King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

I remember someone somewhere (think it was Dental) said we need a Gizz thread, and with apparently four albums to come next year I wholeheartedly agree. Let's get these guys back to the farm in 2017, yeah?

I'll start us off with a classic list. Feel free to follow suit.

1. Nonagon Infinity
  2. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
  3. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  4. Paper Mache Dream Balloon
  5. 12 Bar Bruise
  6. Quarters!
  7. Oddments
  8. Eyes Like the Sky
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1. Nonagon Infinity
  2. Eyes like the sky (The lack of love for it saddens me - I love it)
  3. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  4. Oddments
  5. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
  6. 12 Bar Bruise
  7. Quarters!
  8. Paper Mache Dream Balloon

The  Mighty Gizzard are my favourite thing at the moment. They can do no wrong. I need a T-Shirt. They had all gone last Friday.

As an aside... I love this video:

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:
  1. Nonagon Infinity
  2. Eyes like the sky (The lack of love for it saddens me - I love it)
  3. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  4. Oddments
  5. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
  6. 12 Bar Bruise
  7. Quarters!
  8. Paper Mache Dream Balloon

I'll admit I've only actually listened to Eyes Like the Sky once - it was novel but the entire concept was so baffling that perhaps I didn't give it much of a fair shot. I'll go back to it some day.

1. Nonagon Infinity
  2. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  3. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
  4. Oddments
  5. 12 Bar Bruise
  6. Eyes Like the Sky
  7. Quarters
  8. Papier Maché Dream Balloon

I think after the impact of Nonagon Infinity, this new album's finna be big for them. I can't get Barrel Roll out of my head and the others sound gooooood.

Request for Glastonbury, every other festival I consider and also Gizzfest UK.

49 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I remember someone somewhere (think it was Dental) said we need a Gizz thread, and with apparently four albums to come next year I wholeheartedly agree. Let's get these guys back to the farm in 2017, yeah?

I'll start us off with a classic list. Feel free to follow suit.

1. Nonagon Infinity
  2. Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
  3. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz
  4. Paper Mache Dream Balloon
  5. 12 Bar Bruise
  6. Quarters!
  7. Oddments
  8. Eyes Like the Sky

You forgot:

9. Pablo Honey

All in for this. So many great acts seem to be in the frame for next year!

I'm probably not in a great position to make a list either, as I've only got 4 albums (and no vinyl player or streaming account to hear the others). But yes, I'd bloody love a GizzFest UK (seems unlikely though).

How was the Manchester gig? I would have gone, if I hadn't just got back from holiday the day before.

All the albums and both EPs are available on YouTube if u want.

As for the deep cuts Mash, Black Tooth and Sleepwalker are big grooves from the 'old' days that I've a lot of time for.

The Strange Waves show was brilliant. First time seeing 'em since Glasto and needless to say it was very different, with them having grown considerably and it not being 1pm. Place just exploded after the first "Nonagon Infinity opens the door..." and kept going throughout, just as the band did. Yus.

Edited by dentalplan

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Strange Waves show was brilliant. First time seeing 'em since Glasto and needless to say it was very different, with them having grown considerably and it not being 1pm. Place just exploded after the first "Nonagon Infinity opens the door..." and kept going throughout, just as the band did. Yus

Probably the best value gig I have ever been to. Got my ticket as an early bird £15.

The way they brought it back around at the end was brilliant. Can't wait for next year - 4 albums! Splendid.

They were the first act we saw last year. It was my partner's first Glastonbury and not long into the set he just gave me the most euphoric look, I knew he was hooked already. We left that gig so energised, it really set us up for the rest of the day. Looking back it was probably in the top 3 sets of the weekend for us.

35 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

KGATLW blur into one for me - so many albums I can never remember whats what with them, great band but get totally confused with their output :P

I can imagine as the first handful - Eyes to the Sky aside - were all garage rock and you could easily get confused what track was on which, but since then they've distinguished stuff a lot more. The last three have been a psych-jazz record consisting of four 10 minute tracks, a straight forward Village Green Preservation Society type mellow rock joint and the latest was largely a prog-metal album, all entirely different from their earlier output for better and for worse.

The next record is supposed to be a more sufi influenced world stuff, but they've been debuting songs that I guess are for a later album that are more befitting the Nonagon Infinity setlist, so yeah it looks like they're tackling all different styles at once and that's why there are so many albums in the pipeline.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The only album I am not too keen on is paper mache dream balloon. To me, it was just a bit "novelty". As if they specifically thought, "we will do an acoustic album" - rather than the songs coming naturally.

If that makes any sort of sense!

I dunno, it's maybe easy to be a bit baffled by it because it won't necessarily give you what you want or expect from them, but I guess that's one of the joys of this band. It was packed with songs like Sense, Bone, Trapdoor and the title track which are really great tunes in their own right.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I can imagine as the first handful - Eyes to the Sky aside - were all garage rock and you could easily get confused what track was on which, but since then they've distinguished stuff a lot more. The last three have been a psych-jazz record consisting of four 10 minute tracks, a straight forward Village Green Preservation Society type mellow rock joint and the latest was largely a prog-metal album, all entirely different from their earlier output for better and for worse.

The next record is supposed to be a more sufi influenced world stuff, but they've been debuting songs that I guess are for a later album that are more befitting the Nonagon Infinity setlist, so yeah it looks like they're tackling all different styles at once and that's why there are so many albums in the pipeline.

Been listening to them today and I get your point.

Quarters (well, 3/4 songs) unavailable on Apple Music and Eyes to the Sky totally unavailable on there so can't listen to them 2 but I see what you mean about the albums.

My favourite of the available ones on there is definitely Nonagon Infinity. Thats a great record. They have apparently 4 new projects to release as someone said, so I am hopeful of seeing them at G next year. I somehow managed to miss all of their sets in '15.

13 hours ago, priest17 said:

We need a psych-fuzz period on the John Peel this year. Get these guys, Wand, Meatbodies, Thee Oh Sees and Ty Segall on back to back and they can put literally anyone else on the rest of the weekend and I'm happy!

and Fuzz. Glastonbury needs Fuzz (the band).

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Based on the suggestions apple music made earlier, I am now into Pond and Melody's Echo Chamber based on listening to KGATLW.

The last pond album is a cracker, and will go down well with the good people of this thread. It's a couple of years old now though...we need another!