Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cortezuk said:

That's an interesting concept. You might be right. Had just assumed BOH would headline the Garden Stage but if they are both playing Saturday it may well be that they go on before FJM. 

May allow someone like Ty Seagal to headline the Garden Stage?

We've seen it happen before. My Morning Jacket, Future Islands, Patti Smith and Broken Social Scene were all big enough to headline the Garden Stage, but ended up subbing headliners on the Woods Stage instead. It wouldn't be a surprise.

I guess you've got to consider that if 50% of the audience are liable to want to see them, then the Garden Stage becomes too small. Then I guess you've got to look at who you're putting an artist up against. For example, I doubt you'd put Ty up against Mac, as they probably share a fan demographic. But, I dunno, this is why I don't work as a festival booker!

4 hours ago, Swanmob said:

So I make that 84 bands confirmed. There seems to have been 112 last year by my count so if it's a similar number to last year we're due 20-30 more. Happy days!

pretty crazy that we're due at least 20 more on top of what we've got already - it already feels like a great and full line up

1 hour ago, Swanmob said:

You're right, it's 91. I was including comedy acts. Almost at capacity then. 

Yeah, there will be the competition winners which are often on the Tipi Ten on the Thursday with maybe a headliner in there late on. And another half dozen or so spread over the weekend. Might have a wee play around with last year's clashfinder tomorrow and see if i can predict a running order for this year!

Anyone else concerned about Big Top capacity for Moonlandingz/Slowdive on the Thursday night ?? 

I'm really surprised that they aren't just doing the same as last year and using The Woods stage. The last few Thursdays have been *really* busy.

It seems odd that now Thursday evening seems to be officially part of the festival, with biggish names on the bill, being promoted , that you would not try to ensure everyone who wants to see them can.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think they may have underestimated how many are gonna want some Slowdive action. Wouldn't want a repeat of the queuing and full tent for Teenage Fanclub last year :(

Personally I would have loved Slowdive to be on the Garden Stage as the sun went down :D That would have been perfect.