Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

3 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Tizuff has clearly had a few beers so give him a break. 

It's a real shame Frank has cancelled but what can you do.

Kung fu Kenny as a replacement or we riot 

LOL
Probably in 2018, next to The National and Sufjan Stevens.

But wow, if they could get Kendrick on board as we speak... OMG.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Tizuff has clearly had a few beers so give him a break. 

It's a real shame Frank has cancelled but what can you do.

Kung fu Kenny as a replacement or we riot 

I haven't but thanks for the kind words ;) 

kendrick would be mind blowing but not expecting anything.

Just going to enjoy sampha before frank which is what I was going to skip to get a good spot for frank. Hope Bon iver is as good as he has been elsewhere. Could save the weekend in terms of headliners . Jamie xx secrets set would be nice too. 

12 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Sorry i assumed as I've seen you on the glastonbury forum and you've never been this emotional. I'm as gutted as you that frank isn't playing as it was the main reason for me going. 

Have a good night man, I'm going to bed.

It's just the amount of time and money that goes into it booking it. Just venting really got a group of 5 guys all of huge fans and he's cancelled. Leaves a bad taste. Frank is an important artist to me and I've wanted to see him all my life. Last time I'll book tickets to see him.

Seen gabi posting on the Spanish forum they will try and get something  booked tomorrow but not expecting anything. Real shame. 

And yes im a totally laid back guy lol . This stuff so close to the festival is just something else. Very very gutted to say the least. 

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

lol great comparison! he broke his foot in front of thousands of people! ;D

The reasons why the act has to be cancelled is moot. You mentioned in your earlier post that you're pissed that Primavera allegedly knew Frank was never playing and stayed quiet with the intention to somehow make money from it (despite them now offering refunds and the potential that day will no longer be sold out). "It's a fucking joke if they don't replace him". 

Glasto didn't replace Foo Fighters after a cancellation, why does that not make them a fucking joke? In fact Glasto had around 2/3 weeks from the top of my head to go out and find a replacement to play the biggest and best camping festival in the world. Cancellations fucking suck, but it's unbelievably stupid to somehow blame a cancellation on the organiser or to imply that Primavera have done this as a secret ploy for more money as there is literally no positive reason for a festival to do that. 

In fact, it's a huge kudos that they are even offering full refunds for day tickets; they are under no obligation to do that, and a lot of festival companies would probably balk at such an idea man. I honestly get you though, was gonna see Marie Davidson over Frank but was so stoked to catch him at Parklife but no doubt he will be cancelling that too. It's devastating but give the festival a try rather than writing it off on your true or untrue perceptions of the organisers itself. Its a stunning festival because of its entire lineup curation and its style. Frank Ocean won't change that part. 

Edited by Koroviev

5 hours ago, Koroviev said:

The reasons why the act has to be cancelled is moot. You mentioned in your earlier post that you're pissed that Primavera allegedly knew Frank was never playing and stayed quiet with the intention to somehow make money from it (despite them now offering refunds and the potential that day will no longer be sold out). "It's a fucking joke if they don't replace him". 

Glasto didn't replace Foo Fighters after a cancellation, why does that not make them a fucking joke? In fact Glasto had around 2/3 weeks from the top of my head to go out and find a replacement to play the biggest and best camping festival in the world. Cancellations fucking suck, but it's unbelievably stupid to somehow blame a cancellation on the organiser or to imply that Primavera have done this as a secret ploy for more money as there is literally no positive reason for a festival to do that. 

In fact, it's a huge kudos that they are even offering full refunds for day tickets; they are under no obligation to do that, and a lot of festival companies would probably balk at such an idea man. I honestly get you though, was gonna see Marie Davidson over Frank but was so stoked to catch him at Parklife but no doubt he will be cancelling that too. It's devastating but give the festival a try rather than writing it off on your true or untrue perceptions of the organisers itself. Its a stunning festival because of its entire lineup curation and its style. Frank Ocean won't change that part. 

My friend was saying last night "Well, it's a shame they don't offer refund on full festival tickets!", and she's not even going.

Come on people, let's stop being mad at each other and start being pissed off about Frank Fucking Ocean. He and his crew are the ones to blame. He doesn't deserve to be booked again by any festival, ever. Unbelievable.

I agree with the overall sentiment, this is a total bugger (Frank was pretty much my number one act) but it doesn't diminish from what is going to be an amazing festival weekend. 

I feel really sorry for the festival, it sounds like Frank and his team were messing them around until the last minute. 

8 hours ago, Koroviev said:

Could not agree more with Koroviev.

The backtracking from Tizuff is interesting to see. Now we're getting a straw man argument asking why we are not giving him the right to get upset and it's a big deal for him that a headliner he wanted to see has cancelled.

Yet one is disputing that.

But what is totally out of order is to come up with conspiracy theories about the organisers and lay the blame with them. They run a world class festival every year with a mindblowing array of talent that caters for so many different tastes. The chief organiser regularly has open dialogue with the festivalgoers. And there is nothing they can do make someone play who doesn't want to. They have no legal requirement to offer refunds, yet they are offering them. 

If you want to vent, try and focus on who has caused this issue. To be frank, your attitude does you no favours...

6 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

You know what I meant :lol:

so what are peoples recommendations for the time slot frank was in ?? Was thinking of watching swans.

Grandaddy ):

I think I'll wait for the schedule readjustment before thinking about it.

Changing subject completely I'm flying British Airways (clearly I never learn as they got me there a whole day late in 2012) and it's looking like total chaos with flights cancelled and now a massive backlog.

Have zero faith that they will sort out things by Wednesday - now a major concern. 

Hope no one else facing same issue.

Thanks.

30 BA flights cancelled this morning out of London this morning even though the problem is supposedly fixed and also lots of people have arrived only to find out that their bags never made it with them. Genuinely I've had much better experiences with Ryanair than British Airways over the years and I'll try and make this the last time I ever fly BA.

Flying with Vueling on the Monday at 15:35 from Manchester. Beats last year when we thought it was a great idea to do a layover in Brussels to save some cash. Took us 15 hours on the way back last year to get home due to delays!