Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome news........ Slowdive will be on Woods stage Thurs night, not Big Top as EOTR initially announced 

:D

Glad EOTR saw sense, Thurs is getting busier every year and would be a shame if people couldn't of got in the Big Top.

Edited by thespiral

1 hour ago, thespiral said:

Awesome news........ Slowdive will be on Woods stage Thurs night, not Big Top as EOTR initially announced 

:D

Glad EOTR saw sense, Thurs is getting busier every year and would be a shame if people couldn't of got in the Big Top.

Where has this come from?

Would make sense although it's a bit poor after categorically saying there would be no Woods Stage headliner.

Still it's a lot better than having folk locked out of the Big Top.

notice there is a still a TBC for the Thursday night.

if Rebecca turns up to sing with Moonlandingz and Charles is already there with Surfing Magazines I'm hoping to a late night Slow Club set in the Tipi!

looking great for me at the moment

Friday - Goat Girl/Julie Byrne > Kelly Lee Owens > Ryley Walker > Parquet Courts > Omni/Real Estate > Mac Demarco > Pond

Saturday - Courtney Marie Andrews > Sinkane > HMLTD > Nadine Shah > The Lemon Twigs > Car Seat Headrest > Father John Misty > Gold Panda

Sunday - Vaudou Game > Shame > Julia Jacklin > Foxygen > Amadou and Mariam > Perfume Genius > Maricka Hackman/Bill Callahan/ Jesus and Mary Chain

serious decision needs to be made on Sunday night.

Question for yall EotR veterans - does it get really busy for the bands that close the Big Top after headliners? Super keen for Pond and Japandroids but with them being the only big bands on at the time I can imagine it being a nightmare to get a good spot in the tent after seeing a headliner. Tips?

9 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

saw them at Glastonbury. One of the best festival sets I've ever seen, unmissable at EOTR for me.

Missed the end of their set to get to Glass Animals. This time round if times are as expeceted I'll miss the start for Alvvays. Works out to a full set! :P

But yeah they're excellent. Very talented guys, lots of energy on stage.

17 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Question for yall EotR veterans - does it get really busy for the bands that close the Big Top after headliners? Super keen for Pond and Japandroids but with them being the only big bands on at the time I can imagine it being a nightmare to get a good spot in the tent after seeing a headliner. Tips?

It gets busy but you can usually get in and even work your way forward fairly easily. I can't remember a real crush in there. Not everyone goes for the late Big Top show though; there are still things going on in the Tipi tent, the silent disco, the disco ship, the bonfire at the cider bus, and some are even heading back to their tent by then!

1 hour ago, juliadevitt said:

loving that this forum is waking up. It's July so I think it is acceptable to start getting excited - 56 days  to go!

Once Glastonbury has been on TV, End of the Road is all I can think about every year. Clashfinder already planned :D

Loads to look forward to. It's an excellent line-up this year, I think.

I'm starting to crank up my preparation now as EoTR approaches and as usual, the more I listen to, the more I begin to worry about clashes. My itinerary as of now includes:

Friday - Aaron Lee Tasjan > Daniel Romano > Scott Hirsch > H. Hawkline > Real Estate > Lucinda Williams 

Saturday - John Moreland> Courtney Marie Andrews > Bill R-J > The Lemon Twigs > Band of Horses/Car Seat Headrest  > Father John Misty 

Sunday - Nap Eyes (might be tempted to Legends of Country though) > Timber Timbre > Julia Jacklin > Foxygen > Amadou and Mariam > a bit of Perfume Genius > Bill Callahan

Other new additions are Laraaji, J.C. Satàn and Bo Ningen. 

Great to see a fair amount of experimental music on this year's bill, and J.C Satàn and Bo Ningen will nicely fill the heavy psych/garage rock quota, which I felt was the only thing really missing this year (Ty Segall apart)