King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

it's really hard to separate the tracks out and attempt to jigsaw a cohesive album out of it, what you need to do is smush them all together in a big hot mess, a bit like this but with just the 2017 albums.

I actually made it all the way through this once, I don't recommend it is relatively interesting for sections.

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

It's not really possible to make a coherent album from them because, one, these are all very different projects, and two, they're recorded so that tracks are sequenced to lead in to each other - especially in the case of the best one, Polygondwanaland, whose tracks other than Crumbling Castle don't really work out of context. That aside if I were to try (not thinking about this too much) I'd do something like

1. Crumbling Castle
  2. Nuclear Fusion
  3. The Lord of Lightning
  4. Muddy Water
  5. Countdown
  6. I'm Sleepin' In
  7. Tezeta
  8. Loyalty
  9. Digital Black
  10. The Fourth Colour

So no, no Rattlesnake - it's grown on me but it's still something I enjoy as a bit of a laugh rather than being a really good song.

Melting has to be on there, no?

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, mph said:

I'm still waiting for mine from stolen body records, since mid November 

Mine arrived a few days ago. 

Anyone know where I can pickup Gumboot Soup other than preorder through ATO. Not due in until April, which I don't mind, but the shipping price is a bit steep. Been ultra busy since Christmas.

On 20/01/2018 at 9:05 PM, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Ordered gumboot from ATO in the end. Silly really I object to paying the $15 shipping but would happily have paid $15 more for the album..

So how much did it come to in total? I'm holding out for a physical UK release, but it's hard to resist those lovely ATO prints...

On 1/22/2018 at 11:58 AM, big__phil said:

So how much did it come to in total? I'm holding out for a physical UK release, but it's hard to resist those lovely ATO prints...

$40, like I said I would happily pay that for the album itself.

Its the $15 shipping portion of it I have unreasonable objections to. Also the fact that it will probably be sometime in late May before it arrives.

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

$40, like I said I would happily pay that for the album itself.

Its the $15 shipping portion of it I have unreasonable objections to. Also the fact that it will probably be sometime in late May before it arrives.

and the fact you will probably receive a dreaded customs charge :sorry:

10 minutes ago, big__phil said:

That sucks. Still no UK pre-orders available from what I can see. @The_Amazing_Oblong could you let us know if you have to pay any customs? If not I might have to do it.

Must say I'm surprised Heavenly haven't sorted out a pre order, I reckon most UK/Europe folk will have gone overseas for a copy on wax now. I ordered Gumboot Soup from Flightless (Aus) and in the past experience I have never had customs fees added on. I ordered a copy of FMB from ATO (USA) on release and had an extra £15 slapped on by customs.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Must say I'm surprised Heavenly haven't sorted out a pre order, I reckon most UK/Europe folk will have gone overseas for a copy on wax now. I ordered Gumboot Soup from Flightless (Aus) and in the past experience I have never had customs fees added on. I ordered a copy of FMB from ATO (USA) on release and had an extra £15 slapped on by customs.

Well they're sold out on Flightless, so guess I'll just have to wait for some sort of UK release. Can't justify the ATO prices.

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Well happy with that tbh, hope it's pop set/heavy set and not microtonal set/normal set.

It would be the latter if their Glastonbury change ups were anything to go by, right? Besides, a pop Gizz set would be boring beyond belief. It’d just be you...

BeautifulShrillBoto-max-1mb.gif

Edited by dentalplan

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It would be the latter if their Glastonbury change ups were anything to go by, right? Besides, a pop Gizz set would be boring beyond belief. It’d just be you...

BeautifulShrillBoto-max-1mb.gif

You're saying that now but just you WAIT until they bust out Vegemite.

FMB is old news by now, anyway, rather see them bust out those Gumboot Soup bangers. It's the first show back after a break so who knows what they'll play.