Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/02/2017 at 2:21 PM, thespiral said:

Saw Mega Bog supporting Big Thief last week in Brighton.

Big Thief were fantastic.:D

Mega Bog on the other hand I won't be worrying about anyone clashing with :unsure:

I saw both in Bristol and agree with you on both counts.

I'm seeing Josefin Ohrn on Friday, which reminds me that we're low on the psych band count at the moment.

Edited by paulwa
Added info

On 2/8/2017 at 6:37 PM, WM Hall said:

he's got one or two decent songs but he just seems incredibly arrogant with a huge ego.. the whole wise-guy satirical-poetic-prophet-of-the-left schtick is just irritating too.

still, each to their own.

I see there is some cross over with the Electric Fields line up. Do you think we might see a few more of these artists? Would like to see Frightened Rabbit and British Sea Power again.

(sorry WM Hall this wasn't in reply to your post but the only way I could post using my phone).

IMG_4738.PNG

Edited by juliadevitt

American Football have a very short UK tour starting in Brighton on the End of the Road Friday.  Might be an option for the Thursday night.

Saw them in 2015 at Gorilla in Manchester. They performed an extra 'matinee' show on the day of their gig because of the level of demand. Slightly strange experience to be at a sold out gig early on a Saturday afternoon, at least outside a festival, but was still enjoyable!

An excellent evening at the Concord last night for the Drive by Truckers. Played a mix of tunes from several albums, including 4 from Southern Rock Opera. Also a timely cover of gimme some truth by John Lennon. Good support from a band I hadn't heard of called Eyelids, who are well worth a look at.

I love BSP, really do. But a Woods headline slot would not constitute a "doozy" for me. They have played many times and I cannot see that their stock has risen to headliner status, not for a festival of EOTR's size anyway. They are also playing lower down the bill on many other festivals this summer, most of which I would consider to be smaller and/or less prestigious.