Bands for 2017

eagles69

30 minutes ago, Keneth said:

I'm still going and with an open mind. I may come away dissapointed as I'm not the type of music fan that thinks everything is awesome and brilliant even when it's just a bit rubbish. 

Anyway, what's wrong with Kasabian? If there good enough for Jules!

You don't appear to be someone who knows their way around a dictionary so this may fall on deaf ears but I suggest you look up the phrase 'straw man'.

People don't go to End of the Road because they 'think everything is awesome'. They go because they appreciate the bands that have been carefully selected by the organisers. The general style of music is known in advance as it has been the same every year since its inception.

Just sell your ticket and move on.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/7/2017 at 10:58 AM, ljsawyer said:

Simon just posted a picture of the line up poster on a wall in the tube, and it looks like King Khan & The Shrines and Yndi Halda have sneakily been added. I remember really loving Yndi Halda's debut many years ago but had totally forgotten about them until now, so will have to revisit that album and have a listen to their new one.

The poster also says there are more acts still to be confirmed, so I think we can expect another (small) announcement similar to the one they made in June last year.

Saw this on the tube this morning and you're right. King Khan & The Shrines and Yndi Halda were on there.

Wonder why they haven't put Yndi Halda or King Khan or the official site.  Maybe they're forming part of a final (small) announcement.

Ah well, if King Khan and The Shrines are playing at least we know who'll be on the Woods Stage on Friday at around half five.

None as far as I'm aware, but it does go to show how things are expanding on the comedy side of the festival.  2016's Stewart Lee / Josie Long / Bridget Christie headliners were a significant step up from those of previous years.  Joe Lycett is already at a point where he could sell out the Hammersmith Apollo, so the relative success of the acts they now have on the comedy stage is a sizeable increase on the ones they had even a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Goodfinger said:

None as far as I'm aware, but it does go to show how things are expanding on the comedy side of the festival.  2016's Stewart Lee / Josie Long / Bridget Christie headliners were a significant step up from those of previous years.  Joe Lycett is already at a point where he could sell out the Hammersmith Apollo, so the relative success of the acts they now have on the comedy stage is a sizeable increase on the ones they had even a couple of years ago.

Ah, makes sense, thanks.

On 15/04/2017 at 9:29 AM, Goodfinger said:

Continuing the much bigger names than they had on the Comedy Stage last year, Joe Lycett has announced he'll be performing at EOTR.

Hmm. Saw him at Glastonbury last year and was a bit disappointed.

Anyway. Been studying the lineup again today.not bothered about a couple of the headliners but plenty of good and unheard stuff to explore so definitely getting a ticket come payday.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, paulwa said:

Interpol have a nice space on Saturday 2nd Sept during their tour for the 'Here come the bright lights' album. One can only hope!

http://pitchfork.com/news/73217-interpol-add-turn-on-the-bright-lights-anniversary-shows/

I don't wish to dampen your optimism, but they've been announced for Electric Picnic that weekend unfortunately.

1 hour ago, RustySpanner said:

Serious question for discussion - when and how did modern music get to the point where it is possible for someone as mediocre as Mac DeMarco to get to headline what is a fairly major UK festival?

its not really that surprising, most UK festivals have been making uninspired headliner bookings for years.

Edited by rhg_99