Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Koroviev said:

Does anybody know where !!! are playing on the Sunday Night?

I'm looking at the Primavera al Raval page (http://www.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatRaval?lang=en) and they're listed as being at 'SEAT', is this going to be a different location or is it just part of the CCCB venue?

CCCB, I assume. They just changed the sponsor.

Can't lie, I'm gutted that Frank Ocean has cancelled, but unless we hear otherwise, I hold absolutely no grudge against Primavera.  Each festival has announced the cancellation in date order - i.e. no doubt Parklife festival will be next.

It'd be awesome if Primavera have been keeping a replacement on the back-burner in case this happened.. however, even if literally no one replaces him, it's still an incredible line-up, and just means I can watch Swans now

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It's possible that Primavera had expected one of the bigger names to cancel and had some kind of agreement for A Tribe Called Quest who were free during the fest, only for their own tour to pulled and scupper the whole thing. 

On reflection this seems depressingly likely....Gabi did say something about "old skool hip hop"

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If that was the case thank god they didn't announce Frank's cancellation, announce ATCQ as his replacement and then have to announce their cancellation shortly after :lol: 

Haha I think we would just accept we had been cursed at that point! 

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

With them having warmed up at a rehearsal at Sant Jordi Club in Barcelona tonight, I'd say the secret pre-show is looking increasingly nailed on.

I'd guess Wednesday.

Probably been asked before (probably by me...) but how do you go about getting tickets/access to these secret shows? Not sure if I'll make it in the end but would certainly like to give it a go if it's happening whilst I'm there.

On 2017-5-28 at 1:20 AM, johnybegood said:

Gabi is "El Primaveras" in that forum. He has been explaining what happened with Frank Ocean, and then he gave that new: The National will be in Primavera next year.

Do you have a direct link to the post where he says this?

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably been asked before (probably by me...) but how do you go about getting tickets/access to these secret shows? Not sure if I'll make it in the end but would certainly like to give it a go if it's happening whilst I'm there.

It won't be a secret show as such....rather a surprise announcement where ticket holders can apply for a pass online (but this year probs through and terrible app) I'd imagine you use your portal log in details to secure a ticket. *a la LCD last year

11 minutes ago, sgtpepper100 said:

Jamie XX essentially replacing Frank Ocean.. not what we hoped, but given the circumstances, not too bad.  Also kind of proves Primavera didn't know Frankie boy was going to pull out

Says it's been updated on the set times/app but can't see any changes as of yet. Not the best replacement but it's something, and makes sense considering it looked like he was gonna do a secret set anyway.

edit: never mind it's updated now.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, sgtpepper100 said:

Jamie XX essentially replacing Frank Ocean.. not what we hoped, but given the circumstances, not too bad.  Also kind of proves Primavera didn't know Frankie boy was going to pull out

Gabi said as much in the exilados forum. " No tengo plan b porque eso no existe. Tú no puedes ir a otro artista como por ejemplo Kendrick y decirle que esté preparado por si acaso Frank Ocean no toca. Vaya, es que me mandan a paseo con muy malas palabras. "

Which means - I don't have a plan B because that doesn't exist. You can't go to another artist, like, for example Kendrick, and ask him to be prepared just in case Frank Ocean doesn't play. Come on, he would send me on my way with some very bad words.

I'm surprised in one sense though as you would expect that he'd have so many great relationships after the years of doing it that he could ring someone big and ask them to do an acoustic set or something without a lot of tech to prepare.

As far as I can work out (so don't rely on this) the Mango/Heineken stages are now largely running 20 minutes later on Thursday.

The XX and RTJ  have been brought forward by a slot on Mango/Heineken to allow Jamie XX to join at 2am on Friday.

The Bacardi Live stage is now largely running 30 minutes later on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Also looks like the bands playing early on Mango/Heineken on Friday like Whitney and Mac DeMarco ave been shunted back by an hour or so.

Sampha isn't clashing with Mac (one of the worst clashes for me), and I get to see Jamie xx! 

I love this festival.

19 minutes ago, sgtpepper100 said:

If someone can holler when they've updated their Clashfinder, i'd be eternally grateful 

Its done - (not by me!)

https:///s/primavera2017/?user=09up6q.yr&

The expectation was that Jamie XX would do something anyway - so nothing new at all.

Any ideas why it says Whitney/The Growlers? Says it on the Primavera site too.

Also, disappointed that Noga Erez  now overlaps with Swet Shop Boys.