King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

8 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Dammit, every time this thread bumped I get my hopes up for news of a UK tour

I've heard whisperings of them being in Europe February/March time next year so there is potential for some UK dates there. Of course this could be totally untrue but there is hope.

Meanwhile Oh Sees are playing in Manchester and London early March if you're after a garage psych fix!

39 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I've heard whisperings of them being in Europe February/March time next year so there is potential for some UK dates there. Of course this could be totally untrue but there is hope.

Meanwhile Oh Sees are playing in Manchester and London early March if you're after a garage psych fix!

Heh watch Gizz play Manchester the same night as Oh Sees again.

• Upvote 1

Gizz are just in a perpetual state of 'man, their next tour can't come round soon enough'. I thought 3 sets at Glasto would satisfy me for a bit but no. Hope they do a decent size tour and hopefully I can get to a couple of them. Another Bristol date would be dreamy - but would they be too big by now to play the kind of little venues there they used to do?

15 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Gizz are just in a perpetual state of 'man, their next tour can't come round soon enough'. I thought 3 sets at Glasto would satisfy me for a bit but no. Hope they do a decent size tour and hopefully I can get to a couple of them. Another Bristol date would be dreamy - but would they be too big by now to play the kind of little venues there they used to do?

Completely agree, in the last year I've had 5 chances to see them (3 of which I've taken) but I'd happily have another one. Glad Oh Sees are back, every band on the line-up for those gigs are mega, gonna be special. 

5 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Oh Sees are a fucking ridiculous live band. 30 quid though, that's a bit steep!

Yeah I understand it’s a bit of an ‘event’ rather than just a standard gig, but does seem a bit much for them, or at least a bit more than I’m willing to pay. If there are still tickets left nearer the time I could maybe be swayed though.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I understand it’s a bit of an ‘event’ rather than just a standard gig, but does seem a bit much for them, or at least a bit more than I’m willing to pay. If there are still tickets left nearer the time I could maybe be swayed though.

Yeah I reckon its one of those that will run late being as its and 18+ event. Maybe a bit like Strange Waves did when when gizz played. I'm in the same boat, if there are still tickets next year I'll go for it. Been trying to get round to seeing Thee Oh Sees for ages now but it just hasn't worked out for me.

Think £30 is reasonable to see possibly the best live band going along with 3 other great bands. In current ticket price terms anyway. Can't talk for the London venue but Albert Hall tends to be around £25 anyway so the price of a pint for the step up in quality is chilled. 

Edited by priest17
Also they're only 27.50 on dice

23 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Think £30 is reasonable to see possibly the best live band going along with 3 other great bands. In current ticket price terms anyway. Can't talk for the London venue but Albert Hall tends to be around £25 anyway so the price of a pint for the step up in quality is chilled. 

They were £15 entry with two other Castle Face bands just over a year ago tho. Then £21 earlier this year. Does seem an unreasonable rate of increase but I'll probably pay it closer the time.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They were £15 entry with two other Castle Face bands just over a year ago tho. Then £21 earlier this year. Does seem an unreasonable rate of increase but I'll probably pay it closer the time.

Yeah that's a point. I'm usually pretty cautious with ticket prices but paying 80 for a sitting Kendrick ticket has skewed things for a little bit at least. Was happy to pay 50 for a streets ticket if I could have got one. I'd happily pay a tenner for each of the 3 bands before Oh Sees though, tried to with Flat Worms in fact but it's sold out. (I know that festival style logic is flawed coz you're paying for the event as much as much as the band but I've gone with it ahah.)

Gonna be a hell of a night either way, I'm  personally happy to pay up for it. Just gotta save the pennies to drink for 4 bands worth in Albert Hall now...

30 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Gonna be a hell of a night either way, I'm  personally happy to pay up for it. Just gotta save the pennies to drink for 4 bands worth in Albert Hall now...

I have been to the Albert Hall but can you remind me of the price of a pint please, this may inform my decision...

4 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I have been to the Albert Hall but can you remind me of the price of a pint please, this may inform my decision...

You're looking at basically a fiver a pint of average-at-best lager. The ale cans are also a fiver. It'd be alright if you could leave for a little bit, the abercromby's only across the way (even if it is a red pub). Alas...

The Gizz are playing O2 Academy Brixton on 21st Feb. Support special guests TBC + Mild High Club. On sale Friday.

Haven't seen anything about more UK shows but not particularly bothered if it's gonna be leaning on Sketches that much (as indicated by the support). Not a fan of that record.

Edited by dentalplan
corrected the support info

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The Gizz are playing O2 Academy Brixton on 21st Feb. Support special guests TBC + Mild High Club. On sale Friday.

Haven't seen anything about more UK shows but not particularly bothered if it's gonna be leaning on Sketches that much (as indicated by the support). Not a fan of that record.

Big venue for them. Wonder how it'll translate.

Anyone heard anything on price? I am expecting 30 quid...