Bands for 2017

eagles69

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Any recommendations from lower down the order that should not be missed from you guys in the know? I know maybe half the artists. 

Always the best thing about EOTR for me - so many of my now fave artists bands have not known a thing about until seeing them low down the bill.

3 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Always the best thing about EOTR for me - so many of my now fave artists bands have not known a thing about until seeing them low down the bill.

Agreed. Many I've overlooked over the years too though who I've later loved so any advice helps. 

19 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Agreed. Many I've overlooked over the years too though who I've later loved so any advice helps. 

Definitely - I only picked up the Whitney album late September after lots on here had said how good they were. And that album ended up being my fave of last year.

Just need to sort my Goat Girl from my Girl Band and Girl Ray!

Saw Goat Girl recently supporting Lemon Twigs. Would be better suited with J&MC, nearly on point of collapse, and will need a bit more stage presence for a festival stage. But EOTR will be 9 months down the line for them; and look at The Big Moon rising up the festival running orders this year. 

"Big Moon rising"...i quite like that!

1 minute ago, AndyfromBrackley said:

Just need to sort my Goat Girl from my Girl Band and Girl Ray!

Saw Goat Girl recently supporting Lemon Twigs. Would be better suited with J&MC, nearly on point of collapse, and will need a bit more stage presence for a festival stage. But EOTR will be 9 months down the line for them; and look at The Big Moon rising up the festival running orders this year. 

"Big Moon rising"...i quite like that!

Ha I recently saw Goat Girl supporting Girl Band! :)

Looks good, although there are many artists I don't know. Who would you recommend exploring to someone who likes the likes of Joanna Newsom, Sufjan, Grizzly Bear, Fionna Apple, FJM, Dirty Projectors, Julia Holter, Laura Marling..?

Edited by qrdk

Always like the look of this festival's line up. But it's a drive and a half for me.

Whats the atmosphere generally like? Ages?

Much evening/late stuff going on?

Flicked through some of the gallery images on the site. With all the chairs reminds me of the back of the Pyramid stage. Attract that sort of crowd?

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, qrdk said:

Looks good, although there are many artists I don't know. Who would you recommend exploring to someone who likes the likes of Joanna Newsom, Sufjan, Grizzly Bear, Fionna Apple, FJM, Dirty Projectors, Julia Holter, Laura Marling..?

There's nobody that similar to all those I think but you may like Ryley Walker and Real Estate. 

8 minutes ago, qrdk said:

if you like Julia Holter and Laura Marling then check out Julie Byrne and Julia Jacklin

you've got similar taste to me so also give Bill Ryder Jones and Real Estate a listen. Also there's Parquet Courts if you fancy something a bit more punky and Ty Segall for garage/psych rock.  

Edited by rhg_99

42 minutes ago, Dylan's Big Toe said:

I just noticed they've said on their Twitter feed that there'll be no Thursday headliner this year, and the Woods Stage won't open until Friday.  Seems odd - quite enjoyed the 'bigger' Thursday night last year.

It did sort of feel like they had an opportunity to get the shins and ran with it. I sort of missed the quieter Thursday of watching small bands and sitting round the campfire with a nice gin though I must admit.

Big surprise having Lucinda Williams on, looking forward to her 

Was convinced I'd saw FJM at EOTR before, mate reminded me we technically had as he played a solo set as J. Tillman the year Fleet Foxes headlined 

Edited by Tilted