Seecoaches return journey

AmyShambles

Never travelled to the festival by coach before but going to try for coach package in October.  One of our group went by coach this year but came home with us in the car.  What's the deal with the return journey, are you allocated a time?  I don't fancy having to leave late Sunday/early hours Monday.  What time do the coaches start leaving the site? 

Hoping to get tickets from Manchester or Liverpool.  Any info/advice would be helpful.

Edited by AmyShambles

Yes, you get allocated a time for the return journey. Not sure what time the earliest leave, but I seem to recall some were very early - an excuse to stay up all night. Having said that, ticket checking is a little less than thorough - nobody bothered to check them for the coach I came back on. Just as well, as I was supposed to be on a different one.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, AmyShambles said:

Never travelled to the festival by coach before but going to try for coach package in October.  One of our group went by coach this year but came home with us in the car.  What's the deal with the return journey, are you allocated a time?  I don't fancy having to leave late Sunday/early hours Monday.  What time do the coaches start leaving the site? 

Hoping to get tickets from Manchester or Liverpool.  Any info/advice would be helpful.

My coach last year left at 8am, like ancient_one's coach there was zero ticket checking.

It was like a morgue on there with a lot of people blanking staring into space! I also learnt that I have never appreciated a KFC more when we stopped at services at about 10am on way back!

It's a free for all. Just turn up. Go into the sheep pen signposted with your destination and wait to be loaded. No checking of times or tickets, by that stage they just want you the hell out of there as quickly and with the minimum amount of fuss possible. It's happened before where one of our group had to drive home early leaving his 2 passengers stranded, they got on a see coach back to Manchester without being checked.

6 hours ago, justperfect said:

It's a free for all. Just turn up. Go into the sheep pen signposted with your destination and wait to be loaded. No checking of times or tickets, by that stage they just want you the hell out of there as quickly and with the minimum amount of fuss possible. It's happened before where one of our group had to drive home early leaving his 2 passengers stranded, they got on a see coach back to Manchester without being checked.

Exactly this. Stewards really don't care, they just seem to want to clear people out as fast as possible.

22 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I'll pop this in here to save starting a new thread...

Anyone know how many seeticket buses leave from Glasgow? I've a feeling the further away a destination is like Glasgow it may just have the one but anyone know from experience?

Just one I think. There is also one National Express coach.

48 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Just one I think. There is also one National Express coach.

Cheers bud! Thought as much.

Keen on trying for a coach ticket just to give me another chance but just concerned about it not being in my control when I depart/arrive there. I'd be going on my own. This year I travelled to London to meet my two mates and we got the National Express from there.