King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It'll be 1am. If they said Sat night/Sun morning then that's the latest bands play on CN.

Probably won't bother with Crow's Nest. It'll be a mission to get to and inside in time and considering it'll only be half an hour and it'll start twenty minutes late, I might give it a swerve and see what else is going down. Flamingods at the bottom of the hill I believe.

I have never been to the crows nest. It was on my "to-do list" so I might as well see the Gizz there.

It means I'll probably not bother with the John Peel gig now.... could be tempted with the Smyths playing the queen is dead instead.

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

In my opinion - the weakest album. Even though I bought a T-Shirt last night!!

Really? Have you gone off it? Think it's right up there for me - enjoy it now more than on release, even.

I saw on Wikipedia that Sketches of Brunswick East is supposed to be out September 22nd. No references to back it up but if true I could imagine them wheeling out a bit of that across the weekend.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Really? Have you gone off it? Think it's right up there for me - enjoy it now more than on release, even.

I saw on Wikipedia that Sketches of Brunswick East is supposed to be out September 22nd. No references to back it up but if true I could imagine them wheeling out a bit of that across the weekend.

I think Crumbling Castle is meant to be on it which they've been doing for aages so yeah we'll probably get that. Maybe a few more. Reckon we'll hear practically the whole of MoTU spread across the weekend, too.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It'll be 1am. If they said Sat night/Sun morning then that's the latest bands play on CN.

Probably won't bother with Crow's Nest. It'll be a mission to get to and inside in time and considering it'll only be half an hour and it'll start twenty minutes late, I might give it a swerve and see what else is going down. Flamingods at the bottom of the hill I believe.

You got any other suggestions for similar late night stuff? I'm not really one for a lot of the stuff on in the naughty corner so I'll most likely be at Flamingods too but struggling for other stuff at that time.

59 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

You got any other suggestions for similar late night stuff? I'm not really one for a lot of the stuff on in the naughty corner so I'll most likely be at Flamingods too but struggling for other stuff at that time.

I don't know mate, I'm just posturing. I'll probably be asleep.

5 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Theres always a chalk board outside the crows nest showing who is playing that day. Someone usually posts a photo of the board each morning on here

Fully expect Jagwar Ma to be playing and/or DJing the Crows Nest one night

My favourite Glasto venue, lovely vibe, even if you only get to lie on the grass outside listening the band playing inside, taking in the most stunning view anywhere on the site. 

Jagwar Ma DJing on Sunday again (hopefully a sneaky live set beforehand) as a minimum. Met Jono outside a gig earlier last month who confirmed it.

As for KG in Crows Nest, will be there without question

Edited by rattlerattlerattle

Oh, forgot to mention I heard the end of an interview with Stu on 6music last night. I was listening from around 8:50, not sure how far before that it started. Good listening though, he talked about the 5 albums this year, the new record, their progression and more. Glasto even got a little mention as well!

LISTEN!

Went to all 3, god what a magnificent band. John Peel was my favourite, I absolutely lost it in the. Crow's nest was insane but I only got in the tent for the end after watching most of it from outside - they had stewards blocking the way in. Still, got to hear Head On/Pill which I've wanted to for ages, into a big long medley jam. 

Made it to all 3 sets. All incredible.

Crows nest set was something proper special though. We left Phoenix earlier than we planned to give us that extra 5-10 minutes if busy. We got there and couldn't get in but it was one in one out so got in eventually (think it was during Head On Pill). What a crazy gig, ended up right down the front by the end of the set. 

No sign of my MOTU vinyl yet :(

Only caught the JP set, but that was the third time I'd seen them this month so not hugely fussed about missing the others. Was a great set. Loved the crowdsurfer on the airbed and the guy up on someone's shoulders with the lizard mask going absolutely nuts.

The new album is interesting. Much prefer the 'Lord of Lightning' suite to the 'Altered Beast' suite.