King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

Loved mind fuzz. Really like Nonagon as a whole, even with the filler. But I fear the trajectory may be slowly downwards.  Can be the downside of being so prolific. Thee oh sees last couple of albums, in contrast, have been brilliant.

Are you glossing over the fact PMDB and Quarters - two of the lesser received Gizz records - came out between those? :P

whoever was talking about Thee oh Sees good on ya, been listening today and they're really good. Im surprised all this music has slipped by recently without me paying attention. 10 years ago I was totally on point with new bands. Not that they are a new band but you get me.

54 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Mutilator defeated at last and a weird exits both dead good albums.

Castlemania totally different - more late Beatlesish - but also worth a listen.

A weird exits is the one I've been listening to. Some good shit there. Will give the other ones you mentioned a go too.

To be fair I've heard of them before but they put them in the 'emo' section of my local indie record store so for that reason alone I've given them a miss until now!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

whoever was talking about Thee oh Sees good on ya, been listening today and they're really good. Im surprised all this music has slipped by recently without me paying attention. 10 years ago I was totally on point with new bands. Not that they are a new band but you get me.

There a whole well of good bands if you follow this trail, ty segall is a great place to go from thee oh sees if you don't know him. There's quite a few mentioned earlier in this thread I think.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

There a whole well of good bands if you follow this trail, ty segall is a great place to go from thee oh sees if you don't know him. There's quite a few mentioned earlier in this thread I think.

cheers mate.

I've heard Ty being mentioned - will have to check him out. I'm currently on the Mutilator album which is also great and I am bracing myself to trawl through the 'recommended artists' filter on Apple Music when its done :)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

cheers mate.

I've heard Ty being mentioned - will have to check him out. I'm currently on the Mutilator album which is also great and I am bracing myself to trawl through the 'recommended artists' filter on Apple Music when its done :)

if you haven't got to it yet i'd highly recommend their album Floating Coffin which is their best imo

17 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

cheers mate.

You're in for a treat

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

Don't know whether to make a new thread for this but did anyone else notice Thee Oh Sees have a follow up to A Weird Exits? Released properly on Friday...

i think i mentioned this in another thread a while back, but wasn't aware it had leaked/been released/whatever. will give it a listen now. interesting/great that so many of the acts in this 'genre' are so prolific

28 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

Mungo 57 give Wand and the Meatbodies a try to. A British band who are really worth listening to is Wolf People. This is off their new album Ruins. Great 70's rock sound. http://wolfpeople.co.uk/

Them Wolf people are great, cheers.

These guys are great as well, don't be put off by the name like I was for a while if you haven't heard them, they're better than their joke name suggests.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, adjwholovesmusic said:

Mungo 57 give Wand and the Meatbodies a try to. A British band who are really worth listening to is Wolf People. This is off their new album Ruins. Great 70's rock sound. http://wolfpeople.co.uk/

Thanks mate, will def check out Wolf People/.

On 16/11/2016 at 6:00 PM, priest17 said:

Them Wolf people are great, cheers.

These guys are great as well, don't be put off by the name like I was for a while if you haven't heard them, they're better than their joke name suggests.

Thats a pretty decent song.

I think we may have found a rival to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard for most random band name!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...