King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

2 hours ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Just had a drink with the boys and they've said they are definitely booked for the Crow's Nest 

Just tried to upvote you but I'm all out sorry, but thanks for this, superb news! Really hope this is a late one, some of the best gigs in the early hours up there :)

5 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

So how many times is everyone planning on seeing them over the festival? I'm hoping to go to all three sets.

Yep, all 3 for me too. Over the couple years since I first caught them at Glasto they've become one of my favourite bands so I don't want to miss a second of it.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm hoping they did a gig like this somewhere over the weekend. Different.....

Yeah their psych-pop stuff hardly ever gets a good showing in their live sets. Big fan of pop gizz, would love a set all made of Oddments/Paper Mache/Float Along type stuff, and 3 sets at Glasto seems the perfect opportunity for it. Still, hard to complain when the heavy stuff is as brilliant live as it is.

Just now, Mash011 said:

Yeah their psych-pop stuff hardly ever gets a good showing in their live sets. Big fan of pop gizz, would love a set all made of Oddments/Paper Mache/Float Along type stuff, and 3 sets at Glasto seems the perfect opportunity for it. Still, hard to complain when the heavy stuff is as brilliant live as it is.

Last night - they were great, but.... the microtonal banana stuff wa sthe weakest plus, they didn't have medley and 12 minute runs of tunes. They stopped in between tracks like a "normal" band would - until the nonagon infinity run.

Mental crowd too. Old school gig. Not many phones. Just how I like it.

32 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If they are midnight - I might sack the headliners off. Go to feel my bicep at the Stonebridge bar til 11:15 ish and walk up to the crows nest.

How many does it hold? Never been to the crows nest.

It'll be 1am. If they said Sat night/Sun morning then that's the latest bands play on CN.

Probably won't bother with Crow's Nest. It'll be a mission to get to and inside in time and considering it'll only be half an hour and it'll start twenty minutes late, I might give it a swerve and see what else is going down. Flamingods at the bottom of the hill I believe.

Edited by dentalplan

53 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

So how many times is everyone planning on seeing them over the festival? I'm hoping to go to all three sets.

Will be there for the John Peel set and possibly Crow's Nest. Seen them twice in the past month and 6 times over the last 2/3 years so not too fussed if I only make it to the JP set.

Edited by rhg_99

Theres always a chalk board outside the crows nest showing who is playing that day. Someone usually posts a photo of the board each morning on here

Fully expect Jagwar Ma to be playing and/or DJing the Crows Nest one night

My favourite Glasto venue, lovely vibe, even if you only get to lie on the grass outside listening the band playing inside, taking in the most stunning view anywhere on the site.