Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

On 2017-04-20 at 10:52 PM, jed300 said:

When can we expect stage time folks? Do you get stage splits prior to that? There should be a primavera thingy!

Barcelona being knocked out of the Champions league might mean that the time table might be out a little earlier. Hopefully first week in May.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we're getting very close to their live dates, but why are people assuming Arcade Fire won't release an album?

Primavera boss advising people to make sure they download the app this year (it's not out yet) in order to have a "different experience" at the festival this year. No idea what he means by that though.

16 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

I know we're getting very close to their live dates, but why are people assuming Arcade Fire won't release an album?

Well yeah the fact that they've got a month to announce + release it (although Kendrick obviously proved that could be done in a matter of weeks not too long ago so can't totally write it off for that reason) and somebody on this forum mentioned that they'd heard nothing new was coming out before the start of this tour (Primavera being the first show). Maybe/hopefully that'll be wrong but I don't think it's looking too good.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well yeah the fact that they've got a month to announce + release it (although Kendrick obviously proved that could be done in a matter of weeks not too long ago so can't totally write it off for that reason) and somebody on this forum mentioned that they'd heard nothing new was coming out before the start of this tour (Primavera being the first show). Maybe/hopefully that'll be wrong but I don't think it's looking too good.

Well, Radiohead 2016 is also a great example. Not just Kendrick recently co-ordinating the album's release with his Cochella's headlining set. Gorillaz announced their next album about a month before releasing it this coming Friday.

• AF's drummer said back in January that the band has finished recording the album and was in the mixing process. He is on band schedule starting in April
  • The mixing was rumored to be done about two months ago, which makes tons of sense
  • The artwork was supposedly shot in mid-March
  • AF's crew was spotted shooting a music video in April 9th

Despite all those, no concrete information was floated about the album's release.

I believe that new music from AF is imminent. Whether by surprise or in a short notice, and in large contrast to Reflektor's massive pre-release campaign.

20 hours ago, Orens said:

Well, Radiohead 2016 is also a great example. Not just Kendrick recently co-ordinating the album's release with his Cochella's headlining set. Gorillaz announced their next album about a month before releasing it this coming Friday.

• AF's drummer said back in January that the band has finished recording the album and was in the mixing process. He is on band schedule starting in April
  • The mixing was rumored to be done about two months ago, which makes tons of sense
  • The artwork was supposedly shot in mid-March
  • AF's crew was spotted shooting a music video in April 9th

Despite all those, no concrete information was floated about the album's release.

I believe that new music from AF is imminent. Whether by surprise or in a short notice, and in large contrast to Reflektor's massive pre-release campaign.

All good points and fingers crossed it ends up being the case - they've got a month to rock my world and get me excited about seeing them again/make their Primavera re-booking seem like a worthwhile one (although, as is always the case with AF, if the new material could not effect how many Funeral songs are played in their set that would be great - Tunnels, Power Out, Wake Up and Rebellion at least are all musts). 

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Whether they release an album of not, Primavera deserve the benefit of the doubt. They were probably booked a year ago on the promise of a new album but Primavera can hardly control whether they follow through or not.

Oh yeah I totally get that, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a quick-repeat headliner booking and, Primavera's fault or not, they'll be playing from the same selection of songs as they did last time without a new album (or playing a bunch of new songs that nobody's heard - not really what you want at a festival show).

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh yeah I totally get that, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a quick-repeat headliner booking and, Primavera's fault or not, they'll be playing from the same selection of songs as they did last time without a new album (or playing a bunch of new songs that nobody's heard - not really what you want at a festival show).

Yeah, I totally respect that. 

With all the inevitable clashes, it will at least free up one of the great undercard names, plus the less time spent in Mordor, the better.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I totally respect that. 

With all the inevitable clashes, it will at least free up one of the great undercard names, plus the less time spent in Mordor, the better.

Oh I'm not saying I'm not gonna see them :lol: something insanely good on at the same time aside, I'll almost definitely be watching them. I just like to have a little moan, and when I'm there I doubt I'll be giving much of a shit about having heard all of these songs live already.

1 hour ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Oh, do tell ... Only going for the 1st time this year. Main Arena = Lowest Common Denominator of people ?

Nope, the problem with the main 2 stages is that they are lacking in character, dusty, relatively far away and overcrowded. It's like a gig in a busy car park. 

The other stages are all pretty excellent though I miss the old ATP mini amphitheatre stage terribly which is no longer used for shows.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Nope, the problem with the main 2 stages is that they are lacking in character, dusty, relatively far away and overcrowded. It's like a gig in a busy car park. 

The other stages are all pretty excellent though I miss the old ATP mini amphitheatre stage terribly which is no longer used for shows.

Ah, okay ... Yeah, I've experienced that Car Park feel at other fesitvals, never good for my shin splints.

Guys, this is my first time at PS and I already have a tuesday ticket but I desperately need a friday ticket. I tried using the safe marketplace, but there aren't any friday tickets. Does anyone know if I'm gonna be able to get into the festival with a ticket from viagogo or is it an exclusively nominal ticket? 

13 hours ago, meg stuart said:

Guys, this is my first time at PS and I already have a tuesday ticket but I desperately need a friday ticket. I tried using the safe marketplace, but there aren't any friday tickets. Does anyone know if I'm gonna be able to get into the festival with a ticket from viagogo or is it an exclusively nominal ticket? 

Yes you can - that will work. But you might want to consider that they are a bunch of ****s that like to **** the ****. By using secondary touts - I mean re-sellers - people are encouraging exploitative price gouging practices that rip off fans. Without such buyers, they would close down.

Can't you just wait for a ticket to appear on the safe marketplace that has been established to do away with these kinds of parasites?

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes you can - that will work. But you might want to consider that they are a bunch of ****s that like to **** the ****. By using secondary touts - I mean re-sellers - people are encouraging exploitative price gouging practices that rip off fans. Without such buyers, they would close down.

Can't you just wait for a ticket to appear on the safe marketplace that has been established to do away with these kinds of parasites?

yeah, I get what you mean! I totally don't want to buy from re-sellers, but I waited this entire month and there were no friday tickets on safe marketplace, so I'm afraid I won't get the chance to buy it 

You can't guarantee it with 100% certainty but I've always seen people offloading lots of tickets as we get near the festival.

I've even seen 3 day passes being sold for 50 euros on the day of the event. I was offered a 3 day pass for 100 euros last week. You could buy one and sell your Thursday pass and you'd still be up on the deal.

In short you shouldn't have to pay Viagogo their exploitative ripoff fees and support their exploitative business model.

8 hours ago, meg stuart said:

It'd be awesome if I could find a 3 day pass for a price like this!!! I'd definitely buy it and sell my thursday one. If nothing happens I'll just wait a little bit longer and hope for a friday ticket to appear on safe marketplace. Thanks a lot!!! 

A lady called estafania mata (oriol) was selling one like this on facebook. Try her maybe and good luck!

On ‎25‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 2:03 AM, meg stuart said:

Right now there is a friday-ticket for sale:

https://www.redtkt.com/?action=listado&type=festival&festivalId=21

Edit: Already sold!

Edited by frankburns