King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Gizz are playing O2 Academy Brixton on 21st Feb. Support special guests TBC + Mild High Club. On sale Friday.

Haven't seen anything about more UK shows but not particularly bothered if it's gonna be leaning on Sketches that much (as indicated by the support). Not a fan of that record.

If I remember right Sketches hasn't been getting played at all even on the US dates where MHC supported. So I wouldn't read much into the choice of support, it's just their mates showing up to play before them. And they'll have 2 more albums out by then anyway.

Mad that they're playing Brixton now though. Proud of my boys but hope we get some smaller venues too, a Bristol date would be dreamy.

12 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

If I remember right Sketches hasn't been getting played at all even on the US dates where MHC supported. So I wouldn't read much into the choice of support, it's just their mates showing up to play before them. And they'll have 2 more albums out by then anyway.

Mad that they're playing Brixton now though. Proud of my boys but hope we get some smaller venues too, a Bristol date would be dreamy.

Ah that's alright 'en. Yeah they need to hit up some more cities now they're enormous dudes. I imagine they're on for a massive slot at one of Green Man and End of the Road next summer.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah that's alright 'en. Yeah they need to hit up some more cities now they're enormous dudes. I imagine they're on for a massive slot at one of Green Man and End of the Road next summer.

Yeah definitely have them down to sub End of the Road. Brixton is the kind of venue that EotR headliners play but I wouldn't go that far yet.

Rumours going round that Pond might be the TBC support. Will be a huge gig if so.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:07 AM, suttttttt said:

I've heard whisperings of them being in Europe February/March time next year so there is potential for some UK dates there. Of course this could be totally untrue but there is hope.

Meanwhile Oh Sees are playing in Manchester and London early March if you're after a garage psych fix!

ITK. Good shout.

Really excited for this new one, it seems like a lot of work's gone into it. Some of their recent albums (not that I didn't enjoy them) have been put together in a couple weeks, but there's been leaked demos of this next one believed to be called 'Polygondwanaland' (that I've so far still resisted listening to) knocking about since April, plus Crumbling Castle has been in the works since at least last August when they started doing it live. So I'm expecting something up there with Nonagon and Mind Fuzz. Crumbling Castle supports that hype imo so yeah, give it to me.

Edited by Mash011

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Playing Manchester Academy Feb 22nd

£21 a ticket.

Says £18.50 on the poster? 

Same venue Oh Sees played when they clashed, there's only a week in it this time I kinda wish they were playing the same night with switched venues.

Guess I'll have to just go to both this time.

Feel like there should be an outright Oh Sees thread at this point but all their fans seem to peruse this thread so it seems pointless. Anyway, if this doesn't whet your appetite for a ticket in March there's no hope for you.

If the 360 future scares you or is simply not enough the whole 1hr40 minute gig is here on boring old fashioned (but pro shot) video. Had it on this morning in the background in work and jeez these guys can play, I don't think its a stretch to put them in the top 3 live acts going at the moment. 

Not sure how much one of the drummers will like putting this thread mind...

22552950_10203992469289690_8739709687207382218_o.thumb.jpg.ceed370eb8883dae0f3459fd08b71f87.jpg

• 3 weeks later...