King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

42 minutes ago, big__phil said:

The last pond album is a cracker, and will go down well with the good people of this thread. It's a couple of years old now though...we need another!

you're not wrong, its really good. I should really have been into them for much longer before, they have a few of Tame Impala's touring members in and as such I should have been more aware of them.

I still prefer King Gizzard but Pond are good.

I think Glasto should hand the Glade over to KG and we can have Gizzfest UK on that stage, all day, with extra long psych sets :) (in my dreams............)

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Thanks for reminding me I need to properly get in to Pond and Melody's, enjoyed what I've heard from both of those.

Bring em along to Gizzfest UK, yeah?

Melody's Echo Chamber aren't really much like Gizz, they're just Australian. Good stuff though.

I don't know why some super gig/fest doesn't happen really. I was reading an interview with King Gizzard's current tour manager and he's managed recent tours with Ty Segall (so there's about 8 bands there, plus spinoff bands), Thee Oh Sees (a few there) and White Fence so yeah, bring on Gizzfest UK.

Edited by dentalplan

It's not impossible for them to give KG the Glade for an evening or day. They did similar for Warp record label in the past. 

I've seen 2 new tracks from a forthcoming album live a few weeks ago and they fit right in to the Nonagon setlist so I expect at least one album to be of a similar vein to NI.

I am currently up to 4 King Giz T shirts. You have to get in quick for the ones on bandcamp as they sell out quickly. Got my first from flightless but I don't think they sell T's anymore. Picked up my latest at the gig a couple weeks back in Brum. I'm still looking for an 'I'm in your mind fuzz' full T if anyone spots one for sale.

On 23/09/2016 at 2:16 PM, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

It's not impossible for them to give KG the Glade for an evening or day. They did similar for Warp record label in the past. 

I've seen 2 new tracks from a forthcoming album live a few weeks ago and they fit right in to the Nonagon setlist so I expect at least one album to be of a similar vein to NI.

I am currently up to 4 King Giz T shirts. You have to get in quick for the ones on bandcamp as they sell out quickly. Got my first from flightless but I don't think they sell T's anymore. Picked up my latest at the gig a couple weeks back in Brum. I'm still looking for an 'I'm in your mind fuzz' full T if anyone spots one for sale.

I have only I'm in your Mind Fuzz on vinyl. Next up will be Quarters I think, then might get Nonagon Infinity.

Would really love if they did something like that, let a band curate a mini festival within a festival. Whether thats something that would work, or G would do, is open for debate. If they did let King Gizz do that I could see myself camped at whatever stage it was for the full day :P

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, priest17 said:

They've just announced a gig at Manchester Albert Hall (f*cking get in!) For June 14th so Glastonbury looks a little more likely 

I'm in! I will get ticket(s) tomorrow, love playing Nonagon Infinity stupidly loud in the car. The Albert Hall is a great venue too, off there tonight for Regina Spektor.

As Priest17 has said Wand, Meatbodies, Thee oh Sees and Ty Segall would be mint. I saw King Gizzard at Glastonbury in 2015 and they were tight, really tight and sounded absolutely brilliant. Pond who are part Tame Impala, (But better in my opinion) are really good to, I'm suprised that they haven't played yet. Steering away from the fuzz, psych sound and more to a new wave garage sound are another Aussie band called Royal Headache. Anyone who likes guitar garage bands needs to check these fellas out!! 

Oh and here is the link to the new Gizzard single.

Edited by adjwholovesmusic
  • Upvote 1

That video. :lol: Look at miniature Ambrose go!

Excellent stuff tho. Guessing this is gonna be their 'culturally insensitive' album. They're proper going for these microtones n'all. February 24th. Can't wait!

Them being around in June must nail them on, considering how much they love the place and Heavenly Records throwing acts all over the line up every year. 

43 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

At the risk of getting shot down......

Got into them with mind fuzz. really like that and nonagon. like what I've heard of the back catalogue pre that and also dream balloon.

Loved them on the park stage and at Manchester Ritz.

But! getting a bit one trick pony now no? the majority of that rattlesnake song could be on either mind fuzz or nonagon. it's all a bit too similar. 

Hope they prove me wrong next year but I'm fearing five versions of the same album rather than five albums  

Nah I can imagine they're gonna get that a lot but it's krautrock, my man. All the songs are gonna be repetitive rhythms and refrains - that's the basis of it all. But also adding enough different to keep it interesting as, say, Nonagon was a lot more metal-inspired and this one's using Arabic instrumentation and tuning.

Must admit Rattlesnake is the first song they've put out in a while that hasn't immediately grabbed me. And I don't know enough about microtonal tuning for that concept to really intrigue me - but with 5 lp's to come it's no tragedy if not all of it hits the spot. Good news that they're around in June again though, I'm already missing the thrill of a Gizzard gig and hopefully I'll get to see them a few more times this year.

17 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Only 18 quid which is reasonable for Albert Hall to be fair. June's a busy one though, for sure.

Got a trip to London for Eric Prydz (27th may) then flying to Ibiza for a wedding the day after - then Glasto.

Unfortunately something has to give

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Got a trip to London for Eric Prydz (27th may) then flying to Ibiza for a wedding the day after - then Glasto.

Unfortunately something has to give

Can't argue with that, thats a hell of a start to the summer! Luckily these guys are robots without off buttons so another live opportunity can't be that far away and I imagine you've probably caught them this year. Still kicking myself for missing the gorilla gig.