Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

13 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

if they dont replace him the festival is a fcuking joke. They 100% knew many many weeks ago and they must have a replacement. 

You're assuming that Primavera '100% knew' weeks ago when without any direct information, it is just as likely that Primavera could have been led along by Frank's team advising 'production issues' would have been sorted by that date.

I highly doubt if Prima '100%' knew weeks ago he wasn't going to play they would just sit on their hands until a last minute announcement with no new replacement and then offer full day refunds? It defeats all logical sense. More likely they have been led along by Frank's team and have been left in the lurch and are now scrambling to find a new replacement or if one of the current bands can do them a favour. 

I do agree though that they should be finding a replacement, whether its a big name like LCD Soundsystem (unlikely) or a good calibre band with a cult following. Bumping up the lineup will be a little lame.

Edited by Koroviev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did the other two festivals not announce the replacements along with announcing his cancellation? If so it's worrying that Primavera hasn't done that, and the wording of the cancellation makes it sound like some stuff could just be getting moved around - no mention of 'replacement' or any such. Hmm.

There won't be a replacement. People can get refunds. Stuff will be getting moved around.

Hope Frank doesn't destroy my perfect timetable.

Organizer Gabi Ruiz on the official board (google translate):

We communicate what they tell us to communicate. We tried to save this performance until the last moment, our whole team has been juggling for weeks but in the end we could not do anything to save it. As soon as it was evident that there was no going back we decided to communicate it. Until yesterday I was totally convinced that he was coming to Barcelona. We have overcome all kinds of logistical problems and production of a show that was changing day after day, we have left a lot of money and time for this to happen ... It could not be. I'm more screwed than anyone. Nor have I thought of keeping the news or seeking any replacement. Whoever wants can return their ticket.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don't understand. He's not playing Glastonbury, never has.

With or without him, this is still an incredibly strong lineup and the organisers have my utmost respect.

i didnt mean it in the sense of hes playing Glastonbury. Just its so soul destroying he cancelled. Maybe he wasnt the main reason you were going but he was the main reason we were going. 

Glastonbury at least is the silver lining. Its not the festivals fault but i reckon they knew earlier. They didnt book a replacement as they would rather save the money, the festival has already sold out. call me cynical. They didnt reply to tweets they knew what was going on. 

i wont go back to primavera after this year, it wont damage them one bit but i dont trust them.

You are a grade a twat.

Primavera always put on a first class show but they are always beholden to artists' temperaments and you have no reason to accuse them without evidence.

I'm sure they wanted Frank Ocean to play (why would they not?) and I don't believe your conspiracy that they knew before.

4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i didnt mean it in the sense of hes playing Glastonbury. Just its so soul destroying he cancelled. Maybe he wasnt the main reason you were going but he was the main reason we were going. 

Glastonbury at least is the silver lining. Its not the festivals fault but i reckon they knew earlier. They didnt book a replacement as they would rather save the money, the festival has already sold out. call me cynical. They didnt reply to tweets they knew what was going on. 

i wont go back to primavera after this year, it wont damage them one bit but i dont trust them.

That's a shame you have made that decision based on the assumption that Primavera have played you. I am still not sure why they would rather save the money when as a result of Frank Ocean pulling out they now have to offer day ticket refunds to anyone who wants one? It's not a win-win for the festival at all, its always a bigger disaster for the event when the headliner pulls out, especially in these circumstances.

If Primavera knew he wasn't playing it makes no business sense for them to not to replace him. 

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Northside Festival said after the cancelation of Sasquatch that he is still performing, his manager told them so.

It's one week after Primavera. Go figure who is responsible for all this mess. Hint: not the festival in Spain. 

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Just like I thought earlier, they were playing it safe. I believe Gabi really thought it would be ready at the time, but as he said - that asshole changed the stage setup on a daily basis, he's just not prepared to play just like he wasn't for any other festival.

Would you be happy if they replied you that he will be playing? Northside would look like a joke if he does cancel.

I wonder what his thoughts are on Glastonbury 2015 where Foo Fighters  cancelled 3 weeks  before and they didn't bother to replace but bumped the lineup.

Money spinner too? Thank god noble and perfect Glasto will save his summer though. 

Primavera Sound is know to be one of the best curated festivals in the world. As for myself I would have loved to see at least 50 of the acts on the lineup, but probably I will only have time for +/- 30 or so. And there is a lot of music lovers like me that come to Primavera for this reason. For all the good cred-liners, not necessarily for the headliners. No-one shouting loud about going to Primavera for just one single act will have the slightest kind of respect among this audience. So my apologies TiZuff, you might be talking to a deaf audience. But anyway, lets all be friends. 

Alright, everyone calm down!

Frank's cancelled the show which, no matter what he or anyone else says, is down to him and his team in this case. Personally it's not good enough from him and he seems to have guiding these festival organisers on a wild goose chase in terms of the production of his show.

Furthermore, I don't think it's the festivals' fault and whilst they should try to find a replacement, it just may be impossible when they're being told by Frank and his team 6 days before.

Edited by aidenlangan95

59 minutes ago, xxialac said:

TiZuff for a long time I've thought you were the epitome of annoying and now you've proved it with your whiny pathetic rant.

I get that you're angry but like a petulant child you're taking it out on the wrong people.

are you gabi?? hjahahahhahaha cry more!

as i said , call me cynical. "for a lon time you have though im the epitome of annoying" 

hahahahahaha funny guy! what have i possibly done to make you think that! other than be unhappy frank cancelled and it sounds like there is no replacement? 

edit: dont get me wrong, i didnt go for 1 act. Bon Iver, arcade fire, sampha, whitney , RTJ etc are all going to be incredible. But for alot of people Frank was the main reason they were going. he has cancelled 5 days before. Maybe the festival knew, maybe it didnt. 

Think xxilac might have shares in PS by the sounds of it. Sure its a lovely festival but it suck for alot of people frank cancelled.

Edited by TiZuff

43 minutes ago, Koroviev said:

I wonder what his thoughts are on Glastonbury 2015 where Foo Fighters  cancelled 3 weeks  before and they didn't bother to replace but bumped the lineup.

Money spinner too? Thank god noble and perfect Glasto will save his summer though. 

lol great comparison! he broke his foot in front of thousands of people! ;D