King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

These guys are already onto it and making vinyl. Just ordered myself a copy. Limited to one per customer.

https://stolenbodyrecords.co.uk/product/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order/

They have made 3 colour variants so far, two are sold out, I just got the Crumbling Castle edition which is still in stock. Once that sells out they will add another variant. Each one is limited to 250. £10.50 inc postage, reason so cheap as they aren't looking for profit and just want them out there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

For those who don't know their time zones, the album's dropping tonight at 10pm. Buzzing for it, Crumbling Castle is the best track they've put out this year imo which is a great sign.

10pm? I definitely got it mixed up - I thought it was about 2am.

I'm listening to The Fourth Colour right now and it's classic Gizz. This album's gonna be lit.

D'you rate it'll be on Spotify? Someone asked on the Facebook fan group and everyone shouted at him because they're all audiophiles Spotify hating nerds. It obviously doesn't matter too much if it's not but it makes listening at work/making playlists a little easier. Suppose someone somewhere will have to upload it off their own back.

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

That's what google's telling me at least. Where you hearing that Fourth Colour old son?

6 music rip that someone posted on Reddit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/az9wsslu91c6sbh/The Fourth Colour - 6Music Rip.wav

Obviously it's not a copyright issue now. :P

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

D'you rate it'll be on Spotify? Someone asked on the Facebook fan group and everyone shouted at him because they're all audiophiles Spotify hating nerds. It obviously doesn't matter too much if it's not but it makes listening at work/making playlists a little easier. Suppose someone somewhere will have to upload it off their own back.

You can play your own local files on Spotify can't you?

Edited by dentalplan

On 15/11/2017 at 2:26 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

These guys are already onto it and making vinyl. Just ordered myself a copy. Limited to one per customer.

https://stolenbodyrecords.co.uk/product/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order/

They have made 3 colour variants so far, two are sold out, I just got the Crumbling Castle edition which is still in stock. Once that sells out they will add another variant. Each one is limited to 250. £10.50 inc postage, reason so cheap as they aren't looking for profit and just want them out there.

Damn missed the boat there! Not a huge vinyl enthusiast but one of these would have been cool.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You can play your own local files on Spotify can't you?

Yeah you can so it's a bit of a non issue, means getting the files on my home computer/phone/work computer. No big deal and happy to do it to see this release method succeed, seems like a genuinely great move from the lads. 

Can't believe there's another album nearly upon us, I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on them but I kinda feel like none of their albums this year have had enough playtime from me. I've played them all a lot, but I can't see me holding any of them as highly as Nonagon and I can't help but feel like that's because that had a solid year of being the latest. But I also love the hectic release schedule. I can't lose either way so I hope this doesn't come across as too moany,  just not really used to this. Excited for my commute to work tomorrow anyway.

Really digging it too. I think they've excelled on a lot of ideas they've had throughout their work here. The middle-eastern, the spoken word, the jazz, the chanting, the rawk, it's all here and it's good gizzy. Also chucking in some John Carpenter synths - I hope thatsa future Gizz leaning.

Gonna burn a CD for the hell of it. Might do a few for Christmas presents.

Fuck me, this is growing on me. Sort of shrugged at it on first listen for the lack of any tracks with as much impact as Crumbling Castle but given a good few listens over to day it's really sticking to me as an album. 'Loyalty' and the title track my current stand outs aside from the obvious aforementioned single.

Eeep! I just impulse purchased a gig ticket based on half hearing half a set from outside Williams Green while pissed!

Just downloaded the new album. What else should I listen to, I don’t really know any of their stuff or what the ‘big’ gig tracks are.

Should be a laff :D

Edited by John the Moth
Typo