotify.

27 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

/big_phil - Originals under the Flightless label are pretty expensive. You can get the later albums (from In Your Mind Fuzz onward) on Castle Face  or Heavenly for £20-£30. Unfortunately the first 3 albums (12 Bar Bruise/Float Along/Eyes Like The Sky) are only on Flightless, for these early albums expect to pay £200+. I think all the albums are on youtube/ Spotify.

I'm in the same camp as you, in that I've got everything post-Fuzz, but nothing before. Will have to keep my eye out.

You got any cool versions of the records? There are plenty out there. I've got a lovely yellow (obvs) copy of the new one.

8 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I'm in the same camp as you, in that I've got everything post-Fuzz, but nothing before. Will have to keep my eye out.

You got any cool versions of the records? There are plenty out there. I've got a lovely yellow (obvs) copy of the new one.

Someone asked them recently if they ever plan on repressing the earlier albums and they've said yes which is good news. First album if theirs I went through was 12 Bar Bruise so still love it even if they've improved since then. Not sure if that includes the old Willoughby's Beach EP...

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Same.

It's a bummer really as I first saw them around the time of Fuzz and they had some really cool vinyl for sale at the gig, unfortunately I didn't have a working turntable at the time so didn't bother buying anything. Hindsight and all that eh.

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

rarest gizz record I've got is Mind Fuzz on pink vinyl with bone swirl, think there were 500 pressed? The best looking they have done has got to be the emu egg nonagon in my opinion though, would love a copy!

8 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

rarest gizz record I've got is Mind Fuzz on pink vinyl with bone swirl, think there were 500 pressed? The best looking they have done has got to be the emu egg nonagon in my opinion though, would love a copy!

God damn, those sound good. Was surprised to see how many different variants they do. Some of them look glorious.

Got a pic?

Yeah Float Along BANGS, Head On/Pill is massive and Pop In My Step is a hidden gem of the King Gizz discography. Lots of great stuff on Oddments too, got to love some Hot Wax and Work This Time. Never been big on 12 Bar Bruise but I suppose I haven't given it that much attention..

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not Gizzard related but for those that went last time, Strange Waves II has been announced. 

A little disappointed with this, has it been made clear that Parquet Courts are headlining it this year? I guess its going to be hard for them to top last years bill, it was a blast!

3 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

A little disappointed with this, has it been made clear that Parquet Courts are headlining it this year? I guess its going to be hard for them to top last years bill, it was a blast!

Duno, there should be someone after them if so. Doesn't seem bad news to me, Parquet Courts are awesome, RBCF will be a must-catch before they blow up and Ultimate Painting are cool as well. Opens five hours earlier than last time as well. so more to come it seems.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Duno, there should be someone after them if so. Doesn't seem bad news to me, Parquet Courts are awesome, RBCF will be a must-catch before they blow up and Ultimate Painting are cool as well. Opens five hours earlier than last time as well. so more to come it seems.

Don't get me wrong I like Parquet Courts just not sure how it will compare overall to last years aural assault! That's awesome news though, I wasn't aware of that.

Crikey. Straight out the gates with seven FMB tracks... then a new track!

The foretold live Gregorian throat singing on Nuclear Fusion intro... dunno if that's genius or awful.

Had no idea Ambrose was the vocalist on Billabong Valley. Just assumed it was Stu doing a daft pitched up voice.

Talking of Ambrose, the band he leads brought a new song today here:

• Upvote 2