King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

9 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Eeep! I just impulse purchased a gig ticket based on half hearing half a set from outside Williams Green while pissed!

Just downloaded the new album. What else should I listen to, I don’t really know any of their stuff or what the ‘big’ gig tracks are.

Should be a laff :D

Give Nonagon Infinity a few spins and work outwards from there. 

Hope you enjoy the gig, I'm sure you will. 

9 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Eeep! I just impulse purchased a gig ticket based on half hearing half a set from outside Williams Green while pissed!

Just downloaded the new album. What else should I listen to, I don’t really know any of their stuff or what the ‘big’ gig tracks are.

Listen to 'Nonagon Infinity' and 'I'm in your Mind Fuzz' for starters

Biggest gig tracks are 'Rattlesnake'. 'cellophane' 'Gamma Knife' and 'Robot Stop'

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, John the Moth said:

As far as 2am impulse purchases go, this is a good one.

• Upvote 1

On 22/11/2017 at 2:10 AM, John the Moth said:

Nonagon Infinity is probs the best starting point these days, Gamma Knife and Robot Stop usually get the crowd going the most at their recent gigs. From there it kind of depends on what side of the band you like most as there's obviously a lot of different styles in their absurdly prolific discography. 

• 2 weeks later...

We all done digesting the wonders of Polygondwanaland? Good, cos they've just dropped two songs off album number 5. Only currently out via recordings from Australian itunes but I expect we'll hear them properly + in better quality soon.

All is Known - https://www.facebook.com/lachystarling/videos/2038234919729746/
Beginners Luck - https://www.facebook.com/lachystarling/videos/2038249003061671/

This record's meant to be just good songs they made that didn't fit the concept of the other records, sort of like the wonderful Oddments. Both of these are very groovy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Fantastic album, shame the vinyl is so expensive.

Aye. They were so good live earlier in the year as well, lacked the intensity and sheer holy-shit factor gizz bring but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great set uploaded on YouTube on flightless' YouTube a couple of months ago.

Do we reckon were getting a new album this year then? This week doesn't really exist so I doubt if get a real chance to listen to it, I'd love then to fulfil such an outlandish promise though.

It's out already in some places, in fact. It'll be up on Spotify at midnight but here's hoping someone's king enough to upload it before then. Until then, here's the album art and track list.

No automatic alt text available.

1. Beginner's Luck
  2. Greenhouse Heat Death
  3. Barefoot Desert
  4. Muddy Water
  5. Superposition
  6. Down the Sink
  7. The Great Chain of Being
  8. The Last Oasis
  9. All Is Known
  10. I'm Sleepin' In
  11. The Wheel

Not gonna be able to listen till the new year now but looking forward to it to make going back to work a bit easier.

Gotta applaud them for actually getting 5 full length, quality, individual albums out in a year. It's fun to joke about but hats off to the lads, it's a very impressive feat, their tour schedule isn' exactly light either.

For reasons beyond me I haven't listened to the last two albums (Sketches and Polyblahblahblah) but just had a play through of this one and it's really great. When these five albums were announced I was definitely expecting a dip in quality somewhere/towards the end but this one's as good as any of their other releases and has tons of standout tracks.