Bands for 2017

eagles69

10 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

it seems like I'm the only one who loves Pure Comedy! Only gets better the more I listen.

I really like like it but it is far too long. I tend to listen to it as two mini-albums. Sometimes I listen to it up to Leaving LA nad sometimes I listen to the rest of it. Works much better that way.

dont quite get the criticism of the headliners, obviously it's largely down to personal taste but in terms of the size of the acts are they any different from Bat For Lashes, Wild Beasts, Beach House, St Vincent all of whom have headlined the Woods Stage in recent years.

i totally agree about Bill Callahan being much better suited to the Garden Stage and I still wonder if that's where we may see him? Remember the Gene Clark No Other Band were originally announced as main stage headliners before being moved to the more 'special' Garden Stage. Given BC is clearly someone they have courted for a long a time it's possible the same could happen. Would probably depend on another main stage headliner being available though.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Yep, definitely the right decision. Just wondering if any of the already announced acts could step up to the Woods Stage. Probably only Band Of Horses and I can't see that happening, so we really could be looking at a new act.

Think BOH have it on their website that they are playing the Saturday so I had them pencilled in as being on before FJM

Lucinda Williams is down to play on the Friday IIRC 

PWR BTTM have been dropped by their management, dropped from festivals, touring members have quit and supports for their tour have quit due to rape allegations appearing true, it's made worse by the fact they're seen as a bastion of the lgbt music scene and promote safety and equality and what not, I'd be surprised if they still play whether that be because they cancel their dates or get dropped from the lineup

5 hours ago, OddRon said:

PWR BTTM have been dropped by their management, dropped from festivals, touring members have quit and supports for their tour have quit due to rape allegations appearing true, it's made worse by the fact they're seen as a bastion of the lgbt music scene and promote safety and equality and what not, I'd be surprised if they still play whether that be because they cancel their dates or get dropped from the lineup

Dropped from their label now with customers being offered refunds if they've purchased the album. They're finished. I don't think they'll even need to be dropped now, they won't exist next month.